Start by marking “The Sacred Blood” as Want to Read:
The Sacred Blood

The Sacred Blood (Charlotte Hennesey #2)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  558 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Secrets, miracles, prophecies, and the threat of Armageddon intertwine in this riveting sequel to the international bestseller "The Sacred Bones"

When American geneticist Charlotte Hennesey examined what she believed were the bones of Jesus, the Vatican tried to stop word of her discovery from spreading. Now her proof has vanished.

But the bones were just the beginning. In h
Published March 24th 2009 by William Morrow (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Sacred Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sacred Blood

Will Byrnes
Oct 13, 2008 Will Byrnes rated it liked it
There must be a particular sub-genre of the action-adventure novel, one that relies on a discovery from antiquity that has real-world implications for power in the 21st century, or that upends hundreds or thousands of years of presumed wisdom. Surely the top of this heap is The DaVinci Codes. Righteous Men by Sam Bourne and Map of Bones by James Rollins pop to mind. There are many others. In this one, an ossuary is discovered under the Temple Mount. Could the bones found there in be those of Jes ...more
Kim
As part of my goal to finish all my physical books I finally picked up the sequel to The Sacred Bones. Picking up where the last book left off geneticist Charlotte Hennesey is once again drawn into the middle of a conflict between major religions, though this time the focus is on Jerusalem not Rome and between the Jews and Muslims.

I preferred the other main character, Amit, more than Charlotte. I wish there had been more about him and I hope he gets his own book. Overall though this book just fe
Balthazar Lawson
This is a retelling of the story of the death of Jesus, what happened to his bones, the Ark of The Covenant and 2000 year old prophecies which brings it all together in modern Jerusalem. Remembering that this is fiction of course this is not a bad read right up to the end. The ending was very disappointing and took the conventional path that big events don't actually happen and evil doers are always thwarted at the end, especially when it comes to world changing events. But in this case the evil ...more
Christine Van Heertum
Suite de «Le Secret du Dixième Tombeau», Le «Mystère de l'Arche perdue» m'a autant déçue que le premier tome – dont je ne me souvenais pas avant de me plonger dans le 2e volume.
Charlotte, généticienne souffrant d'un cancer des os, est rentrée miraculeusement guérie aux Etats-Unis. Elle est convaincue que le squelette qu'elle avait examiné à Rome et datant du début de l'ère chrétienne, est la source de sa guérison. Lorsque le prêtre Donovan reprend contact avec Charlotte, conduisant involontaire
Shelby Lee
Dec 27, 2014 Shelby Lee rated it it was ok
Eh.

Where I thought the first book fell in line with plenty of other good old fashioned Indiana Jones type stories, this one fell flat.

It kind of got weird and introduced a whole 'nother plot line that wasn't touched on in the first book and felt like an afterthought. Maybe it wasn't, it was all planned out before he put pen to paper with this series, but it felt tacked on. Like maybe because the first book had some success (I'm assuming?) he thought to capitalize on it with this sequel. Not that
Garryvivianne
Aug 09, 2009 Garryvivianne rated it really liked it
This was exciting from the very start. A genetecist gets involved with examining bones found in Jerusalem, which might be the bones of Jesus. Finding out she has cancer, her fiance injects her with the dna from the bones, and she finds she obtains certain qualities from this. This story involves the Vatican, who of course are all involved in trying to stop these findings, a Rabbi who's intentions are not so honorable, an archaelogist & a young priest. This was a good book.
Rachel
Jul 11, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
So I am IN LOVE with Michael Byrnes writing. Being a Christian myself I do not take offense to the yarn spinning he does with the Bible or historic, religious sites. I find that it takes a great amount of research and passion to unearth the story and take it and reinterpret it as believable fiction. I've also learned about the Jewish and Muslim faiths and peoples (apart from the fictitious parts) and I've enjoyed relearning my own Christian beliefs and seeing how people interpret them for their ...more
Susan
Jun 15, 2009 Susan rated it it was amazing
Fast pcked action fully recommend and he finished the book and ties all the loose ends. A Goodread
Mike Phillips
Sep 13, 2012 Mike Phillips rated it really liked it
good almost as good as first book. Slow at points but overall very satisfying
Paul Pessolano
Feb 24, 2011 Paul Pessolano rated it liked it
This is a follow-up to Michael Byrnes's first book, "The Sacred Bones". In "The Sacred Bones", we left Charlotte Hennesey examining what was thought to be the bones of Jesus Christ. We find that Charlotte is dying from terminal cancer and DNA was extracted from the bones and injected into Charlotte. She goes into total remission and is "miraculously" cured.

