Start by marking “The Everyday Vegan: Recipes & Lessons for Living the Vegan Life” as Want to Read:
The Everyday Vegan: Recipes & Lessons for Living the Vegan Life

The Everyday Vegan: Recipes & Lessons for Living the Vegan Life

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Dreena Burton demonstrates that anyone can prepare an array of delectable vegan dishes without compromising one’s health or sense of taste. The Everyday Vegan includes recipes as well as cooking and shopping tips, meal plan suggestions, and nutritional analyses.
Published July 1st 2002 by Arsenal Pulp Press (first published September 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Everyday Vegan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everyday Vegan

The Little Grey Flannel Book by Stephen  OsborneWith a Rough Tongue by Amber DawnBlue is the Warmest Color by Julie MarohLittle Greenish-Brown Book of Slugs by Arsenal Pulp PressFist of the Spider Woman by Amber Dawn
Arsenal Pulp Press
15th out of 89 books — 3 voters
Gluten Free Slow Cooker by F.L. CloverVegetarian Times Complete Cookbook by Vegetarian TimesThe Happy Pear by David and Stephen FlynnHealthy Heart Healthy Planet by Rajiv MisquittaCook like your indian roommate! 10 vegan everyday rice recipe... by Ruthz S.B.
Great Veg Cookbooks
10th out of 33 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Kerri
Jul 24, 2012 Kerri added it
Shelves: vegan-cookbooks
I liked the following recipes:
- Marie's "More-ish" Brownies - yummylicious!
Terri
Good foundation information for a vegan lifestyle, including good health information. Great recipes, too!
J
I don't find myself reaching for this one very often since so many of the main course recipes are for some kind of patty. Also, the page layout (ingredient list on the right, instructions on the left) is somewhat disorienting. There are some good recipes in here, but I doubt I would recommend it to anyone.
May 27, 2010 Laura added it
Shelves: my-cookbooks
I've only tried a couple things from this one but I have to say the roasted red pepper dip is excellent.(But don't try freezing it, the consistancy does not come out the same as when it is fresh) And the squash / cranberry dressing dish was a huge hit at Christmas dinner this year.
Kim
I love Burton's food blog, but this cookbook is just to visually bland to inspire me to cook. Also, the recipes seem very hippie and seemingly bland. Of course I don't really know since I have cooked very few recipes from the book.
Leah
Mar 18, 2009 Leah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
Good basic vegan cookbook with relatively accessible ingredients / room for substitution.

Don't believe the rumors about how awesome the spinach-artichoke dip recipe is, because they're not true.

Marti
This has a lot of easy recipes (good for people like me who don't cook much). Plus, it gives a lot of basic info about vitamins and nutrients, etc. A good intro to vegan cooking.
**lr**
**lr** marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Brienna
Brienna marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Channing Hockman
Channing Hockman marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Karin Koleva
Karin Koleva marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Juliet García
Juliet García marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Polly
Polly marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
A
A marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • 500 Vegan Recipes: An Amazing Variety of Delicious Recipes, From Chilis and Casseroles to Crumbles, Crisps, and Cookies
  • Vegan Vittles: Recipes Inspired by the Critters of Farm Sanctuary
  • Hot Damn and Hell Yeah! Recipes for Hungry Banditos and the Dirty South Vegan Cookbook
  • The Indian Vegan Kitchen: More Than 150 Quick and Healthy Homestyle Recipes
  • Vegan A Go-Go!: A Cookbook & Survival Manual for Vegans on the Road
  • The Candle Cafe Cookbook: More Than 150 Enlightened Recipes from New York's Renowned Vegan Restaurant
  • Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food: 65 Everyday Meal Ideas for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with Over 150 Great-Tasting, Down-Home Recipes
  • Vegan Lunch Box Around the World: 125 Easy, International Lunches Kids and Grown-Ups Will Love!
  • Vegan Italiano: Meat-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Dishes from Sun-Drenched Italy
  • Vegan Soups and Hearty Stews for All Seasons
  • My Sweet Vegan: passionate about dessert
  • The Real Food Daily Cookbook: Really Fresh, Really Good, Really Vegetarian
  • Vegan Fire & Spice: 200 Sultry and Savory Global Recipes
  • The Voluptuous Vegan: More Than 200 Sinfully Delicious Recipes for Meatless, Eggless, and Dairy-Free Meals
  • Soy, Not Oi!
  • The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan Again!
  • The Gluten-Free Vegan: 150 Delicious Ways to Cook Allergy-Free-Without Dairy, Wheat or Meat
  • Sticky Fingers' Sweets: 100 Super-Secret Vegan Recipes
Eat, Drink and Be Vegan: Everyday Vegan Recipes Worth Celebrating Let Them Eat Vegan!: 200 Deliciously Satisfying Plant-Powered Recipes for the Whole Family Vive le Vegan!: Simple, Delectable Recipes for the Everyday Vegan Family Plant-Powered Families: Over 100 Kid-Tested, Whole-Foods Vegan Recipes Plant-Powered 15