Start by marking “Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Disney Peter Pan)” as Want to Read:
Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Disney Peter Pan)

Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Disney Peter Pan)

4.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,312 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
From the original book by Sir James M. Barrie
Published January 23rd 2007 by Golden/Disney

To ask other readers questions about Walt Disney's Peter Pan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walt Disney's Peter Pan

The Poky Little Puppy by Janette Sebring LowreyThe Monster at the End of this Book by Jon StoneThe Little Engine That Could by Watty PiperThe Color Kittens by Margaret Wise BrownThe Saggy Baggy Elephant by Kathryn Jackson
My FAVORITE LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK
39th out of 133 books — 96 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingTwilight by Stephenie MeyerPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Books You Will Keep Forever
318th out of 679 books — 240 voters

More lists with this book...

Sirajam Munir Shraban
আমি এই এক বছরে পিটার পযান এর ফযানটাসি জগত থেকে উৎসারিত Tinker Bell মুভি সিরিজের পরায় সবকটা মুভিই দেখে ফেলেছি। এমন সময় ছোটদের জনয ডিজনির পিটার পযান বইটা পড়লাম। ভালো লাগলো না। বাংলা অনুবাদ খুবই বাজে হয়েছে। এখন মূল বইই ভরসা। আর এই ফযানটাসি জগতের আদি অনত উপভোগ করতে হলে টিঙকার বেল মুভি সিরিজ যেন বাদ না যায়। [পিডিএফ]

Nikki
Apr 21, 2015 Nikki rated it really liked it
Summary- This book is a shortened version of the modified Disney rendition of Peter Pan. Including the illustrations through out the story mimic the movie. A family set in London with three children one girl and two boys,where instructed by their father that they had to group up. Most of all the oldest daughter Wendy, this made them very sad. That night they begin an amazing adventure in spit of their fathers advice. They follow a young boy named Peter Pan who is magical and can fly, to a place ...more
Natalie Cosellian
Summary: Peter Pan is listening as Wendy tells stories to her little brother Michael and John. She stopped after her parents told her she needed to grow up. Wendy didn't want to and peter swept in and flew them to never land. They have fun adventures there and then Captain Hook kidnaps peters friends. The characters are Peter Pan, Wendy, Michael, John, Captain Hook, tinker bell, and the tree friends. The setting takes place in Neverland. The major conflict is that Captain Hook kidnaps the girl a ...more
Shannon Andrews
Jun 09, 2016 Shannon Andrews rated it really liked it
Who doesn't know Wendy and Peter Pan, one of the greatest fictional child story of our time. I've watched the movies a lot of times with my kids and at the same time read this book over and over to them. They are just amazed on how Peter can fly and what it is to be in Neverland and never grow old, this story is an epitome of how kids imagination can take you places and do the impossible things like flying with Thinkerbell or fighting pirates. This book is a reminder of being a kid and enjoying ...more
Krista Basilio
Jun 09, 2014 Krista Basilio rated it it was amazing
In the neighborhood of Bloomsbury, where George and Mary Darling's preparations to attend a party are disrupted by the antics of the boys, John and Michael, acting out a story about Peter Pan and the pirates, which was told to them by their older sister, Wendy. Their father, who is fed up with the stories that have made his children less practical, angrily declares that Wendy has gotten too old to continue staying in the nursery with them, and it's time for her to grow up and have a room of her ...more
Maddison Askew
Nov 23, 2015 Maddison Askew added it
Shelves: fantasy
Peter Pan is an amazing fantasy book. It follows 3 young children and a boy named Peter Pan. This book takes place in London and Neverland. I used this in my classroom to teach story elements and the kids loved it. The students can connect with the young characters and actually see themselves go on an adventure with them. The kids could draw their favorite character and pick which setting they liked best.
Jada Riutta
Apr 08, 2015 Jada Riutta rated it liked it
Wendy is telling a story and so peter pan and wendys brothers are listening. peter flew them to never land. it was an adventures they will never forget because they get kiddnapped. they take place in the neverlands. there are basically seven characters such as; The tree friends, tinker bell captain hook, the two brothers john and michael, the two main ones are Peter pan and wendy

Hannah Edwards
Oct 08, 2012 Hannah Edwards rated it liked it
Peter Pan by Walt Disney Company is a children’s fairytale book. The adventures of Peter Pan is a classic story, Never Land is something that all kids dream of. Peter Pan is most closely related to boy’s interests but Tinkerbelle adds to the interests of little girls.
I would recommend this book for children five to nine based on the storyline and the level of comprehension necessary to understand the story and the fact that most of it is make believe and cannot happen in reality. I also think t
Jenny williams
Dec 04, 2012 Jenny williams rated it it was amazing
Walt Disney's Peter Pan is in fact one of the most classic books that Disney ever created. It's a mixture between a fairy tale and a mystical land that they live in. The best part about this novel which takes place in neverland is that Peter Pan simply doesn't ever age. He is eternally a boy that no matter how much time passes by, he stays the same. Peter has his own little gang called the lost boys who are the same as him. Through all of the adventure and action in Peter Pans life he encounters ...more
Haley Heinkel
Nov 06, 2011 Haley Heinkel rated it it was amazing
There was a place faraway where no one grew old and that Peter Pan and Tinker Bell lived. This was Never Land. In this story, Peter Pan meets a girl named Wendy. Peter took Wendy and her brothers flying across town and faraway to Never Land. When they get there they run in to trouble… Tiger Lily was captured by Captain Hook. Peter Pan fights Captain Hook with the help of the Lost Boys, Wendy and her brothers. Peter Pan rescues them they would love to stay in Never Land but need to get back befor ...more
Liliana Jaramillo
Apr 02, 2014 Liliana Jaramillo rated it really liked it

