Start by marking “The Pregnancy Instruction Manual: Essential Information, Troubleshooting Tips, and Advice for Parents-to-Be” as Want to Read:

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  82 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
At last! A comprehensive guide to worry-free pregnancy!

Bringing a baby into the world is one of life’s defining moments. But there’s no getting around it: Being pregnant can feel overwhelming.

Fortunately, The Pregnancy Instruction Manual is here to answer all of your most pressing questions. Will the morning sickness ever go away? How big is my baby at 26 weeks? Are be
Published June 1st 2008 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about The Pregnancy Instruction Manual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pregnancy Instruction Manual

Danielle
Oct 06, 2009 Danielle rated it really liked it
Wish I would have STARTED with this pregnancy book. It contains everything that I've gleaned from about 20 different books and my doctor, all in a nice little package.

It's a great introduction that gets into the nasty stuff you don't want to hear about, and you can easily take any follow-up questions and either ask your doctor or get a more in-depth book. What I also found particularly great about this book is that it doesn't seem to take sides on the natural vs. medicated birth topic - it prese
Kelli Oliver George
In short, I would classify this as a Fun Read. It is a small, compact book chock full of useful information and is filled with quirky illustrations. The overall structure of the book is similar to that of an instruction manual, even down to the diagrams of various situations (e.g. an emergency delivery, packing the hospital bag, food cravings, and "signs of child delivery initialization".) My favorite diagrams were "Coitus Interruptus" and the hilarious comparison of "Real Baby vs. TV Baby".

Whil
Leah K
Nov 15, 2012 Leah K rated it really liked it
The Pregnancy Instruction Manual: Essential Information, Troubleshooting Tips, and Advice for Parents-to-Be by Sarah Jordan

When I found out I was pregnant I went crazy in finding books about pregnancy and delved right in. While many of these books provide a lot of good, in-depth, information, I quickly became overwhelmed. So I finally chose to pick up this little book. I’ve read other books in this series and I’ve always found them informative (although not in-depth) but also funny. Luckily this
Ashley
Dec 02, 2010 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
What I liked best about this guide was the many easy-to-follow lists, like what to pack for the hospital and what you need to have purchased before the baby gets here. There are guides and lists for every stage of the pregnancy through when you bring the baby home. What I don't like is that these guides, so far, all seem so sexist. This one had a section on what the father would be feeling that included "revulsion over the pregnant body," "neglect," and "increasing concerns about finances." Who ...more
Elizabeth
May 31, 2016 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Recommended by a dear friend, this is one of my favorite books on pregnancy. Concise and full of infographics...this is a great suggestion for parents-to-be.
Alexis
Jul 30, 2016 Alexis rated it it was amazing
Love the illustrations. Very informative and clever. I am so happy I found this book!
Jenn
Apr 27, 2014 Jenn rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Lots of helpful information without being condescending.
Ilzele
Nov 09, 2013 Ilzele rated it it was amazing
The best book to start with - it has all the important information in a beautifully condensed form that includes tips, lists, and awesomely drawn figures that no proper instruction manual could do without. Whenever I have a question this is the first book that I turn to as I know that I'll find what I need without being overwhelmed and it's a fun read.
Sandra
Oct 30, 2013 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gostei imenso deste livro, que está repleto de dicas preciosas e de informações que auxliam bastante nesta fase. A forma como está organizado, bem como as imagens apresentadas, instiga a uma leitura interessada desde a primeira página. Aconselho vivamente!!! :-)
Apr 04, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
What a quick and informative read! I knocked it out in just a few hours but I feel like this book covered most, of not all, the material from the other books I'm reading.
Ryan
Feb 15, 2009 Ryan rated it liked it
i totally admit that i bought this book simply because it's cute. it's definitely not the book you want to rely on through a pregnancy but i liked having it by my bedside.
Kim
Nov 19, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Leuk, handzaam boek. Lekker nuchtere kijk op de zwangerschap, niet zweverig of vaag. Heeft ook handige en leuke tips voor mannen.
Lori
Oct 20, 2009 Lori rated it it was ok
Shelves: pregnancy
Not bad, but not great. Very basic information, quick read, and had some good sections for dads...if you could get them to read it!
Doula Elle
Take this with a grain of salt, but dads-to-be tend to like it. Bit of humour, but still informative.
Patricia
Jul 17, 2011 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! The whole user manual approach the author employed is both hilarious and useful.
Niki
Feb 28, 2010 Niki rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hilarious! I read it in about an hour. Really funny and creative.
Justin
Aug 10, 2010 Justin rated it really liked it
Cute and to the point. We feel much better. On to the next project.
Yeliz
Yeliz rated it it was ok
Jul 31, 2016
Sofia
Sofia is currently reading it
Jul 25, 2016
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Micha
Micha marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Shay
Shay marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Eliška Vyhnánková
Eliška Vyhnánková rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Raquel Coelho
Raquel Coelho marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
celia
celia rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
Janelle Fletcher
Janelle Fletcher rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2016
Tessa Thomas
Tessa Thomas rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2016
J.K. Turner
J.K. Turner rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Aaron Dove
Aaron Dove is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2016