Start by marking “Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite” as Want to Read:
Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite

Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  436 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
You are what you eat — and everyone wants to be healthy and look his or her best. A fit chef, marathon runner, and high-energy television presenter, Gordon Ramsay is a walking advertisement for eating well and staying in the peak of good health. In this new book, which includes recipes from The F Word, he has put together over 100 dishes that reflect the way we want to eat
Published January 1st 2009 by Key Porter Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite

Kimberly Ann
Feb 15, 2016 Kimberly Ann rated it it was amazing
I like this cookbook, mostly I like the fact that they are easy to understand.... 3-5 basic steps. The pages of the books are colorful but that does not interfere with the visibility of the words. The titles are in a large bold font, the ingredients are in a medium thin font, and the various steps are in a bold font. There are very many lovely & appetizing photographs.

Contents: Introduction; 9 sections of "Healthy" recipes; Healthy basics; Index; and Acknowledgements

Healthy Breakfast: Melon
Not really what I would call diet food, with the exception of some fruit and salad. It is OK. Nothing looked interesting enough or tasty enough that I had to make it right away.
MissAnnThrope
I guess "healthy" is all perspective, really. If you tend to indulge, then, yes, this is healthy. There are wonderful recipes in this book with fantastic combinations to inspire any cook. The directions are very well-written, and helpful tricks are sprinkled throughout the book. The recipes contain a few ingredients that one might not find easily in their neighborhood grocery store. For the average home cook, most of these recipes aren't simple enough to pull off after a long day of work. It mig ...more
Books and Me Anyway
Great for beginners and pro. Very nice pictures. Delicious reciepes!
A must in your kitchen.
Lucyzoe
Jan 27, 2010 Lucyzoe rated it liked it
Strange as this may sound, I didn't like the feel of this cookbook. The page weight is too heavy, the spine is really tight so the book won't stay open, and the recipes were boring.

I liked the section on "Healthy Suppers" but didn't really enjoy the rest. I love Chef Ramsay, but this collection of recipes didn't work for me.
Rachel
Feb 10, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
I liked a fair number of recipes in this book, although most of his approaches are not dieting (like he says in the book) but rather more common sense plus exercise. That being said, I am glad he included a recipe for Pho that I can use without using bones/marrow or tripe, that isn't too difficult to make. I give this book 3 1/2 stars.
Iana
Sep 23, 2013 Iana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent basic cookbook. It oversells the "healthy" aspect of the dishes, but the dishes are indeed delicious and pretty straightforward to prepare. In any case the book fits my own perspective on things: eating healthily does not mean renouncing enjoyment - quite the contrary!
Brenda1960
Jan 25, 2012 Brenda1960 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This is a good book with tasty food.

I like the fact that they are healthy and not full of butter and cream as I sometimes find GR recipies too rich.

The food here is healthy and full of flavour.

I also recommend FAST FOOD by GR.
Lynda
Jul 22, 2011 Lynda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Was glad I got it from the library. It was awfully pricy for about 100 recipes.

There is some really good information here. I do not like the layout. I got some good recipes. Have liked the ones I tried.
Kim Greenhalgh
Aug 09, 2012 Kim Greenhalgh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who want delicious food that is also healthy
Some of the best recipes I've eaten are creations of Gordon Ramsay. Taking that into consideration I jumped at this 'healthier' offering from him. Full of beautiful photos and yummy recipes it is sure to please.
Beau Behunin
Dec 08, 2012 Beau Behunin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything I have made out of this book has been fantastic. Not overly complex, the only drawback is finding some of the ingredients in American groceries, not hard to make some substitutions though.
Marzena
A beautifully edited book with many recipes and wonderful photos. Made me bookmark some pages. On the sad note most of the recipes, even those for breakfast or lunch, are very time-consuming.
Katherine
Jul 06, 2010 Katherine rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Beautiful layout and photos that really enhance the recipes. I particularly like the "5 Ways with ..." sections" and within that category the ones that covered oily fish and tomatoes.
Dave
We've only had a chance to try a few recipes out of here so far, but they've all been excellent and have sparked some new ideas. Looking forward to doing a few more!
Julie
Feb 24, 2010 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
I don't like the way this book is organized. I know it was meant to be original and useful but I found it difficult to construct menus and put dishes together.
Miss Downtown NYC
Interesting to learn about Chef Ramsay's journey to living a healthy lifestyle. Too basic for the experienced cook. Really like the roast chicken recipe.
Katharine Eves
Jun 25, 2008 Katharine Eves rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a good family meal book, gives loads of great ideas, on healthy meals, not particuarilly good for large groups though - too fiddley
Stephanie
His books are just gorgeous. Recipes aren't necessarily that useful for me, but I still love to oogle.
Melanie Garrett
I wasn't overwhelmed with this one, but then haven't yet cooked all that much from it.
Den
Not impressed. I found nothing in it that I would cook either for myself or the family.
Beka
Jun 11, 2013 Beka rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Delicious pictures and doable recipes, but nothing that I had to have.
Denise
Aug 29, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
Simple recipes, easy to follow, mouth watering pictures, delicious food.
Wil
Apr 29, 2013 Wil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the simple recipes, that would turn me to a new idea of flavors.
William
Dec 25, 2011 William rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice assortment of healthy dishes. Not too hard to make, either!
Eileen
May 24, 2009 Eileen rated it did not like it
Shelves: cookbooks
Interesting recipes, but a bit too too for my tastes (pun intended).
Hozan Abdullrahman
good book
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Hans
Hans rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Celine
Celine marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Jose Guzman
Jose Guzman marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
  • Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home: 52 Quick Meals to Cook for Family and Friends
  • Jamie Does...
  • Guy Fieri Food: Cookin' It, Livin' It, Lovin' It
  • How to Roast a Lamb: New Greek Classic Cooking
  • Simple Chinese Cooking
  • Real Cajun: Rustic Home Cooking from Donald Link's Louisiana
Gordon James Ramsay, OBE, is a British chef, television personality and restaurateur. He has been awarded a total of 16 Michelin Stars, and in 2001 became one of only three chefs in the United Kingdom to hold three Michelin stars at one time. Ramsay currently ranks 3rd in the world in terms of Michelin Stars behind Joël Robuchon and Alain Ducasse.

Ramsay is known for presenting TV programmes about
More about Gordon Ramsay...