The girls love the tales of Princesses and this especially is a tale for boys and girls since many children are identified with Peter Pan with his sword fighting pirates to save his friends and his magical land. It is a workbook with fairy, heroes, children, and pirates. A great mix to catch the children's attention. It is a good book to teach as if we work together we can achieve our goals to teach the value of friendship and loyalty.
Pam
May 25, 2014 Pam rated it it was ok
So, this book leaves out a lot of detail from the original Peter Pan story, and from the movie, and from the productions my kids were in this spring. So, they hated it...a lot. But, if you're not a stickler on those details, it's a decent Little Golden Book.
Ashley
This is a great traditional literature book as well as a great book for children. It is bout Peter Pan and Tinkerbell surprise Wendy and her brothers and take them to Neverland.
Tierra Wooten
Apr 21, 2016 Tierra Wooten rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This book is full of wonder and excitement. I would probably have the kids role play a scene from the movie with objects that we make during crafts time.
Mary Hand
Nov 27, 2015 Mary Hand rated it liked it
Shelves: folk-fantasy
This is one of my favorite childhood books.This book teaches kids it is okay to be a kid for a while, and there is no reason to grow up to quickly.
Sue Tint
Apr 22, 2015 Sue Tint rated it really liked it
Isabel and I read this together and she loved it! She loved how she was at the edge of her seat at the end of each chapter
Qeona Greer
Nov 30, 2015 Qeona Greer rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Peter Pan is a magical and whimsical book. I would use this book as a beginning fantasy book for lower elementary grade levels.
Danny C
Amo este libro. Lo he releído varias veces a través de los y cada ves que lo leo me encanta más.
Erin
Feb 24, 2010 Erin rated it it was amazing
Peter Pan, the story of a boy who refuses to grow up. Peter Pan is looking for his shadow and in his search he flies into the nursery a proper middle-class family. The Darling children find Peter Pan and his stories extremely interesting and decide to go with him and Tinker Bell to Never-Land where they live with the lost boys. While in Never-land they experience many adventures including an encounter with Captain Hook.

This was one of my favorite stories as a little girl. And I loved the movie.
Coreen Manalo
Jun 09, 2016 Coreen Manalo rated it liked it
i'm planning to read Tiger Lily soon so I thought I should read this first.
Shayla
Jun 23, 2015 Shayla rated it liked it
This book is about Peter Pan coming and bringing Wendy and her brothers to never land. They have many adventures and they learn a lot of things together.
I like this book because it is a simplified version of the actual story. Children will be able to read it and understand it.
I would use this book with my children because it has a good moral lesson that they could learn from. They would love the illustrations, and they would enjoy the story.
Xen
Ayana Aoki
Nov 26, 2013 Ayana Aoki rated it really liked it
7word summary
children PetrtPan NeverLand magicalplace pirates TinkerBell ship

PetrtPan is one of my favorite Disney stories. There were many many cute illustrations in this book. This story gives us a lot of dreams and hopes. Why don't you set foot in the dreamland?

Q: If you stage a play( PetrtPan ), which character do you want to act the role?

A: I want to act PetrtPan. He is a really Powerful boy. I want to act him as wonderful and cheerful PetrtPan.
Miss Meghan's Class
Oct 22, 2012 Miss Meghan's Class rated it really liked it
(All the stars for each book I review are voted on by the children - I was shocked to hear her tell me she only really liked it.) This is a good book, one of my favorite Disney ones in fact. It goes along with the movie, obviously, since Disney is the one that put it out, so it's very exciting for the kids to see and hear the words - they will even go and tell you what will happen next.
Blakeley Norris
Apr 25, 2010 Blakeley Norris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney-books
I LOVE THIS BOOK. This is my favorite "fairytale"/story that Walt Disney has made. It is full of adventure and is good for children who say they want to be grown ups. I believe it helps children to embrace their childish side and to be kids. This book is full of imagination and adventure too.
Raven Grider
Apr 08, 2011 Raven Grider rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Peter Pan would be great to use for older grades to lead-in to a play! Children of all ages enjoy this book and love having it read to them. I would use it for older grades (probably 3rd-5th). Also, parts of this story could be used as a Reader's Theater, as well.
Sabrina Henry
Jun 29, 2010 Sabrina Henry rated it really liked it
This book was about a little girl and her brothers who went on an adventure with a popular adventurous boy, Peter Pan. Though it is a fairytale it was fun and exciting! The illustrations are also colorful. This story could be great for reenacting a story.
Juan
Dec 02, 2012 Juan rated it it was amazing
I just read this to my son before bed and, believe it or not, it was the first time I'd ever read any Peter Pan book. I've seen the movies and a stage version but never read it until tonight. It's definitely a timeless classic.
Karla Akins
Aug 31, 2008 Karla Akins rated it it was amazing
I got to see Peter Pan on Broadway in 1979 and got to speak to Sandy Duncan after the show outside the theater. What a THRILL! I was 18, and it's one of my greatest memories!
  • Cinderella: A Little Golden Book
  • Chicken Little
  • Three Little Pigs (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Disney's Tarzan (A Read-Aloud Storybook)
  • Walt Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk (A Little Golden Book)