Start by marking “Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Disney Peter Pan)” as Want to Read:
Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Disney Peter Pan)

Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Disney Peter Pan)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  3,109 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Published January 23rd 2007 by Golden/Disney

To ask other readers questions about Walt Disney's Peter Pan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walt Disney's Peter Pan

The Poky Little Puppy by Janette Sebring LowreyThe Monster at the End of this Book by Jon StoneThe Little Engine That Could by Watty PiperThe Color Kittens by Margaret Wise BrownBeauty and the Beast by Teddy Slater
My FAVORITE LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK
35th out of 102 books — 79 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingTwilight by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Books You Will Keep Forever
276th out of 520 books — 223 voters

More lists with this book...

Nikki
Summary- This book is a shortened version of the modified Disney rendition of Peter Pan. Including the illustrations through out the story mimic the movie. A family set in London with three children one girl and two boys,where instructed by their father that they had to group up. Most of all the oldest daughter Wendy, this made them very sad. That night they begin an amazing adventure in spit of their fathers advice. They follow a young boy named Peter Pan who is magical and can fly, to a place ...more
Natalie Cosellian
Summary: Peter Pan is listening as Wendy tells stories to her little brother Michael and John. She stopped after her parents told her she needed to grow up. Wendy didn't want to and peter swept in and flew them to never land. They have fun adventures there and then Captain Hook kidnaps peters friends. The characters are Peter Pan, Wendy, Michael, John, Captain Hook, tinker bell, and the tree friends. The setting takes place in Neverland. The major conflict is that Captain Hook kidnaps the girl a ...more
Krista Basilio
In the neighborhood of Bloomsbury, where George and Mary Darling's preparations to attend a party are disrupted by the antics of the boys, John and Michael, acting out a story about Peter Pan and the pirates, which was told to them by their older sister, Wendy. Their father, who is fed up with the stories that have made his children less practical, angrily declares that Wendy has gotten too old to continue staying in the nursery with them, and it's time for her to grow up and have a room of her ...more
Jada Riutta
Wendy is telling a story and so peter pan and wendys brothers are listening. peter flew them to never land. it was an adventures they will never forget because they get kiddnapped. they take place in the neverlands. there are basically seven characters such as; The tree friends, tinker bell captain hook, the two brothers john and michael, the two main ones are Peter pan and wendy

Hannah Edwards
Peter Pan by Walt Disney Company is a children’s fairytale book. The adventures of Peter Pan is a classic story, Never Land is something that all kids dream of. Peter Pan is most closely related to boy’s interests but Tinkerbelle adds to the interests of little girls.
I would recommend this book for children five to nine based on the storyline and the level of comprehension necessary to understand the story and the fact that most of it is make believe and cannot happen in reality. I also think t
Jenny williams
Walt Disney's Peter Pan is in fact one of the most classic books that Disney ever created. It's a mixture between a fairy tale and a mystical land that they live in. The best part about this novel which takes place in neverland is that Peter Pan simply doesn't ever age. He is eternally a boy that no matter how much time passes by, he stays the same. Peter has his own little gang called the lost boys who are the same as him. Through all of the adventure and action in Peter Pans life he encounters ...more
Haley Heinkel
There was a place faraway where no one grew old and that Peter Pan and Tinker Bell lived. This was Never Land. In this story, Peter Pan meets a girl named Wendy. Peter took Wendy and her brothers flying across town and faraway to Never Land. When they get there they run in to trouble… Tiger Lily was captured by Captain Hook. Peter Pan fights Captain Hook with the help of the Lost Boys, Wendy and her brothers. Peter Pan rescues them they would love to stay in Never Land but need to get back befor ...more
Liliana Jaramillo

The girls love the tales of Princesses and this especially is a tale for boys and girls since many children are identified with Peter Pan with his sword fighting pirates to save his friends and his magical land. It is a workbook with fairy, heroes, children, and pirates. A great mix to catch the children's attention. It is a good book to teach as if we work together we can achieve our goals to teach the value of friendship and loyalty.
Pam
So, this book leaves out a lot of detail from the original Peter Pan story, and from the movie, and from the productions my kids were in this spring. So, they hated it...a lot. But, if you're not a stickler on those details, it's a decent Little Golden Book.
Sue Tint
Isabel and I read this together and she loved it! She loved how she was at the edge of her seat at the end of each chapter
Erin
Peter Pan, the story of a boy who refuses to grow up. Peter Pan is looking for his shadow and in his search he flies into the nursery a proper middle-class family. The Darling children find Peter Pan and his stories extremely interesting and decide to go with him and Tinker Bell to Never-Land where they live with the lost boys. While in Never-land they experience many adventures including an encounter with Captain Hook.

