Pumpkin, a Super Food for All 12 Months of the Year

Pumpkin, a Super Food for All 12 Months of the Year

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Pumpkin pie is just the beginning! These 125 recipes celebrate the varied ways that pumpkin can be used in everything from appetizers and snacks to soups, salads, main courses, side dishes, and desserts. You'll love every single one of Dee Dee Stovel's innovative creations, including Caribbean Black Bean Pumpkin Soup; Pumpkin Sage Risotto; Spring Spinach Salad with Strawbe...more
Published August 1st 2005 by Storey Publishing, LLC

Be the first to ask a question about Pumpkin, a Super Food for All 12 Months of the Year

AF
Jan 10, 2009 AF rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of pumpkin
Shelves: cookbooks
I've not yet made any recipes from this book. After having checked this out from the library, I will be buying my own copy and experimenting with this lovely autumnal delight. Recipes seem reasonable and work with both fresh and canned pumpkin. Roasting/baking methods are shown and recipes in general are varied--this is NOT just a million recipes for pie and bread.
Marina
The chocolate chip pumpkin bread is awesome (I made muffins) and I've made some others. Long live the versitile pumpkin (at least the good eating ones--not the tasteless jack o'lantern ones).
Jen
Love, love, love this cookbook! I'm so glad I now have creative ways to get more pumpkin into our meals/snacks all year round!
Jenny Combs
Pumpkin all year? Count me in! Very unique and different recipes. Not just your typical pumpkin bread recipes.
Linda
Too bad I'm off pumpkin the last couple of years.........I liked most of the recipes in this book!
Erika
Decent ideas but nothing new really. I just love pumpkin. Pumpkin everything.
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Denise
Denise added it
Feb 22, 2014
Silvia-otilia Mihalcea
Silvia-otilia Mihalcea marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2013
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Patrick De meersman
Patrick De meersman marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Katie
Katie added it
Jun 07, 2013
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2012
Carol
Carol added it
Sep 13, 2012
Picnic: 125 Recipes with 29 Seasonal Menus Let's Get Together: Simple Recipes for Gatherings With Friends