Start by marking “Chicken Soup Stories for a Better World (Chicken Soup for the Soul)” as Want to Read:
Chicken Soup Stories for a Better World (Chicken Soup for the Soul)

Chicken Soup Stories for a Better World (Chicken Soup for the Soul)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  10 reviews

Do you believe that a story can change your life? That it can inspire you to be more happy, more confident and more caring? That it can lift your mood, clear your head and give you perspective? Now what about 101 of the most uplifting stories you've ever read about people reaching out, stepping up and transforming their lives and the world around them?

At Chicken Soup for

Published August 23rd 2005 by HCI

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup Stories for a Better World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup Stories for a Better World

Catherine
Chicken Soup books are so inspirational and thought-provoking, and this one is no exception. Just reading all these TRUE stories makes me want to really make a difference, change the world.

Here are just two of the quotes I really liked :)

From pg. 135
"We could all learn a lot from crayons: Some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and all are different colors...but they all have to learn to live in the same box." -Andy Rooney

Pg. 349
"An eye for an eye would make the wh
Jazmine
Oct 18, 2008 Jazmine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those seeking inspiration to make the world a better place
Recommended to Jazmine by: I found it in reading class's library
Chicken soup included 101 inspirational stories of people doing their part to make the world a better place. In some stories people make foundation in honor of a deceased love one, like in Awakening of the Soul, the man’s brother dies when his flight was hijacked and crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11. The brother loved to work with children, so to heal his soul he created the Robert Speisman Memorial Basketball Foundation which lets underprivileged kids play on “Speis” sports teams in honor of h ...more
Jasmine
For one, it's a Chicken Soup for the Soul book.. of course it's going to get a five star rating. But for this one in particular, the ratings go through the roof, I couldn't go past five... it wouldn't let me :)

I think, for me, the stories in this book touch me on a deeper level than some of the others. Mainly because of my undeniable need to help people. I cannot stand to see hunger, poverty, abuse, neglect,. etc.. etc.. and NOT do anything about it. However, after reading a lot of the stories
Hana
By far the most inspirational book I have ever read. Every chapter real warms your heart and makes you want to do something good for the world too! Touching stories thats heart melting passionate and full of emotions, highly recommended book! * My favortie story in the book was Bottle of Joy.
Karin
Renews my belief in the goodness of most of humanity. Sometimes we are told only about all the troubles in the world. This book reminds me that people are also working on solutions- both in the private realm of one's own spirit and in the public arenas of war-torn or impoverished societies.
Yuki0luv
Chicken Soup's make the best inspirational book: a collection of life-changing stories that you can pick up any time for a quick read. The authors do a great job at gathering these stories and making them available so that anybody can be inspired by them.
Maya20
Mar 06, 2011 Maya20 added it
Shelves: term-2
i liked the idea of everyone sharing their stories on how to make the world a better place.
Rebecca
Enjoy the feel good series, liked this one but it seemed a little preachy on pacifism.
Menna Abdel-bassir
Can not beleived those stories , realy it will be a better world
Pixismiler
Love Chicken Soup.
Crystal R.
Crystal R. marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Divina
Divina added it
Mar 16, 2015
Pouya
Pouya marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Joanie Gonsalves
Joanie Gonsalves marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Katelyn
Katelyn marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Susan Lin
Susan Lin marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
maelynie
maelynie marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Will Clarke
Will Clarke marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Toro
Toro marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
  • Ten Letters: The Stories Americans Tell Their President
  • Bodies out of Bounds: Fatness and Transgression
  • The Dog Next Door: And Other Stories of the Dogs We Love
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Stress: Manage Your Problems, Big and Small, Every Day
  • The Intellectual Devotional Biographies: Revive Your Mind, Complete Your Education, and Acquaint Yourself with the World's Greatest Personalities
  • Madame Bovary's Ovaries: A Darwinian Look at Literature
  • The Amazing Book of Useless Information: More Things You Didn't Need to Know But Are About to Find Out
  • The Christmas Doll
  • Viva la Repartee: Clever Comebacks and Witty Retorts from History's Great Wits and Wordsmiths
  • If I'd Known Then: Women in their 20s and 30s Write Letters to Their Younger Selves
  • The Fat Studies Reader
  • Twenty-five Books That Shaped America: How White Whales, Green Lights, and Restless Spirits Forged Our National Identity
  • The 101 Most Influential People Who Never Lived
  • A Memory, a Monologue, a Rant, and a Prayer: Writings to Stop Violence Against Women and girls
  • What Can(t) Wait
  • How To Make A Bird
  • The Whale Warriors: The Battle at the Bottom of the World to Save the Planet's Largest Mammals
  • The Wisdom of Harry Potter: What Our Favorite Hero Teaches Us About Moral Choices

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)