Start by marking “Dear Sister (Sweet Valley High, #7)” as Want to Read:
Dear Sister (Sweet Valley High, #7)

Dear Sister (Sweet Valley High #7)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  1,522 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Sweet Valley is stunned by the news: Beautiful young Elizabeth Wakefield lies in a coma, on the brink of death after a horrible motorcycle accident.Elizabeth's boyfriend Todd is consumed by guilt; he was driving and escaped unharmed. He feels totally helpless. All he can do is wait for a change in Elizabeth's condition--a change that might mean the loss of the only girl he ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 160 pages
Published November 1st 1984 by Bantam Books

To ask other readers questions about Dear Sister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Sister

Charlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettWhere the Red Fern Grows by Wilson RawlsLittle House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
My Favorite Childhood books
319th out of 451 books — 311 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingAlien Species Intervention Books 1-3 by J.K. AccinniBaby by J.K. AccinniTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Best Series Books
354th out of 815 books — 721 voters

More lists with this book...

Amanda
This was literally one of my favorite books growing up.
It starts out with Elizabeth Wakefield glamorously coma-struck following a motorcycle accident. I was probably 10 when I read this book, and OH MY GOD how I wanted to be in a coma. My in-depth medical knowledge told me that it was like sleeping, but with all kinds of dramatics like hospitals and doctors and stuff. Also, when you wake up and start acting just like your identical twin sister – and polar opposite – Jessica, no one really blink
Ainsley
Let me give you a brief rundown. Dear Sister begins with Elizabeth in a coma following a motorcycle accident with Todd. When she finally wakes up, her personality has completely changed! She's suddenly acting like Jessica, forcing Jessica into the Elizabeth role. It's crazy. A lot of stuff happens in the middle, including Elizabeth dressing in skanky Jessica clothes and Jessica dressing in staid Elizabeth clothes. Then, at the Patman mansion, the story comes to a climax. First, Bruce Patman touc ...more
faeriemyst
Warning: This is more book report than review but I just couldn't help myself. :P

In a fit of nostalgia I decided to pick up a Sweet Valley High book. I used to read these nonstop starting when I was eleven or so. Part of the reason I decided to read this particular one is of a supposedly risque scene between Liz and Bruce Patman, and even though I know I had read this exact book before, I had no recollection of this event.

So even though this is really an immediate sequel to number six in the ser
Mari
Orginal recap for the Snark Squad here.

I've taken to consistently rating these books two stars but THIS BOOK HAS A COMA. GUYS. A COMA.

Clearly this elevates its star level to fabulous, which isn't actually a choice, so we'll stick with two stars.

In book #6, Elizabeth breaks her parents' "no riding motorcycles ever" rule and takes a ride on the idiotic side. Naturally, about one second after she hops on sans helmet on, her and Todd get run down by a drunk driver.

We open book #7 with Jessica c
Melanie
(This was the first SVH book I ever read, when I was twelve or so, and managed to conceal it in a pile of other non-scandalous books from the Mid-Continent Public Library.)

Elizabeth wakes up from her devastating coma and is good to go, despite a traumatic brain injury and a tingly vagina. She dumps all her responsibilities on Jessica while trying to alleviate the tingle, engaging in all the activities you'd expect a horny teenage girl to do except have ess-ee-ecks. Everyone in town is either too
There's good news and bad news...

The good news: Lovely Liz is no longer in that pesky coma that was caused by a single act of disobedience. (She rode on the back of boyfriend Todd's motorcycle of death against her parents' explicit wishes.)

The bad news: Liz has experienced a dramatic personality switcheroo, becoming more like her slutty twin Jessica.

In fact, Liz "out-Jessica's" Jessica. She dumps steadfast beau Todd Wilkins, goes on a boyfriend-stealing rampage, publishes false gossip and plagia
Alicia
The quintessential Sweet Valley High novel. In a stunning move by writer Francine Pascal, Elizabeth Wakefield comes out of her coma and takes on the personality of self-absorbed (slutty) twin Jessica. Liz even goes so far as to let Bruce Patman touch her boob before she falls off the bed, hits her head on the corner of the table, and regains her old sensible self. What a relief!
I wasn't allowed to read the Sweet Valley High books so I think I did a lot of sneaking around with this one!
Jenny Zhang
Apr 04, 2007 Jenny Zhang rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: a horny fourth grader, aka ME in 1991
This book is my wet dream described in amazing platitudes.

