The Everyday Vegan: Recipes & Lessons for Living the Vegan Life

The Everyday Vegan: Recipes & Lessons for Living the Vegan Life

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Dreena Burton demonstrates that anyone can prepare an array of delectable vegan dishes without compromising one’s health or sense of taste. The Everyday Vegan includes recipes as well as cooking and shopping tips, meal plan suggestions, and nutritional analyses.
Published July 1st 2002 by Arsenal Pulp Press (first published September 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Everyday Vegan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everyday Vegan

The Little Grey Flannel Book by Stephen  OsborneWith a Rough Tongue by Amber DawnLittle Greenish-Brown Book of Slugs by Arsenal Pulp PressFist of the Spider Woman by Amber DawnSub Rosa by Amber Dawn
Arsenal Pulp Press
13th out of 87 books — 2 voters
Gluten Free Slow Cooker by F.L. CloverVegetarian Times Complete Cookbook by Vegetarian TimesLorna Sass' Complete Vegetarian Kitchen by Lorna J. SassAmazing Lemonade Recipes To Thirst For! by Amber RichardsMy Sweet Vegan by Hannah Kaminsky
Great Veg Cookbooks
7th out of 30 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Kerri
Jul 24, 2012 Kerri added it
Shelves: vegan-cookbooks
I liked the following recipes:
- Marie's "More-ish" Brownies - yummylicious!
J
I don't find myself reaching for this one very often since so many of the main course recipes are for some kind of patty. Also, the page layout (ingredient list on the right, instructions on the left) is somewhat disorienting. There are some good recipes in here, but I doubt I would recommend it to anyone.
May 27, 2010 Laura added it
Shelves: my-cookbooks
I've only tried a couple things from this one but I have to say the roasted red pepper dip is excellent.(But don't try freezing it, the consistancy does not come out the same as when it is fresh) And the squash / cranberry dressing dish was a huge hit at Christmas dinner this year.
Kim
I love Burton's food blog, but this cookbook is just to visually bland to inspire me to cook. Also, the recipes seem very hippie and seemingly bland. Of course I don't really know since I have cooked very few recipes from the book.
Leah
Mar 18, 2009 Leah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
Good basic vegan cookbook with relatively accessible ingredients / room for substitution.

Don't believe the rumors about how awesome the spinach-artichoke dip recipe is, because they're not true.

Marti
This has a lot of easy recipes (good for people like me who don't cook much). Plus, it gives a lot of basic info about vitamins and nutrients, etc. A good intro to vegan cooking.
Devyn
Devyn added it
Aug 27, 2014
Sharon Lee
Sharon Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Paulla
Paulla marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Chloé
Chloé marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Wendy T
Wendy T marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Kathrynanne Wright
Kathrynanne Wright marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Janet
Janet added it
Jan 24, 2014
Erynn
Erynn added it
Jan 18, 2014
K.O.
K.O. marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Eat, Drink and Be Vegan: Everyday Vegan Recipes Worth Celebrating Vive le Vegan!: Simple, Delectable Recipes for the Everyday Vegan Family Let Them Eat Vegan!: 200 Deliciously Satisfying Plant-Powered Recipes for the Whole Family Plant-Powered 15