Start by marking “The Complete Vegan Cookbook: Over 200 Tantalizing Recipes Plus Plenty of Kitchen Wisdom for Beginners and Experienced Cooks” as Want to Read:

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Now vegan means vitality and vibrant taste!
A simple definition--
"The vegan diet consists exclusively of foods from the vegetable kingdom and excludes all animal products--meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, dairy, and honey--as well as products which are processed using animal ingredients."
Good health and great flavor have finally come together! Whether you're a full-time
Published May 10th 2001 by Clarkson Potter Publishers (first published May 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Vegan Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Vegan Cookbook

Lisa Vegan
Jun 27, 2007 Lisa Vegan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: vegans, those trying to eat healthy foods
Well, I like this cookbook; it has a lot of good general cooking information and the recipes are good, although there are not enough of them so that I'd want this to be my only cookbook or my main cookbook. The thing I like best about this cookbook is that each recipe has complete nutritional information, including the mention of 0 mg. of cholesterol for every dish - which is funny to include as vegan foods never contain any cholesterol, but I guess that's educational for those new to vegan eati ...more
Jessica
I think I like their other book better. I had made the pasta with adzuki beans, tomatoes, spinach, and olives a while back and liked it, but it wasn't that different from things I throw together all the time. Then the other night, I made the risotto with portobello mushrooms and radicchio and was not impressed. Still, I'm not ready to give up on this book yet.
Hawley
Four out of four recipes made thus far I would make again AND value enough to rewrite for my binder of awesome, keep-making-these recipes. Quite pleased, but wondering if I should have bought it instead of checking it out from the library. Probably will purchase it someday. We used some of the recipes for our thanksgiving meal :) Yum!
Pam
The recipes in this cookbook are unfailingly delicious, gourmet and most are not too difficult. The ingredients are sometimes expensive and sometimes difficult to find. But so worth it. We just had the Southwest Corn, Chard and Potato Soup. Wow!
Shelly
Not enough pictures here, but this cookbook rocks when it really counts. It has everything you need. It's a good basic vegan starter cookbook with all sorts of ideas. I'm inspired by it!
Lynn
Very thorough information for those starting a vegan diet. Includes what you need, nutritional information and easy recipes.
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Diana Paul
Diana Paul marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Lilyhon
Lilyhon marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Kimberly Chan
Kimberly Chan marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Jane Bretz
Jane Bretz marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Vegan Gourmet: Full Flavor & Variety With over 120 Delicious Recipes 15-Minute Vegetarian Recipes: 200 Quick, Easy, and Delicious Recipes the Whole Family Will Love Vegan Gourmet: Full Flavor and Variety with Over 100 Delicious Recipes A Cozy Book of Coffees & Cocoas: Rich and Delicious Recipes The Best 125 Meatless Main Dishes