Rabbi Aaron Cohen, a descendent of the biblical Aaron, and his family have been the guardians of the Ark of the Covenant. A lttle "Raiders of
Stephanie
Dec 01, 2009 Stephanie rated it really liked it
This book hooked me right from the beginning and kept me interested right through to the end. It continues the story from "The Sacred Bones" where Charlotte has injected herself with DNA from the bones as she is dying of bone cancer. She is suddenly completely cured and has the gift of healing. Somebody else knows about this 'gift' and wants Charlotte and the bones very badly. She is kidnapped and thus ensues a wild chase to save Charlotte before she is killed. Amit and Julie are fun to read as ...more
Cynthia
Jun 20, 2014 Cynthia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ce livre était correct, mais je n'ai personnellement pas été . Je ne sentais vraiment pas que j'avais besoin de connaitre la suite et j'ai lu en diagonal certains des paragraphes.
J'imagine que l'histoire est bonne si vous aimez les histoire de genre action à caractère religieux, mais j'ai tendance à les trouver surfaits et exagéré et ce livre-ci n'a simplement pas su gardé mon attention.
Pas mauvais, mais j'ai définitivement lu mieux.

----------------------------------------------

The book was ok,
Mira Sun
May 25, 2011 Mira Sun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-2011
Zum Inhalt:
Pater Patrick Donovan ist auf der Flucht: Er hat das Ossuarium Christi an einem geheimen Ort verborgen und muss nun um sein Leben fürchten. Aaron Cohen, ein religiöser Fanatiker, der seine Stammlinie auf Moses und den Messias zurückführt, schreckt vor nichts zurück, um die Gebeine Jesu in seinen Besitz zu bringen. Mit
alttestamentarischer Härte verfolgt er sein Ziel. Denn es geht um die Reinheit des Blutes und um die Macht über die Menschheit ...

Fazit:
Ich war etwas unschlüssig, bis jet
Marjolein
READ IN DUTCH

This is the sequel to The Sacred Bones, which I quite liked, so I had been looking forward to read this book.

The story sets off right after the first book ended. If you think you don't recall anything from the first book, it might just be a good idea to reread the first novel. Or else, just try and see if any things will come back to you after you start reading (this is what I usually do). It was still enjoyable, but I didn't like it as much as I liked the first one. It also felt li
Janis
I liked this book when I first started it.His writing style appealed to me and I thought that the story line had promise. Towards the end of the book I felt that the dialogue became odd and stilted The plot went into a James Rollins type of roller coaster ride - which is OK if you're reading James Rollins because you know to expect that from the start. I was encouraged at the beginning and a bit disappointed towards the end. Worth the read? Yeah, if you are out of choices for this genre. Only a ...more
Aarti
Jun 10, 2015 Aarti added it
False
Michael Hermann
Aug 28, 2014 Michael Hermann rated it really liked it
The story was not bad, but in order to fully understand the whole story, it helps to have read The Sacred Bones first. This story is a continuation of the Sacred Bones and brings it to a failry decent conclusion. It follows a somewhat predictable pattern, but if you are willing to let yourself be entertained by a story about the potential end of the world and the coming a a new messiah, this book might be what you are looking for.
Elena
Apr 02, 2009 Elena rated it it was ok
Not a full three star actually. I enjoyed the first part so much more than this one. The Sacred Bones really felt like it was a step above the billion "religious historical thriller" type of books inflating the market at the moment, which made me excited to read its sequel. Unfortunately, I think the Sacred Blood is just another one of the many nameless faceless works that follow the Da Vinci Code trail.
Bookman8
Jan 30, 2013 Bookman8 rated it it was ok
An adventure story centering around Christ's bones and the ark of the covenant. The first book was "Sacred Bones", and there may be a third, centering on the ark. Much about genetics, and the healing power of Christ's "blood," Gnostics, Egyptian roots of Christianity, the Temple Rock and the Muslims, etc.. A shoot'em up adventure story, it needed more maps to follow the action around the Temple Rock.
Kristin
Sep 15, 2009 Kristin rated it liked it
Good concept.. but I think it could have been a bit more developed. Nearing the end I thought that there was too much left open and then from that point on it was rushed to the conclusion.

