Start by marking “CISSP Certification All-in-One Exam Guide” as Want to Read:
CISSP Certification All-in-One Exam Guide

CISSP Certification All-in-One Exam Guide

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  271 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The Barnes & Noble Review
Statistics can be misleading, but last year, security professionals who earned (ISC)2 s CISSP certification reported earning an average $7,140 raise as a result. That s the second highest payback of 37 credentials studied by Certification magazine, and it reflects a first-year ROI of 7.9 to 1.

Over the past two years, CISSP has clearly emerged

Hardcover, Second Edition, 926 pages
Published June 23rd 2003 by McGraw-Hill/Osborne Media (first published December 26th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about CISSP Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CISSP Certification All-in-One Exam Guide

Epsilon
Nice and detailed review of all CISSP domains.
If you have previous knowledge in a certain area and you're familiar with the concepts you can get easily bored with the elaborate examples and probably will skip them.
I liked the overall presentation style.
The only annoying thing were the 'funny' remarks at the beginning of each topic.
Ben
Holy dull reading Batman. I'm a CISSP, and this was a good book to put yourself to sleep - even for a security nut like me.
Greg Parrott
LOONNNGGGGG! But the text was worth reading prior to taking the exam, which I luckily passed on the first try!
Jeniffer Mazariegos
Finally finished reading this book. I love Shon Harris.
Takobe
Passed on the first attempt :)
Franjessca
A lot of information in this book for CISSP. Maybe became I'm a computer geek, is the reason why I read it ALL and found it all very informative (and exciting…yup proud computer geek here). Thanks to the Navy for already teaching me some of the stuff that was in this book.

Looking forward to taking this certification exam, hopefully soon. =)
Hugh Meyer
Look, it did the job, right?
I passed the test, but did I really "finish" the book? Perhaps not... But am I done? Oh yes.
David
OK, Don't expect any reviews from me for awhile. I need to plow through this 1200 page technical manual. If I have any intriguing fiction in the house, it will only distract me from what I need to do.

Back in a couple months.....
David Downey
Truly covers how to think like the test; but won't help you at all if you are looking for test prep questions to memorize for the test. Trains you to think through the sometimes 3 to 4 tiered questions!
Dave Nelson
This is probably one of the most comprehensive study guides available. While you'll want a second or thrid resource to study with, this could (and should) be one of your main study tools.
Leslie
This book is packed with information. Highly recommend for anyone studying for the CISSP
Takedown
The most comprehensive security book period. Even if you don't plan to study for CISSP this book worth a look. Book cover all range of topics related to security.
Ibrahim Magdy
This book includes all information any CISSP needs , it exactly what CISSP a very wide areas of knowledge just enough information about security to grasp it
Stephen Hargrove
Much of the information in this book is either out-dated or wrong. It used to be the gold standard but is now ... I'm not sure what it is.
Frederick Bingham
This is the book we used for my MIS 534 Information Security Class. It is well-written and comprehensive.
j monty
Required reading for anyone pursuing the CISSP Certification. Also a good reference after the fact.
Robin
While I despised studying for the CISSP, this is undoubtedly the best tome for the job.
Dan Finley
Apr 25, 2007 Dan Finley marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Marc lets get certified. J.T. you have any interest in getting this cert?
Wm
The most useful study guide for the exam.
Tresuiri
I like author's writing style.
Tara
Mar 23, 2010 Tara is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
not a fun choice, but very interesting :)
Michael Dobe
Michael Dobe is currently reading it
May 24, 2015
VAJEERA BORKAR
VAJEERA BORKAR marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Marty Hoffmann
Marty Hoffmann is currently reading it
May 16, 2015
Kevin
Kevin added it
May 12, 2015
  • Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems
  • Security in Computing
  • Practical UNIX & Internet Security
  • Hacking: The Next Generation
  • The Practice of Network Security Monitoring: Understanding Incident Detection and Response
  • Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques (Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems)
  • Stealing the Network: The Complete Series Collector's Edition, Final Chapter, and DVD: The Complete Series (Stealing the Network)
  • File System Forensic Analysis
  • Practical Malware Analysis: The Hands-On Guide to Dissecting Malicious Software
  • Modern Database Management
  • Gray Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Reverse Engineers
  • The Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon
  • The Visible Ops Handbook: Starting ITIL in 4 Practical Steps
  • A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament & Other Early Christian Literature
  • Mastering Regular Expressions
  • The Art of Software Security Assessment: Identifying and Avoiding Software Vulnerabilities
  • Etiquette For Dummies
  • The Data Warehouse Toolkit: The Complete Guide to Dimensional Modeling

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
CISSP Certification All-in-One Exam Guide Gray Hat Hacking: The Ethical Hacker's Handbook CISSP Practice Exams Mike Meyers' CISSP Certification Passport CISSP Boxed Set (All-In-One)

“When using symmetric algorithms, the sender and receiver use the same key for encryption and decryption functions.” 1 likes
“A honeypot is a computer set up as a sacrificial lamb on the network. The system is not locked down and has open ports and services enabled. This is to entice a would-be attacker to this computer instead of attacking authentic production systems on a network.” 0 likes