Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Disney Peter Pan)

Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Disney Peter Pan)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  1,528 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Published January 23rd 2007 by Golden/Disney

The Poky Little Puppy by Janette Sebring LowreyThe Monster at the End of this Book by Jon StoneThe Little Engine That Could by Watty PiperBeauty and the Beast by Teddy SlaterThe Color Kittens by Margaret Wise Brown
My FAVORITE LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK
34th out of 98 books — 66 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingTwilight by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenEclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Books You Will Keep Forever
285th out of 473 books — 215 voters

More lists with this book...

Krista Basilio
In the neighborhood of Bloomsbury, where George and Mary Darling's preparations to attend a party are disrupted by the antics of the boys, John and Michael, acting out a story about Peter Pan and the pirates, which was told to them by their older sister, Wendy. Their father, who is fed up with the stories that have made his children less practical, angrily declares that Wendy has gotten too old to continue staying in the nursery with them, and it's time for her to grow up and have a room of her...more
Hannah Edwards
Peter Pan by Walt Disney Company is a children’s fairytale book. The adventures of Peter Pan is a classic story, Never Land is something that all kids dream of. Peter Pan is most closely related to boy’s interests but Tinkerbelle adds to the interests of little girls.
I would recommend this book for children five to nine based on the storyline and the level of comprehension necessary to understand the story and the fact that most of it is make believe and cannot happen in reality. I also think t...more
Jenny williams
Walt Disney's Peter Pan is in fact one of the most classic books that Disney ever created. It's a mixture between a fairy tale and a mystical land that they live in. The best part about this novel which takes place in neverland is that Peter Pan simply doesn't ever age. He is eternally a boy that no matter how much time passes by, he stays the same. Peter has his own little gang called the lost boys who are the same as him. Through all of the adventure and action in Peter Pans life he encounters...more
Haley Heinkel
There was a place faraway where no one grew old and that Peter Pan and Tinker Bell lived. This was Never Land. In this story, Peter Pan meets a girl named Wendy. Peter took Wendy and her brothers flying across town and faraway to Never Land. When they get there they run in to trouble… Tiger Lily was captured by Captain Hook. Peter Pan fights Captain Hook with the help of the Lost Boys, Wendy and her brothers. Peter Pan rescues them they would love to stay in Never Land but need to get back befor...more
Liliana Jaramillo

The girls love the tales of Princesses and this especially is a tale for boys and girls since many children are identified with Peter Pan with his sword fighting pirates to save his friends and his magical land. It is a workbook with fairy, heroes, children, and pirates. A great mix to catch the children's attention. It is a good book to teach as if we work together we can achieve our goals to teach the value of friendship and loyalty.
Pam
So, this book leaves out a lot of detail from the original Peter Pan story, and from the movie, and from the productions my kids were in this spring. So, they hated it...a lot. But, if you're not a stickler on those details, it's a decent Little Golden Book.
Erin
Peter Pan, the story of a boy who refuses to grow up. Peter Pan is looking for his shadow and in his search he flies into the nursery a proper middle-class family. The Darling children find Peter Pan and his stories extremely interesting and decide to go with him and Tinker Bell to Never-Land where they live with the lost boys. While in Never-land they experience many adventures including an encounter with Captain Hook.

This was one of my favorite stories as a little girl. And I loved the movie....more
Ashley
May 10, 2014 Ashley added it
It was Good (:
Ayana Aoki
7word summary
children PetrtPan NeverLand magicalplace pirates TinkerBell ship

PetrtPan is one of my favorite Disney stories. There were many many cute illustrations in this book. This story gives us a lot of dreams and hopes. Why don't you set foot in the dreamland?

Q: If you stage a play( PetrtPan ), which character do you want to act the role?

A: I want to act PetrtPan. He is a really Powerful boy. I want to act him as wonderful and cheerful PetrtPan.
Miss Meghan's Class
(All the stars for each book I review are voted on by the children - I was shocked to hear her tell me she only really liked it.) This is a good book, one of my favorite Disney ones in fact. It goes along with the movie, obviously, since Disney is the one that put it out, so it's very exciting for the kids to see and hear the words - they will even go and tell you what will happen next.
Blakeley Norris
I LOVE THIS BOOK. This is my favorite "fairytale"/story that Walt Disney has made. It is full of adventure and is good for children who say they want to be grown ups. I believe it helps children to embrace their childish side and to be kids. This book is full of imagination and adventure too.
Raven Grider
Peter Pan would be great to use for older grades to lead-in to a play! Children of all ages enjoy this book and love having it read to them. I would use it for older grades (probably 3rd-5th). Also, parts of this story could be used as a Reader's Theater, as well.
Sabrina Henry
This book was about a little girl and her brothers who went on an adventure with a popular adventurous boy, Peter Pan. Though it is a fairytale it was fun and exciting! The illustrations are also colorful. This story could be great for reenacting a story.
Juan
I just read this to my son before bed and, believe it or not, it was the first time I'd ever read any Peter Pan book. I've seen the movies and a stage version but never read it until tonight. It's definitely a timeless classic.
Karla Akins
I got to see Peter Pan on Broadway in 1979 and got to speak to Sandy Duncan after the show outside the theater. What a THRILL! I was 18, and it's one of my greatest memories!
Rosa Cline
The version I read to my grandbaby is very much like the movie and the illustrations the same as well... not blocky but not to complex to follow. Just a nice story.
Anthony
One of my all time favorite Little Golden Book, I remember this when I was a little boy and I always wanted to go to Neverland.
Ali
Oct 27, 2010 Ali added it
I have read alot of the Peter Pan versions and i love peter pan and if you went to Crescent Park, You know why.
Farnoosh
I love the way Peter pan and Wendy treat each other, I wish they were older in order to completely love each other
Theresa
retelling of the movie with movie stills. a retelling of a Disney classic with images from the movie
D'Anne
I have nothing against Peter Pan, but I think it's silly to try to cram all of it into a Golden Book format.
Danny
The illlustrations were great. the underground lair of the lost boys and the mermaid lagoon.
Marts  (Thinker)
A great read for younger children, good introduction to the classics.
Jaime Contreras
My kids loved this ravorite tale, especially Tinkerbell.
Shakun
Hihi..this is my collection when I was a little girl
Tortla
Surprisingly faithful to the source material.
Amy
ok i guess.not one of my faves.
This book was a gift from Kathy Woulfe.
travelmel
what an amazing ride.... amazing.
Prashansa
2nd part is much better.
  • Cinderella: A Little Golden Book
  • Disney's Tarzan (A Read-Aloud Storybook)
  • Disney's Storybook Collection
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • Sleeping Beauty: a Little Golden Book (Disney Princess)
  • The Three Bears
Three Little Pigs Santa's Toy Shop (Little Golden Book) Mother Goose (Little Golden Book) Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland Walt Disney's Pinocchio (A Big Golden Book)