SPOILER: Bruce, the arrogant, wealthy boy with hair in his eyes gets to 'lightly graze' Elizabeth's boob!
Annie Abbondante
We used to sneak into the back of the library to read this book when I was like 8 because it says "breast" in one random part. haha.
Cassidy Harrison
i thought the book was great i got hooked instantly READ I TELL YOU! READ!!!!!
Nerija
Elizabeth wakes up from a coma after disobeying her parents and riding a motorcycle with her boyfriend, and of course getting in an accident. Jessica is so relieved to have her sister back, but something seems off about Liz…

(view spoiler)
Meera Nair
Identical twins – Jessica and Elizabeth. Both as individualistic as characters of a book ought to be. Where Jessica is the hot shot cheerleader material, Elizabeth is the shy nerd who aces all tests. Due to an unfortunate incident, Elizabeth falls into coma. Now Jessica can’t help but feel guilty, as she repeatedly blames herself for her sister’s condition.Day after day she sits by her sister’s bed wishing for her betterment. Hoping that she would soon wake up from this unconscious state.
Elizabe
Lisa
Apr 27, 2014 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
3 stars for the funny factor. A head injury that causes a personality change. One good whack to the head and a person is back to normal. No damage done.
Reading with Cats
Bwahahaha...what the hell does "dish out applesauce" mean? Oh Mr. Collins you're just too cool for school. This one features a creepy, leering neurosurgeon, too.
Andrea
I'm like, 85% sure I read this.
Amy
Arthur read this to me. Here are some of the character voices he used:

Bill Chase: Spongebob Squarepants
Todd Wilkins: French stereotype

I laughed so hard!!
Sarah B
yyyasmin
What can I say? Sweet Valley is Sweet Valley. It's so bad, so corny that it's good. But in this one, the tables have turned and now Jessica has to take care of the crap Liz has left behind in the wake of her post-accident-personality-change (er, or whatever term you call it). Kudos for you Liz for acting irresponsible for once (but we may never see this again in other books)
Rachel
Nancy sent me this, so I read it--it's the first Sweet Valley High book I've ever read. (When I was the right age for them, I thought they were too dirty for me. In my defense, there was a little over-shirt second-base action in this one.) It's roughly as stupid as I would have imagined. I'm pretty disappointed there were no hair-pulling fights.
Kathryn
Book seven in the long-running Sweet Valley High series is one of the more memorable books in the series and rumoured to be the basis for the upcoming Sweet Valley High musical. In this instalment goody-goody Elizabeth Wakefield wakes from her coma and undergoes a major personality change, becoming badder than her twin sister Jessica.
Juliana
This book was awesome when I was eight. I wasn't totally allowed to read SVH because they were a little bit naughty, but I found ways. I don't remember many details about other Sweet Valley High books, but Dear Sister really stuck with me. It also made me want to ride a motorcycle just so I could wear a hot-pink helmet.
Moppet
Jan 06, 2010 Moppet rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Misti Rainwater-Lites
hot little one hand read, if you're fourteen...this book helped launch my career as a chronic masturbator/love addict (I wanted to grow up to be Jessica...or Elizabeth as Jessica, even better)...the main flaw is, Elizabeth as Jessica should have let Bruce Patman pop her cherry...not sure why that didn't take place
Tracy
After Elizabeth gets into an accident on Todd's motorcycle she awakens from a coma acting more like Jessica than Jessica ever has! It's up to Jessica to be the responsible one and try to get to the bottom of Elizabeth's dramatic personality change b/c it appears her parents haven't noticed.
Ruthie Jones
I read the first twelve in the Sweet Valley High series along with a cousin who was a preteen at the time - so we could talk about them together. Even though I was past my teenage years when I read these books, I had a lot of fun reading them. Very entertaining.
Puja
by far my favorite SVH book... i always had a big crush on elizabeth... and when she goes into a coma, my heart stopped as a little adolescent. oh, and i remember that they used the word 'breast' in this one. i re-read that word over and over again at night....*
Jodi
Oh my goodness Liz has turned into a even worse version of Jessica. She has turned away from Todd and was driving a motorcycle. What will Jessica do. Liz is flirting more then Jessica ever did and now Jessica has to be responsible and do all the work.
Madison

In this book Elizabeth starts acting like Jessica intill she hits her head in Bruce Patmans house.Bruce try's to take advantage of her.But she gets away and runs to Todd.I loved this book and can't wait to read the next one.
Emily
This sweet valley book has a little twist to it. Elizabeth has woken up from her coma and she is acting like Jessica. So Jessica takes over for Elizabeth against her own will. When will Elizabeth realize who she is?
  • Little Miss Stoneybrook... and Dawn (The Baby-Sitters Club, #15)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more
More about Francine Pascal...
Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins, #1) Double Love (Sweet Valley High, #1) Fearless (Fearless, #1) Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later Secrets (Sweet Valley High, #2)

“Roger Collins wasn’t the most popular teacher at school only because he was interesting in class. In fact, most of the girls would have loved a little after-class attention from this teacher.” 2 likes
“She’ll probably have all the work made up and a dozen stories written for The Oracle before I finish that one stupid book report on Moby Dick. I mean, Todd, who really cares about whales?'

Todd did, but he let the comment slide by.”
1 likes