This was one of my favorite stories as a little girl. And I loved the movie.
Shayla
This book is about Peter Pan coming and bringing Wendy and her brothers to never land. They have many adventures and they learn a lot of things together.
I like this book because it is a simplified version of the actual story. Children will be able to read it and understand it.
I would use this book with my children because it has a good moral lesson that they could learn from. They would love the illustrations, and they would enjoy the story.
Ashley
May 10, 2014 Ashley added it
It was Good (:
Ayana Aoki
7word summary
children PetrtPan NeverLand magicalplace pirates TinkerBell ship

PetrtPan is one of my favorite Disney stories. There were many many cute illustrations in this book. This story gives us a lot of dreams and hopes. Why don't you set foot in the dreamland?

Q: If you stage a play( PetrtPan ), which character do you want to act the role?

A: I want to act PetrtPan. He is a really Powerful boy. I want to act him as wonderful and cheerful PetrtPan.
Miss Meghan's Class
(All the stars for each book I review are voted on by the children - I was shocked to hear her tell me she only really liked it.) This is a good book, one of my favorite Disney ones in fact. It goes along with the movie, obviously, since Disney is the one that put it out, so it's very exciting for the kids to see and hear the words - they will even go and tell you what will happen next.
Blakeley Norris
I LOVE THIS BOOK. This is my favorite "fairytale"/story that Walt Disney has made. It is full of adventure and is good for children who say they want to be grown ups. I believe it helps children to embrace their childish side and to be kids. This book is full of imagination and adventure too.
Raven Grider
Peter Pan would be great to use for older grades to lead-in to a play! Children of all ages enjoy this book and love having it read to them. I would use it for older grades (probably 3rd-5th). Also, parts of this story could be used as a Reader's Theater, as well.
Sabrina Henry
This book was about a little girl and her brothers who went on an adventure with a popular adventurous boy, Peter Pan. Though it is a fairytale it was fun and exciting! The illustrations are also colorful. This story could be great for reenacting a story.
Juan
I just read this to my son before bed and, believe it or not, it was the first time I'd ever read any Peter Pan book. I've seen the movies and a stage version but never read it until tonight. It's definitely a timeless classic.
Karla Akins
I got to see Peter Pan on Broadway in 1979 and got to speak to Sandy Duncan after the show outside the theater. What a THRILL! I was 18, and it's one of my greatest memories!
Rosa Cline
The version I read to my grandbaby is very much like the movie and the illustrations the same as well... not blocky but not to complex to follow. Just a nice story.
Anthony
One of my all time favorite Little Golden Book, I remember this when I was a little boy and I always wanted to go to Neverland.
Ali
Oct 27, 2010 Ali added it
I have read alot of the Peter Pan versions and i love peter pan and if you went to Crescent Park, You know why.
Farnoosh
I love the way Peter pan and Wendy treat each other, I wish they were older in order to completely love each other
Theresa
retelling of the movie with movie stills. a retelling of a Disney classic with images from the movie
D'Anne
I have nothing against Peter Pan, but I think it's silly to try to cram all of it into a Golden Book format.
Danny
The illlustrations were great. the underground lair of the lost boys and the mermaid lagoon.
Komal
Sep 13, 2014 Komal added it
Shelves: childhood
Peter Pan was the one Disney move that didn't really work out for me.
Rare.
Marts  (Thinker)
A great read for younger children, good introduction to the classics.
Jaime Contreras
My kids loved this ravorite tale, especially Tinkerbell.
  • Cinderella: A Little Golden Book
  • Chicken Little
  • Walt Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk (A Little Golden Book)
  • Three Little Pigs (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Disney's Tarzan (A Read-Aloud Storybook)
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
The Three Little Pigs (Disney Classic) Santa's Toy Shop (Little Golden Book) Mother Goose (Little Golden Book) Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland Walt Disney's Pinocchio (A Big Golden Book)