Primal Heat (Includes: Breeds, #10; Devlin Dynasty, #1; Moon Lust #1)

Primal Heat (Breeds #10 Anthology)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  2,370 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Moonlust By Sherri L King
Book 1 in the series Moonlust.
During Brianna's trip to the Ural Mountains of Russia, a life-threatening accident places her at the mercy of a strange, reclusive man. A man whose secrets and unquenchable hunger will change her life forever...

Lunewulf - Pack Law By Lorie O'Clare
Book 1 of the Lunewulf series
Pack law states every female shall have...more
Trade Paperback, 190 pages
Published May 1st 2004 by Ellora's Cave

Fighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsTaunting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsLover Awakened by J.R. WardA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeLover Eternal by J.R. Ward
Best Adult Paranormal Books
262nd out of 547 books — 436 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuirePerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeDevil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
Bad boys meet the virgins
382nd out of 673 books — 1,514 voters

More lists with this book...

Mojca
Ugh.

Judging by Lora Leigh's contribution (for her Breed series) I would never have thought this anthology could be bad, but I stood corrected yesterday when I read the other three stories and remained stock still in my comfy chair, staring at the pages with a disgusted/confused frown on my face.

Let's start at the beginning.

Sherri L. King's Moon Lust was amateurish in tone, style, and use of the language. The end result: the story was so boring and "frigid" I couldn't wait for it to end.

Lori O'C...more
Kaleigha
The only reason this got even two stars was for Lora Leigh's entry. If not for that, it would have been -5. Ick.

Sherri L. King's Moon Lust was ok, a very interesting set up, but then fell flat. Not bad, but nothing special.

Lorie O'Clare had a completely dreadful, stupid, and quite insulting entry with Lunewolf: Pack Law. I actually read the whole thing, thinking the entire time how horrid it was. And each new page proved me right.

Jaci Burton's story, Devlin Dynasty, did nothing for me, and I en...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
1. Sherri L. King's story was so stupid. Sorry. Girl halls down a mountain in Russia, falls for a guy in a cabin who helps her, has lots of sex. Mated, the end. OOOOOkkkk! No spoilers, don't tell me you didn't see that coming. Names aren't even important. Corny sex stuff. 40 pgs

2. Lori O'Clare - GOOD GOD! I laughed my a** off. All it is is a short story of a werewolf girl who has to be mated to 3 men, because her grandma said. I wish my grandma was that cool! LOL! anyway, her main dude decides s...more
Rhapsody
I only read Lora Leigh's story Wolfe's Hope. My first exposure to Leigh. I was actually impressed, I'm not into erotica really but she's a great writer. This one was short and pretty cut and dry. Wolfe was created in a lab with human and wolf DNA. The evil scientist who created him gave him her daughter because she wants to study his progeny. He marked hope as his mate, but never made love to her. Eventually, he escaped the lab. Six years later, he comes looking for hope because he thinks that s...more
Cindy
Good read. Contains several short stories linked to series:

Moonlust By Sherri L King Book 1 in the Moonlust series
Pack Law By Lorie O'Clare Book 1 of the Lunewulf series
Running Mate By Jaci Burton Book 1 in the Devlin Dynasty series
Wolfe's Hope By Lora Leigh Book 1 in the series Wolf Breeds
Julie
didn't like this one as much as other breeds stories -it was extremely short, even for an anthology and Wolfe was pretty much a dick for most it. Big fan of breed stories but could have past this one up, and I hate saying that...
Dina
Read:
- 'Wolfe´s Hope' by Lora Leigh (3 stars)

Did Not Finish:
- 'Moonlust' by Sherri L. King
- 'Running Mate' by Jaci Burton

Avoid:
- 'Pack Law' by Lorie O´Clare (ménage)
Carolyn F.
Anthology.

1. Moon Lust by Sherri L. King. Brianna's uncle dies and makes her promise to see Russia because he was never able to go back home. Well, she goes on a tour of an old growth forest, gets lost, falls and is rescued by a Russian werewolf. Now they have to see if she is able to handle who/what he is. Very sweet story.

2. Lunewulf: Pack Law by Lorie O'Clare. Sophie has 3 mates chosen for her including Nik who she has always had a crush on since High School. Nik mates with her first becomin...more
Caitlin
"Wolfe's Hope" by Lora Leigh is the 10th book in her Breeds story. It is a short story that starts when Hope is 17 and forced to mate with Wolfe by her bitch evil mother. The lab was set on fire and Hope was lead to believe Wolfe was dead so for 6 years she lived in a hell of grief and arousal, but when Wolfe shows up he is furious with her and she doesn't know why.

"Moon Lust" by Sherri L. King is about an American tourist who is in the forest of Russia who ends up injured. Her rescuer is a Ivan...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Moon Lust: 2 Stars. This is a very short read. The relationship with Ivan & Brianna went from wounded gal from the woods to life mate. It just seemed to be a short story full of whole lotta random sex.

