Start by marking “The Blood of Kings: A Novel” as Want to Read:
The Blood of Kings: A Novel

The Blood of Kings: A Novel

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews

The University of Pittsburgh campus is anything but quiet the summer Jamie, a hunky college sophomore, feeling brokenhearted after being dumped by his first boyfriend, decides to audit a summer class on Egyptology taught by the magnetic Dr. Danilo. Several of the university’s star athletes are then found murdered, their bodies completely desiccated, but Jamie has other th

Published January 1st 2005 by Alyson Books (first published December 15th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Blood of Kings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blood of Kings

Ashley Scott
Nov 25, 2015 Ashley Scott rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Ashley by: a friend
First of all, there should be a way on Goodreads to officially notate that you didn't finish a book because it was complete and total shit. That aside, let's get down to it.

I made it 164 pages into this bad boy before I had it put it down, and I seriously think I deserve a medal for that. I'm not even going to bother hiding any of this behind a cut because I hope I spoil the need or desire to read this out of anyone who should ever come across it.

This is a story about gay people, vampires, Egy
Alysa H.
Sep 15, 2013 Alysa H. rated it it was ok
Readable enough, if rather thin, this book functions like an extended "It Gets Better" talk - if by better, one means "Don't worry, someday you will rise high above all this petty homophobia you encounter and realize that you are a superior being... by becoming a cultish, self-aggrandizing, immortal serial killer."

I get why teenage readers, perhaps, would feel connected to this horror tale, and I probably would have liked it better many years ago as an isolated teen myself. But for the rest of u
Jonathan G
Jan 10, 2012 Jonathan G rated it liked it
Overall, I thought this book was good. I liked the blunt language that was used throughout the entire novel, however I thought that the romance and passion could have went a little more in depth. I feel that we the readers would have had a mouch stronger connection to the characters Jaime and Danilo if the romance sences were more detailed. The beginning started out very well and clear but once it climaxed to the ending, I began to find myself puzzeled as to what was going to happen. The ending ...more
Jimmy
Feb 24, 2016 Jimmy rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-supernatural
This book is a really good vampire story that teaches; you must be true to yourself and not hide who you are. This is the first of John Michael Curlovich’s books that I’ve read, and I do want to read more of his work! The company responsible for printing this book did a very poor job of editing. There is a ton of spelling errors that makes the reader “translate”.
Jamie is a typical, out, young student who falls in love with his professor Danilo. Danilo teaches Jamie about Egyptology, love, and h
Michael
Oct 29, 2009 Michael rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one!
This book was disappointing at best. The storyline had so much potential, but it read like a rough draft – never rewritten. It’s hard to believe an editor would send something like this to print… No character building, no depth to the storyline. Don’t waste your time with this book.
Jason
Mar 12, 2012 Jason rated it really liked it
A little sex, some vampirism, and Egyptology thrown in all mixed together to form a fun book. A little preachy at times, but a fun diversion, from my usual fare.
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Pau Labor
Pau Labor rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
babs
babs marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Barbora
Barbora marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
James Hall
James Hall rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Kelley O'brien
Kelley O'brien rated it it was ok
May 17, 2015
Mandy
Mandy rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2014
Matthew
Matthew rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Rusty Schaeffer
Rusty Schaeffer marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Cerisaye
Cerisaye rated it liked it
May 22, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Rox3l
Rox3l rated it really liked it
May 08, 2014
E Varady
E Varady rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2014
Geo Sustento
Geo Sustento rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Coffinmo
Coffinmo marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Wart Hill
Wart Hill marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Cindu
Cindu added it
Nov 29, 2013
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2013
Faymay
Faymay marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Jessica Robinson
Jessica Robinson marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Erik Manning
Erik Manning marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013