The Everyday Vegan: Recipes & Lessons for Living the Vegan Life

The Everyday Vegan: Recipes & Lessons for Living the Vegan Life

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Dreena Burton demonstrates that anyone can prepare an array of delectable vegan dishes without compromising one’s health or sense of taste. The Everyday Vegan includes recipes as well as cooking and shopping tips, meal plan suggestions, and nutritional analyses.
Published July 1st 2002 by Arsenal Pulp Press (first published September 1st 2001)

With a Rough Tongue by Amber DawnThe Little Grey Flannel Book by Stephen  OsborneLittle Greenish-Brown Book of Slugs by Arsenal Pulp PressFist of the Spider Woman by Amber DawnHow It All Vegan! by Tanya Barnard
Arsenal Pulp Press
13th out of 87 books — 2 voters
Veganomicon by Isa Chandra MoskowitzVegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra MoskowitzVegan with a Vengeance by Isa Chandra MoskowitzAppetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra MoskowitzVegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Best Vegan Cookbooks
130th out of 177 books — 240 voters

More lists with this book...

Kerri
Jul 24, 2012 Kerri added it
Shelves: vegan-cookbooks
I liked the following recipes:
- Marie's "More-ish" Brownies - yummylicious!
J
I don't find myself reaching for this one very often since so many of the main course recipes are for some kind of patty. Also, the page layout (ingredient list on the right, instructions on the left) is somewhat disorienting. There are some good recipes in here, but I doubt I would recommend it to anyone.
May 27, 2010 Laura added it
Shelves: my-cookbooks
I've only tried a couple things from this one but I have to say the roasted red pepper dip is excellent.(But don't try freezing it, the consistancy does not come out the same as when it is fresh) And the squash / cranberry dressing dish was a huge hit at Christmas dinner this year.
Kim
I love Burton's food blog, but this cookbook is just to visually bland to inspire me to cook. Also, the recipes seem very hippie and seemingly bland. Of course I don't really know since I have cooked very few recipes from the book.
Leah
Mar 18, 2009 Leah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
Good basic vegan cookbook with relatively accessible ingredients / room for substitution.

Don't believe the rumors about how awesome the spinach-artichoke dip recipe is, because they're not true.

Marti
This has a lot of easy recipes (good for people like me who don't cook much). Plus, it gives a lot of basic info about vitamins and nutrients, etc. A good intro to vegan cooking.
Wendy T
Wendy T marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Kathrynanne Wright
Kathrynanne Wright marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Janet
Janet added it
Jan 24, 2014
Erynn
Erynn added it
Jan 18, 2014
K.O.
K.O. marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Melissa Amaral
Melissa Amaral marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Evelina Gorski
Evelina Gorski marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Megan
Megan added it
Aug 27, 2013
Marsea
Marsea marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
Helena de Extasy
Helena de Extasy marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Heleen
Heleen added it
Aug 03, 2013
Jakenness
Jakenness marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Eloise
Eloise marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2013
Juliana
Juliana marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
Johnboy2434
Johnboy2434 marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Eat, Drink and Be Vegan: Everyday Vegan Recipes Worth Celebrating Vive le Vegan!: Simple, Delectable Recipes for the Everyday Vegan Family Let Them Eat Vegan!: 200 Deliciously Satisfying Plant-Powered Recipes for the Whole Family Plant-Powered 15