Pack Law: 2 Stars. This story involves a very young female named Sophie. She finally receives word of who her three mates will be and cannot wait to sleep with all of them. The language was a bit bothersome. The lack of the pursuit of a relationship was irritating. She just seemed very childis...more
Lorraine Lesar
Disappointed in the Lora Leigh's Breeds story, but loved the rest. I bought this book purely for Hope's and Wolfe's story, as this being the start of the Wolf Breed series, and I wanted to see how the Wolf Breeds came out of the labs and survived and obviously how Hope and Wolfe "got together". I realised that this was a short story and it did indeed fill in some of the gaps but not all and with Hope being tied to a bed for 90% of this story, it left me wanting a lot more and Lora could have don...more
Lani
This was not a great book.
Four stories in one book and the first two were really bad.

Moon Lust was about an overweight unattractive woman who gets rescued/kidnapped by a Psychopath wolf with a thick Russian accent. It makes it seem that she stays with him because she can't do any worse.

Pack Law was immature in both dialoge and plot.

Running Mate I didn't mind, it was so much better than the first two. But the whole turning into a dog thing and having "pups" doesn't do much for me.

The forth is th...more
Evelyn I
I only read Lora Leigh's short story from this anthology.
Shanine Bates
I love all the breeds lora leigh can write.
Linda
This review is for Lora Leigh's "Breed" story "Wolfe's Hope". I have read every one of the "Breed" books and have reread a lot of them but not this one. I didn't like this story at all. But that's JMHO! I know others that liked it but I ain't one of them.. All I could think was I wanted to hit Wolfe upside the head more than once and wanted Hope would grow a "backbone".

I have not read the other stories in this book but only because they are both part of series by the authors and I haven't read t...more
Kathy Davie
Jaci Burton's Devlin Dynasty: Running Mate was good!!! I want to read more!

Sherri King's Moon Lust was unimpressive.

Lora Leigh's Wolfe's Hope (Breeds, 10) was very disappointing. I can't believe I waited three months to get this book...

Lorie O'Clare's Pack Law (Lunewolf, ?) had lots of sex, but the writing is too primitive, simplistic...

Bridget
First story was very short (by Sherri L. King) with an interesting version of shifters. i would read her again. Rest of the book was rather dull. I only read these anthologies to test different authors, but the stories are usually not very satisfying, being crammed into such short reads. Wolfe's Hope by Lora Leigh is one of the Breeds, which is a series I do enjoy.
Michelle
I wasn't bowled over by any of these stories. The LL story was a necessary read to continue the Breeds series, but the whole story was about Wolfe using sex and dominance to get Hope to admit she betrayed him. I didn't find any romance in it at all. The other three stories were about the same, and I pretty much skimmed them.
Nancy
A great erotic read with lots of really good stort stories. Don't expect to we wowed by the stories cause it's really just sex, sex and more sex. My favourite was Jaci Burton's story despite one scene that was a bit on the weird side. It was a quick fun read but look elesewhere if you want romance with your erotica.
melissa
Probably a 2 1/2. I know being short stories they had to focus on the steamy steamy, but some more plot would have been nice. Also, I'm probably showing a bit of my vanilla side, but it would have been nice had just 1 of the stories not involved anal. Perhaps the cover could have showed the guy's ass as a heads up.
Erin Robbins
Four short stories labeled as "romantica" I found myself wondering where the romance was. I understand short stories are often lacking in the build up and character development, but some of these left me wondering how you can claim romance when you are sharing you love with other men or worse using sex as torture.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
All in all this was an interesting anthology. Even though the 1st story (the Russian mountains 3) wasn't up to my liking, this book averaged to be a 4. That's because the last 2 stories were like 5's to me. The 2nd story (pack law requiring females to mate w/3 males 3.5) was better the 1st, slightly.
Silkeeeeee
I have read all of this series to date and only found a couple less than excellent. Very, hot sex!
Jean
This was a great, fun, quick read. I enjoyed each of the stories - they were exciting, sexy and engaging! I have enjoyed Jaci Burton and Lora Leigh in the past, and will look forward to more by Sherri L. King, Lorie O'Clare!
Darcy
I don't often read all the stories in an anthology, but in this one all of the stories were good. They were fun, hot stories full of wild sex, each one around 50 pages so the storyline happened very fast.
Jessica
I got this book for Lora Leigh's Breed story "Wolfe's Hope". I thought it was really good for a 40 page short story.

"Lunewulf: Pack Law" by Lorie O'Clare wasn't too bad either.
Sara
Way to short but as usual so good. As wolf and hopes story has been told throughtout the breeds books the anthology is a nice little touch to find out how they finally came together.
Shelly
I only read "Wolfe's Hope" by Lora Leigh in this one, but it was outstanding. Nicely advanced the story of the Breeds and set up the next few books with ease.
Kimberly
I started the book with Lora Leigh's contribution. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the book even though I was only familiar with 2 of the authors.
Ruth Ellen
Wolfe's Hope...the beginning of the Wolf Breed Stories. I love that they work thur the obstacles that surround them to find their love for each other.
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #13)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #6; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Manaconda (includes Trek Mi Q'an novella & Horde Wars #4)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas - Volume 1
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • Legend's Passion (Devlin Dynasty, #4)
  • Hearts Are Wild (Wild, #5)
  • Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • In Her Blood (Lunewulf, #2)
  • Running Wild (Wild,  #1-3)
  • Checkmate (Mates, #2)
  • The Dark Prince (Dragon Lords #3)
  • Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in...more
More about Lora Leigh...
Wild Card (Elite Ops, #1) Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1) Mercury's War (Breeds, #16) Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #9) Lion's Heat (Breeds, #21)