It was an easy read that I could put down and pick back up again, which is nice since I read a few books at a time.
Ann
Apr 15, 2010 Ann rated it it was ok
I just couldn't really get in to this book. I just kept putting it down and then trying to remember what was going on when I picked it back up. I think the rhythm of this book was too choppy as the author keeped switching points of view and settings. Also, very flat characters.
Janelle
Apr 09, 2009 Janelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I guess you could call this a page-turner. It's a pretty quick read that's mildly engaging. Coming after "The Da Vinci Code," it lacks novelty, and the style borders on clumsy. But the characters are likable and the action quick-paced and patterned in suspensefully.
Emily
Feb 14, 2010 Emily rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult-reads
This book was OK, but most of it was over my head. I didn't know enough about the Jewish and Muslim religion, or the specific details about times and locations in the bible to really get into it. It took me FOREVER to finish. Glad I can cross it off my list!
Pisinat
Aug 09, 2012 Pisinat rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-thriller
2.5
Ca se lit vite et bien, mais bon... Ca a un petit côté élitiste dans les tournures de phrases qui m'a agacée à la longue. Ca fait bien c'est sûr, mais pas la peine d'essayer d'en mettre plein la vue à chaque page ! On lit pas une encyclopédie !
Geno
Mar 11, 2010 Geno rated it it was ok
The plot is fantastic but somehow I got lost half way through the book. The novel takes jumps from country to country and adding the different religious symbols & beliefs created some confusion in the way it is written.
Dee
Feb 25, 2010 Dee rated it liked it
This is book is similar to DaVinci Code. It keep me turning the next page and at times I couldn't put it down. Not as quite as good as DaVinci. Didn't like the unclimatic ending. But it was a good read.
Tuesday's Child
Mar 23, 2010 Tuesday's Child rated it it was ok
Although i only gave this book 2 stars, it probably deserves more.It is well written, but i think i am tired of the story.If you enjoyed the Dan Brown books, this should be worth reading.
Sarah84 Pirali
Jun 08, 2010 Sarah84 Pirali rated it it was ok
I should have read "the sacred bones" at first, but the time I was buying a HUGE collection of books in Tehran International Book Fair, I wasn't aware of this one. Now I'm gonna try it.
Maya
Feb 09, 2010 Maya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, ebook
3.75 out of 5 and for a full review please check out our website: Read All Over
Carol
May 01, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ich habe die deutsche Version "Die Messias Linie" gelesen. Spannend geschrieben und fundiert recherchiert. Als etwas störend empfand ich den stetigen Wechsel der Schauplätze.
  • The Lost Temple
  • Bible of the Dead
  • On the Fifth Day
  • The Hidden Oasis
  • The First Apostle (Chris Bronson, #1)
  • The Last Ember
  • Pyramid
  • Ark of Fire (Caedmon Aisquith, #1)
  • Michelangelo's Notebook (Finn Ryan, #1)
  • Sphinx
  • The Gilded Seal (Tom Kirk, #3)
  • The Tiger Warrior (Jack Howard, #4)
  • The Dead Sea Deception (Leo Tillman & Heather Kennedy, #1)
  • The Second Messiah

Charlotte Hennesey (2 books)
  • The Sacred Bones