Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite

Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  236 ratings  ·  23 reviews
You are what you eat — and everyone wants to be healthy and look his or her best. A fit chef, marathon runner, and high-energy television presenter, Gordon Ramsay is a walking advertisement for eating well and staying in the peak of good health. In this new book, which includes recipes from The F Word, he has put together over 100 dishes that reflect the way we want to eat
Published January 1st 2009 by Key Porter Books (first published January 1st 2008)

Not really what I would call diet food, with the exception of some fruit and salad. It is OK. Nothing looked interesting enough or tasty enough that I had to make it right away.
MissAnnThrope
I guess "healthy" is all perspective, really. If you tend to indulge, then, yes, this is healthy. There are wonderful recipes in this book with fantastic combinations to inspire any cook. The directions are very well-written, and helpful tricks are sprinkled throughout the book. The recipes contain a few ingredients that one might not find easily in their neighborhood grocery store. For the average home cook, most of these recipes aren't simple enough to pull off after a long day of work. It mig...more
Lucyzoe
Strange as this may sound, I didn't like the feel of this cookbook. The page weight is too heavy, the spine is really tight so the book won't stay open, and the recipes were boring.

I liked the section on "Healthy Suppers" but didn't really enjoy the rest. I love Chef Ramsay, but this collection of recipes didn't work for me.
Rachel
I liked a fair number of recipes in this book, although most of his approaches are not dieting (like he says in the book) but rather more common sense plus exercise. That being said, I am glad he included a recipe for Pho that I can use without using bones/marrow or tripe, that isn't too difficult to make. I give this book 3 1/2 stars.
Iana
An excellent basic cookbook. It oversells the "healthy" aspect of the dishes, but the dishes are indeed delicious and pretty straightforward to prepare. In any case the book fits my own perspective on things: eating healthily does not mean renouncing enjoyment - quite the contrary!
Brenda1960
This is a good book with tasty food.

I like the fact that they are healthy and not full of butter and cream as I sometimes find GR recipies too rich.

The food here is healthy and full of flavour.

I also recommend FAST FOOD by GR.
Lynda
Was glad I got it from the library. It was awfully pricy for about 100 recipes.

There is some really good information here. I do not like the layout. I got some good recipes. Have liked the ones I tried.
Kim Greenhalgh
Aug 09, 2012 Kim Greenhalgh rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: those who want delicious food that is also healthy
Some of the best recipes I've eaten are creations of Gordon Ramsay. Taking that into consideration I jumped at this 'healthier' offering from him. Full of beautiful photos and yummy recipes it is sure to please.
Beau Behunin
Everything I have made out of this book has been fantastic. Not overly complex, the only drawback is finding some of the ingredients in American groceries, not hard to make some substitutions though.
Magiczna
A beautifully edited book with many recipes and wonderful photos. Made me bookmark some pages. On the sad note most of the recipes, even those for breakfast or lunch, are very time-consuming.
Katherine
Beautiful layout and photos that really enhance the recipes. I particularly like the "5 Ways with ..." sections" and within that category the ones that covered oily fish and tomatoes.
Dave
We've only had a chance to try a few recipes out of here so far, but they've all been excellent and have sparked some new ideas. Looking forward to doing a few more!
Julie
I don't like the way this book is organized. I know it was meant to be original and useful but I found it difficult to construct menus and put dishes together.
Katharine Eves
a good family meal book, gives loads of great ideas, on healthy meals, not particuarilly good for large groups though - too fiddley
Stephanie
His books are just gorgeous. Recipes aren't necessarily that useful for me, but I still love to oogle.
Melanie Garrett
I wasn't overwhelmed with this one, but then haven't yet cooked all that much from it.
Den
Not impressed. I found nothing in it that I would cook either for myself or the family.
Beka
Delicious pictures and doable recipes, but nothing that I had to have.
Denise
Simple recipes, easy to follow, mouth watering pictures, delicious food.
Wil
I like the simple recipes, that would turn me to a new idea of flavors.
William
Nice assortment of healthy dishes. Not too hard to make, either!
Eileen
Interesting recipes, but a bit too too for my tastes (pun intended).
Hozan Abdullrahman
  • Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities
  • The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook
  • Peter Reinhart's Whole Grain Breads: New Techniques, Extraordinary Flavor
  • Italian Food
  • Authentic Mexican 20th Anniversary Ed: Regional Cooking from the Heart of Mexico
  • Save the Deli: In Search of Perfect Pastrami, Crusty Rye, and the Heart of Jewish Delicatessen
  • Giada at Home: Family Recipes from Italy and California
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
Gordon James Ramsay, OBE, is a British chef, television personality and restaurateur. He has been awarded a total of 16 Michelin Stars, and in 2001 became one of only three chefs in the United Kingdom to hold three Michelin stars at one time. Ramsay currently ranks 3rd in the world in terms of Michelin Stars behind Joël Robuchon and Alain Ducasse.

Ramsay is known for presenting TV programmes about...more
More about Gordon Ramsay...
Humble Pie Roasting in Hell's Kitchen: Temper Tantrums, F Words, and the Pursuit of Perfection Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food: Recipes from The F Word Cooking for Friends Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course