Start by marking “Lizzie McGuire: The Orchids and Gumbo Poker Club” as Want to Read:
Lizzie McGuire: The Orchids and Gumbo Poker Club

Lizzie McGuire: The Orchids and Gumbo Poker Club

Assigned to Lizzie McGuire as required reading during one of her school classes, The Orchids and Gumbo Poker Club finally puts into print this "lost classic," for which Lizzie fans have been fruitlessly searching since they saw Lizzie reading it during the "Mom's Best Friend" episode on Disney Channel's hit Lizzie McGuire television series. A "post-it" on the front cover o ...more
Published November 10th 2003 by Volo (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Lizzie McGuire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lizzie McGuire

Emily Colville
Jul 18, 2010 Emily Colville rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story for a mother and daughter to read together. This book isn't really a Lizzie McGuire book in fact it doesn't invole her at all. It just tells a story of a girl from New Orleans who falls in love and it's beautiful!
Elle
Jul 06, 2010 Elle rated it it was amazing
I have read this book many times and I never seem to grow tired of it. The funny, witty comentary by Lizzie makes this book all the more enjoyable!
Suki
Jun 05, 2010 Suki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 11th-grade
I really like this book because it is part of the volume of Lizzie McGuire. I use to love her shows on t.v. so i brought her volume to read. In this book she writes doodles on the margins like she's interpreting the book like we do in school. I think that it is really romantic where her family helps Darcy to get into a ball she wants to go and find her love. But at the end, her love is the person she knows. I think that if you want to find a person to love, why not look closer and not farther. T ...more
Bridget
May 12, 2011 Bridget rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you haven't read this book you should. It's a really sweet mother/daughter book. I like the plot line and it kept me entertained throughout the whole book.
Ayushi
Feb 11, 2010 Ayushi rated it really liked it
a very heart-touching book dealing with every aspect of a child's realationship with the mother...the book definitely is a must read...
Alyssa J.
Sep 17, 2016 Alyssa J. rated it really liked it
I was suddenly reminded of one of my favourites from my childhood. It was a great read that was made more enjoyable by the humorous annotations by Lizzie in the margins!
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
The first story is about Lizzie running for class president against a boy who agrees to swallow worms for votes, and a cheerleader. At first Miranda and Gordo are strongly behind her, but gradually the political aspect of trying to please different groups of people causes Lizzie to go overboard to the point where she alienates both Miranda and Gordo.

She becomes too much of a politician and too little of a friend. A fairly cute story.In the second story, Gordo is complaining that he's under a lot
Audrey
Aug 05, 2012 Audrey rated it really liked it
I picked this book up at a garage sale and it was really pretty good. I use to watch Lizzie McGuire several years ago and I even remembered the episode this book is built around. This is a mother daughter story that takes place in the deep south, it's very touching and even humorous because this book was an assignment for Lizzie and she adds her notes and pictures in the margin of the book so you get two stories for the price of you.

It was a very quick read, I read it in an hour, but I still enj
Flanno
Apr 24, 2013 Flanno rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen-favourites
I first read this book when I was obsessed with everything Hilary Duff (and thus, Lizzie McGuire) about 7 or 8 years ago... I have read it so many times since that I might even be able to recite it. It's definitely one of my favourite books of all time, even though it doesn't really have anything to do with Lizzie McGuire (other than her notes written in the margins). This is seriously the best romance book ever for teenage girls, and a beautiful story of friendship. Ever since I read it I have ...more
Aurora
I remember when I was a kid I LOVED Lizzie McGuire books. I thought this was a pretty neat idea because when I was a kid if there was a book that wasn't real that everyone in a TV show loved i always wished I could read it. But this was pretty meh. I mean, I wasn't expecting much from a Lizzie McGuire book because those are not known for appealing to adults. So 3/5.
Christina
Sep 23, 2012 Christina rated it it was amazing
OKAY. I just want to review this shortly. But this was one of my favorite books when I was younger and one of the reasons I started reading for fun. THIS WAS SO FUNNY AND NICE AND BEAUTIFUL AND YES YES YES. Read it, this is such a fun read!
Nicole.kabalen
Jun 10, 2013 Nicole.kabalen rated it it was amazing
too bad this is from the tv show Lizzie McGuire, it makes it sound like a childish book but I swear it's actually not! It's actually really touching and amazing
Camille Azarcon
Aug 20, 2012 Camille Azarcon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I read this when I was a kid and I loved it so much I even wrote a book report about it for our school project.
Megan
Dec 12, 2015 Megan rated it really liked it
Obviously the author shipped Lizzie and Gordo as much as the rest of us did... Um... I mean, she shipped Darcy Lou and Gator... Yeah, that's it...
Joshua Gross
Jul 08, 2011 Joshua Gross rated it liked it
This was a fun book. I never actually watched Lizzie Mcguire, but it was still entertaining. It was very over the top and was like reading one big cliche, but it was still fun to read and funny.
Markeisha Whitaker
Jul 21, 2009 Markeisha Whitaker rated it really liked it
im still reading it but it really good .this book is about a young woman living in louisiana 1940 whose orchid growing mother Tallulh and her mother crew.
Madison
Madison rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Bianca Manik
Bianca Manik rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2013
Kari
Kari rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Malik Zaina
Malik Zaina rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2015
Nina
Nina rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2014
Ishwag Jama
Ishwag Jama rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Shanna Varner
Shanna Varner rated it did not like it
Sep 19, 2016
Nhaya
Nhaya rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Phoenix
Phoenix rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2013
Sonya
Sonya rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2011
♥☆~Lakshmi
♥☆~Lakshmi rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2009
Ananya
Ananya rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Kayla Boesche
Kayla Boesche rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2015
Lujain Karaki
ehhhhhh it's cute....
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Broken Hearts (Lizzie McGuire, #7)
  • New Kid in School
  • Never Mind The Goldbergs
  • Confessions of a Closet Catholic
  • The Rise and Fall of the Kate Empire (Lizzie Mcguire, #4)
  • Who Killed the Homecoming Queen? (Fear Street, #48)
  • It's Happy Bunny: Life. Get One.
  • When Moms Attack! (Lizzie McGuire)
  • Revenge (Conspiracy 365, #13)
  • Back Home
  • The Luxe Box Set (Luxe, #1-3)
  • Haunted Animals: True Ghost Stories
  • Get a Clue! (Lizzie McGuire Mysteries, #1)
  • Hunter's Moon