Start by marking “Lovers or Something Like It (Pushkin Modern)” as Want to Read:
Lovers or Something Like It (Pushkin Modern)

Lovers or Something Like It (Pushkin Modern)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  6 reviews
An intelligent and sensitive portrayal of the doubts and desires of a new generation
Published January 1st 2005 by Pushkin Press (first published January 3rd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Lovers or Something Like It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovers or Something Like It

Jasmine
Firstly this book is not called love or something like it, that is the title of a book by Deirdre Shaw. This book is called lovers or something like it.

France

*Review starts now*

Reading this book is like cheating on Milan Kundera. not that I'm suggesting that Milan's wife should cheat on him with Florian, although Florian is younger and hotter.

The fact is that this is a lot like reading the unbearable lightness of being, but is actually more in depth, at least on the cheating.

It is nice to kn
Jasmine
** Everything in italics came out of the book itself**

I’ve always know that there is a special kind of hell for those people who don't know how to suffer those people who come upon the world being one of those people who don't know how to love. I’ve always known that I grew up to become one of those people thinking of the happiness we were expecting, but which will not come. Those people who have realized the comic illusion have come upon the children, the bad poets have scorned their belief
Alsy
I read this book when I want to understand men, love and relationships. Tristan is the ultimate cad. He's a coward who is in typical male fashion afraid to commit to the sensitive and lovelorn Amelie and predictable as it sounds, the author writes a beautiful short novel with such wonderful memorable passages, that my poor book is scribbled with notes and lines of my favorite quotes. I became a huge fan of Florian after I read this.
Lisa
Well observed, subtle and beautifully written. It's short so can be read in one sitting, but this is a book to read slowly and savour, or to read several times over. Both characters inspire sympathy and dislike by turns, and Zeller shows a remarkable insight in his depictions of both characters hopes and fears.
DPetrichor
This book discusses the insecurities ,doubts and misgivings of people beautifully.The indepth explanation of the psychology of Tristan and Amelie is also very interesting.It helped me better understand myself and people around me.I love psychological books and this book definitely had that angle to it.
Clémentine
Clémentine marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Zscribbles
Zscribbles marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Misha
Misha marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Jur
Jur marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
aidan w-m
aidan w-m marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Maianne
Maianne marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Florian Zeller is a French novelist and playwright. His work has been translated into a dozen languages, including English. He won the Prix Interallié in 2004 for his novel "Fascination of Evil" ("La Fascination du Pire").
More about Florian Zeller...
The Fascination of Evil Artificial Snow Julien Parme La jouissance Elle t'attend