Twas the Bite Before Christmas (Jack and Jamie #4)

Twas the Bite Before Christmas (Jack and Jamie #4)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The maid for a wealthy couple who lives in a mansion along the Maine coast, is found dead at the bottom of the main staircase a few weeks before Christmas. The couple claims that the maid's ex-boyfriend ran out of the house just as they arrived home, but there are no footprints in the snow, and the guard at the front gate didn't see anyone leaving the property. Jack and hi...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about Twas the Bite Before Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twas the Bite Before Christmas

Chi Dubinski
Ex-cop Jack Field now trains dogs in Maine and is engaged to medical examiner Dr. Jamie Cutter. When a maid is found murdered in a house owned by a wealthy, mysterious couple, suspects abound. Local police are inclined to call it an accident, but Jack is suspicious. The couple is uncooperative, they have a chauffeur whose eastern European accent comes and goes, and a houseguest who appears without warning and claims to speak to the dead. The plot is overly complicated, and several subplots could...more
Susan Malone
Great mystery full of dogs and dog training tips. Though the setting is Christmas, the events could have happened at any time of year. Enjoyed getting to know main characters Jack and Jaime and how Jack uses his background as a former cop now dog trainer to figure it all out along with Jaime's expertise as a medical examiner.
Yvonne
Excellent book. Dogs and a mystery combined in a delightful manner. My vocabulary has also been expanded - who would have thought Mormons could be so creative with swear words. Scrud and facackta this is not (you'll need to read the book!) I'll definitely be reading more of his work.
These books/this series by Lee Charles Kelley is right up there with Robert Parker! I love the police procedures--just enough not to be techically boring and just enough to be "not quit a cozy". Only 2 more books to read in this series, I'll be sad when it's finished.
Merelyn
the author is a dog trainer, so he drops hints in the book about how to help your dog. The story is a "cozy" but set in USA, & is funny & easy reading. It is a Christmas story too, which I like to read during the holidays when things get frantic ! !
Kristen
This is another great Lee Charles Kelley. It has plenty of suspense and twists and turns in the Jack Field series. Only this was Christmas themed. Plenty of drama and good tension. A good read at any season.
Lea
Not my usual type of book, but have found it surprisingly enjoyable. It's a fun, easy read and I found myself snorting out loud with laughter at times.
Ldumovichyahoo.com
loved it I picked it up off a disgarded cart at my library. Now to find more.
Lora
I really enjoy all of his novels. I hope he will write more mysteries soon.
Mary Lechner
The dog training typs are interesting and useful for certain pets of mine.
Pam
Jan 10, 2008 Pam marked it as to-read
Shelves: mystery
01/10/08 rec via bookmooch
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
BethAnne
BethAnne marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Douglas Carter
Douglas Carter marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Nancy H
Nancy H marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I'm a dog trainer, songwriter, voiceover actor, and bestselling mystery novelist* living in New York City. I've been using Natural Dog Training techniques since 1992. I write words and music, mostly for Sinatra-style songs and have a few minor songwriting credits (very minor, I'm afraid) including the libretto for a full-length musical comedy. I've been doing voice work since I was 17 (I'm now in...more
More about Lee Charles Kelley...
A Nose for Murder (Jack and Jamie #1) Dogged Pursuit (Jack and Jamie #5) Like a Dog With a Bone (Jack and Jamie #6) To Collar a Killer (Jack and Jamie #3) Murder Unleashed (Jack and Jamie #2)