Superfoods: Nutrient-Dense Foods to Protect Your Health

Superfoods: Nutrient-Dense Foods to Protect Your Health

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (including dust cover, if applicable). The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include "From the library of" labels.Some of our books may have slightly worn corners, and minor creases to the covers. Plea...more
Published June 1st 2006 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published October 25th 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Superfoods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superfoods

Apr 28, 2014 Sarah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
Great food photography in this book. Doesn't that kiwi look amazing, even if I've got my hand deep inside the potato chip bag? I liked the beginning section, which details the benefits and folklore of each type of food. The ending section gives you some sobering lectures on eating bad food. It was the middle part with the recipes that have never seemed too appetizing to me.
Kellea
Dec 07, 2012 Kellea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cooks, health food enthusiasts, fitness instructors, foodies
As for visually pleasing, this book is chock full if beautiful, vibrant photos of all of the super foods it recommends that we add to our diets. However, I didn't appreciate the layout of the book and it was a bit unorganized to me. Otherwise, it's a great colorful resource.
Kristen
Photography reigns supreme using an entire page to capture the beauty of each super food. The page to follow entails a full description of the essentials in each item. The close-up imagery enhances the food in a way that helps the reader remember important health factors.
Refreshingly hype-free assessment of the nutritional content of some of the most common and healthful foods. Includes recipes and reference as to which foods are most effective in treating common ailments.
Anne
A fascinating read without anything 'odd'. Enough to change what one puts into the shopping basket.
Kim
May 30, 2010 Kim is currently reading it
This is very interesting and useful. I never knew how important good nutrition really is. Fruits, veggies, beans, and wholegrains are nutrition power houses! I really want to change my habits and share some of this info with my dad. He says fruit tastes good to him, but the chemo makes everything else taste like "wet cardboard."
Emily Lebo
Emily Lebo marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Nickel
Nickel marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
Marina Islas
Marina Islas marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Steve Dorrington
Steve Dorrington is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2012
Andreina
Andreina marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2012
Natalia Lizon
Natalia Lizon marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2012
Kelly
Kelly added it
Aug 22, 2011
Fran B
Fran B added it
Mar 25, 2011
Michael van Straten is an osteopath, naturopath, acupuncturist and nutritional consultant. He’s also one of the UK’s most respected medical authors, broadcasters and journalists and has written more than 40 books, which have sold over a million copies worldwide.

A pioneer of modern complementary medicine, Michael has cared for an amazing list of royalty, stage, film and TV Stars; Pop and Classical...more
More about Michael van Straten...
The Complete Superfoods Cookbook: Dishes and Drinks for Energy, Detoxing and Healing The Little Black Dress Diet Superfoods for Children Organic Living Superjuice: Juicing for Health and Healing