Start by marking “I'm Sorry” as Want to Read:
I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  123 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Mercer Mayer tells complex stories with just the right amount of text and fun pictorials, making these books great for both reading aloud and for beginning readers to read alone.
Published December 1st 2000 by Golden Books (first published January 1995)

To ask other readers questions about I'm Sorry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Sorry

Jane
Oct 23, 2015 Jane rated it it was amazing
I'm Sorry by Gina and Mercer Mayer is about a little boy that says, "I'm Sorry," whenever he makes a mistake. Finally his mother tells him saying, "I'm Sorry, just isn't enough because you need to learn to be more careful. It is a good lesson for young children delivered in a cute story to teach responsibility.
Gianni Llano
I loved the lesson at the end. It was valuable to tell children that sometimes sorry isn't enough, and they just need to be more careful.
Rosa Cline
Jan 20, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Mercer Mayer Little Critter books are always a nice read. The illustrations are always fun for the little guys to look at while you are reading to them. In this book the wording is basic but not super basic. A beginning reader could probably eventually learn to read on their own but starting out would need a little help. Litte Critter is always saying "I'm sorry" for things he's done and eventually he learns that you can't just always say it, without learning to change your ways to back up what ...more
Ryan
Sep 24, 2008 Ryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I learned that accidents happens sometimes. You should try not to get your new shoes in the mud or your new shoes will get all dirty. Accidents happen when sometimes you turn the tv up too loud and you forgot to ask mommy if it's ok. And that's all I learned.
Tasia
You know, as I read, I said to myself, "Wow this kid just needs to be more careful. He says he's sorry, but just keeps doing whatever he wants." And then the ending happened: sometimes "sorry" isn't good enough and you just need to be more careful. Goooood lesson.
Adrienne
Jan 25, 2015 Adrienne rated it really liked it
I like how Little Critter learns to apologize, acknowledges that sometimes he isn't sorry, and learns that sometimes you have to do better than just apologize. Very true to children's (and sometimes adults') behavior.
Lajune Neal
Jun 22, 2011 Lajune Neal rated it really liked it
Shelves: family
This is an absolute adorable story! This is a great family book and is also good to read to children who do things and believe that everything is okay if they just say they are sorry all the time.
Michelle Carter
May 01, 2010 Michelle Carter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes saying "I'm sorry" isn't enough, especially if you don't mean it or you keep doing the same thing over and over. Our little friend learns that actions speak louder than words.
Eva Leger
Oct 01, 2010 Eva Leger rated it liked it
Shelves: julias-books
One of the better books in my opinion. Julia really liked this one too. Sometimes the Critter books get a little old for me but this one I can always read with no problem.
Theresa
Aug 14, 2011 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: review
a cute story with a cute idea, using the stories of his daily life to teach children.
Holliann
Mar 19, 2008 Holliann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
This is great for little kids. Especially 2 year olds!
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Robert Rickenbrode
Robert Rickenbrode marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Jennifer Heise
Jennifer Heise rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Maggie
Maggie added it
Jan 24, 2016
Aaliyah Hopkins
Aaliyah Hopkins rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Tisa
Tisa added it
Jan 23, 2016
Rajani LaRocca
Rajani LaRocca rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jan 21, 2016
Lucy
Lucy added it
Jan 17, 2016
Sarah Scanlon
Sarah Scanlon marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Janell Black Brown
Janell Black Brown marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Ginger
Ginger rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Jackie Bacher
Jackie Bacher rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Amie
Amie rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany is currently reading it
Nov 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Just My Friend and Me (Little Critter)
  • Clifford and the Grouchy Neighbors
  • Curious Critters
  • Curious George and the Pizza
  • No Matter What
  • The Three Little Fish And The Big Bad Shark
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Excuse Note (First Time Books)
  • Yoko