Start by marking “Shadow Star (Chronicles of the Shadow War, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Star (Chronicles of the Shadow War, #3)

Shadow Star (Chronicles of the Shadow War #3)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  746 ratings  ·  23 reviews
In Shadow Moon and Shadow Dawn, George Lucas, creator of Star Wars, and Chris Claremont, author of the bestselling X-Men adventures, created a new world of myth, magic, and legend unlike any before. Now they bring their epic trilogy to an unforgettable conclusion in a novel of blazing imaginative brilliance...

Elora Danan has done the unthinkable. She has slain the dragons
Published November 2nd 1999 by Spectra Books (first published November 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Star

Scurra
...and this is a positive masterclass in how to take a really hackneyed idea and make it feel completely new.

Structurally, I think this is the weakest of the three. But that's inevitable when you get to the third part of a trilogy (just ask Philip Pullman!) There are an awful lot of loose ends to tie up, and, not content with that, they decide to add an entire massive backstory that was strictly unnecessary (I think that pretty much the whole thing could have been resolved without needing the K
Ben
The only thing that kept this book from getting a 5-star review in my opinion is Claremont's love of the phrase "beat a tattoo" and the fact that--in an effort to emphasize the drama--every creature or race spoken of is "much more dangerous than it looks." If we are to believe Claremont's depiction of the world of Willow, one wonders how any life could evolve in such a deceptively perilous environment.
Nonetheless, this is a good close to a fun series, and a worthwhile epilogue to Willow.
Kelly
Fantastic end to the series - it all culminates to a great ending, built up from the details drawn out through the series. I love the descriptiveness and all of the intertwining stories. These fantasy series require some memory skills but overall, worth it!

I love all the characters but Thorn really resonates, he is so detailed and true to his nature through the story. The brownies provide great humour and Luc-Jon is a wonderful love interest. All in all, worth your time.
Matthew Siemers
Best of the trilogy. I was interested all the way through. The author's writing style is still a little confusing. There was on part that I reread 3 or 4 times and I still don't know how something happened. Other than the little bit of confusion I really enjoyed the end of the Shadow War novels.
Ian James
everyone downs on this book/series as much as the movie. I loved the movie it brought me fantasy on TV/Movie Screen. While not great it filed in more of the world of Willow.
Larry
This was the best of the series by far. Great job of pulling all the details of the story together and tying up the loose ends. Long live the dragons.
Rebecca
I love this whole series! I think this book draws nicely off the other two and the story is wrapped up very nicely.
Azariphale
The final chapter in the Shadow War saga. A great close to a great series.
Karaline Everett
A great finish to the shadow war chronicles
Tai Sanders
The end of the series . It is great .....
Eden
See my review for Shadow Moon.
Matthew Collins
Horrible! It was the worst ending they could have possibly thought of. It was silly, not a very good twist, and the concept was just ludicrous. I don't know, maybe people liked it, I just didn't at all. I felt the characters became dull, the focus was on all the wrong things, and then the villain seemed awkwardly powerful only to find out at the end that there was not a very good or for that matter not even a very clear motive for the whole thing. It kind of makes you wonder why bother with the ...more
Vincent Asaro
One of the craziest and most imaginative fantasies I've ever read. A truly magical book.

In this third volume of the Shadow War Chronicles, Lucas and Claremont pull out all the stops. All of the elements of the two previous installments plus a whole slew of new ones come into play, building to a truly epic climax -- not the usual epic fantasy mega-battle, but a journey through time & space that connects the whole thing to the movie, "Willow" (1988), and ties all the complex strands of the tri
Alison S
Read these three books years ago, but remembered really liking them and being bummed that there were only three. Alos, surprised when i realised that the movie Willow was a part of this.
Elizabeth
Jul 30, 2008 Elizabeth marked it as to-read
I started this book but didn't finish. Maybe because I read the first two back to back within 2 weeks. By the time I got to the third one, I was a bit "fantasy/science fictioned" out.
[Name Redacted]
Nov 27, 2007 [Name Redacted] marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy, epic-fantasy
I loved "Shadow Moon", but detested "Shadow Dawn" so much that I couldn't bear to read the third installment. I think enough time has passed that I can finally give "Shadow Star" a try.
Kerry
Picks up right where the second book left off. Some good battle scenes, and a surprising turn towards the end, but the end is as good as Claremont endings get.
Christal
So I read the third book after all and it was... okay. It was better than the second but not great. I did not care for the ending, but what can you do?
Jenny
Once again, not how I would have ended the series but, hey, you can't please everyone.
Jenn
Shadow Star (Chronicles of the Shadow War, Book 3) by Chris Claremont (2000)
Justin
Why did I read the whole series? Why did I hate myself?
Bluelily3
Bluelily3 marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Verin
Verin marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Sarah added it
Dec 02, 2014
  • Willow
  • The Book of Taltos (Vlad Taltos, #4-5)
  • The Lesser Kindred (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #2)
  • The Brega Path (The Silver Call, #2)
  • The Ancient (Corona: Saga of the First King, #2)
  • Well of Darkness (Sovereign Stone, #1)
  • The Losers / High Hunt
  • The Eagle and the Sword (Arthor, #2)
  • Turning the Storm (Eliana's Song, #2)
  • Deryni Tales
  • The Last Dragonlord (Dragonlord, #1)
  • Grand Conspiracy (Wars of Light & Shadow #5; Arc 3 - Alliance of Light, #2)
  • Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart (Firekeeper Saga, #2)
  • Shadowlight (Loremasters of Elundium, #3)
Chris Claremont is a writer of American comic books, best known for his 16-year (1975-1991) stint on Uncanny X-Men, during which the series became one of the comic book industry's most successful properties.

Claremont has written many stories for other publishers including the Star Trek Debt of Honor graphic novel, his creator-owned Sovereign Seven for DC Comics and Aliens vs Predator for Dark Hors
More about Chris Claremont...
X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga X-Men: Days of Future Past Wolverine X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills X-Men: Mutant Genesis