Start by marking “El retorno del guerrero” as Want to Read:
El retorno del guerrero

El retorno del guerrero (Brotherhood/MacAllister #6)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  2,410 ratings  ·  70 reviews
Fiercely devoted to her people and her land, Queen Adara refuses to let a power-mad usurper steal her crown. A proud, tormented warrior, Christian of Acre owes allegiance only to the mysterious Brotherhoodand has no wish to be king over anyone but himself, yet she demand he accompany her back... or, at the very least, provide her with an heir to her throne. Can he deny the ...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Punto de Lectura (first published April 26th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about El retorno del guerrero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El retorno del guerrero

Zeek
I finished Kinley Macgregor’s Return of the Warrior. Per usual, Macgregor (aka Sherrilyn Kenyon) repeated one phrase too much- she seems to find one word or phrase that fascinates her in each of her stories and reuses it way to much. This one?

“Gimlet Stare”.

::blink::

Huh?

Counted it 4 times, when one was more than enough. Plus, as said before, she introduces way too many characters- obviously so she can start a series. Yet Again, I somehow ended up with an ok feeling about the book.

I'm feeling la
Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
I loved Lutian, Ioan, Corryn and Phantom but I don't like Christian and Adara in this story. The story is a little bit dragging. Am I being fussy? I'm quite frustrated. I rather reading Born in Sin (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #3) by Kinley MacGregor & Master of Desire (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #1) by Kinley MacGregor again.

I can't accept how Christian just make love to Adara after calling her whore.. after being brainwash by Lutian. The make love scene make me feel angry. You can't just consummates the marriage like that. And you can't just walk away after done with it. Oh no!!! I can't tolerate with it.

It was not
Katy
Nov 16, 2009 Katy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Katy by: just came across it
WOW! I loved this book, this book was the first book of the 'brotherhood' series I read even though it was the 5th (from what i remember) in the series it was far one of the best books I’ve read.

The brotherhood series is basically a secret band of people who have survived the holy land and came back stronger yet scared from their experiences. They form a brotherhood and protect each other, vowing if any other is in need they will help. They escaped from an Arab prison during the crusades where
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Gizella Tóth
Nincs mese, imádom Kenyont, még ha MacGregornak híják is. Pontosan azt kaptam, amit vártam: habkönnyű kikapcsolódást ármánnyal, kalandokkal, izgalmakkal és romantikával (na jó, szexszel, amiről le tudtam volna mondani:) és persze a kötelező happy enddel, nehogy sérülés érje érzékeny lelkemet. Az egyetlen hiányérzetet a többi rész szereplőinek emlegetése, ám nem megjelenése okozta. Kénytelen leszek elővenni a sorozatot, és felidézni, ki kicsoda. :)
Roxanne
4.5 Stars

I loved this book so much. Not only did I LOVE Christian but I adored Adara.
Jisela
Historia igual de fantástica a las demás. Le doy 4 estrellas para un 4.5 como calificación.

Tenemos a Christian como protagonista, un hombre igual de profundo y atormentado que los demás. Adara, la princesa y esposa de Christian me parece genial, muy comprometida comprensiva, y sobre todo apasionada. Amé ambos personajes, en mi opinión se complementan perfectamente, hacen una pareja genial. Ese magnetismo que los une desde el primer momento, esa chispa que poco a poco va creciendo entre ellos y e
Stefanie
Adara lives for her country, while Christian doesn't want to be owned by anyone or anything. And yet they are married.
Adara has been waiting for years for Christian to return home and claim his throne. But when he sends no word of his whereabouts and the situation becomes very dire, she decides to go get him herself.

Adara is a lovely heroine. She is very aware of her responsabilities and yet she doens't act like a queen who feels herself to be more than anyone else. There is only one thing she
Kathrynn
Adara and Christian married when they were 8 and 12 years old, then went off to live their lives until they were old enough to consummate their vows.

Christian never showed to claim Adara and the validity of the marriage is questioned, so she hunts him down. Well, let me say, the consummation was completed and Christian had a lot to learn about women! By the end of the book, he only slightly redeemed himself.
Louisa
I enjoyed reading about Christian and Adara so much! They were awesome and so good! Though I wonder what happened at the end of the 3rd last chapter, when Christian get's a knife thrown at him! I want to know what happened right after, but it's never mentioned!

*First read July 11th 2012*
Oh, great book, real;y funny, hope for more historical books soon!
Tonya Morris
While I enjoyed this story, I must agree with other reviewers that the plot really drags. For me, there were SEVERAL times I felt the book could have ended, but just kept going. I am happy to note that the relationship took time to grow..... But that doesn't mean the storyline needed to have the reader actually feel the time dragging along.
What I "liked" about the story, (and please, it is an Historical Romance... we are talking about Virgins having S-E-X for the next first time!) out of all th
Tatiana
Ohh mi Dios Lochlan MacCallister!!!! No puedo creer que así se termine esta saga doble, la verdad quede con muchas ganas de historias de los miembros de la hermandad de la espada, pero bueno así es la Kenyon.
Lochlan como un Laird de su clan tiene un sentido del deber y la familia increibles, lo que lo lleva a tomar una travesia para saber de su hermano Kieran. Es brutal lo que pasa. Brutal. Me encantó como se mezclo todo con la hermandad. Me hizo falta Ewan :(

Catarina es una loca, solo ella podí
Jacqueline
Nov 30, 2014 Jacqueline rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who love strong, heroic characters
Recommended to Jacqueline by: Me, Myself, and I
Adara and Christian- such heroic, amazingly strong characters!

I absolutely adored the take-charge nature of Adara's character and the honor-charge nature of Christian. Both were the quintessential romance story, for the two undoubtedly needed each other. I was very impressed with the plot of this book because it definitely seemed to be splotchy on its surface (at least after having read the book synopsis), which was perhaps why it took me so long to start reading this book. However, as always,
Joy
Kinley MacGregor (Sherrilyn Kenyon) is climbing up my favorite authors ladder.

I can safely say that after 2 full-length novels and 1 short story, she's one of my favorite historical romance authors. This one is a keeper, I didn't even mind the hero with the tortured past formula. Christine of Acre wasn't the overly bitter and cranky hero, and Adara is my usual type of heroine - strong-willed, hardheaded (for a good reason), and fierce.

They matched well together and I liked how their characters a
Cotito Hernández
Bien esta es la segunda parte de la saga de “La Hermandad de la Espada” Lo comencé a leer, porque era de aquellas veces en que sientes esa cosa rara de “TIENES” que leerlo, no era una opción, sino más bien un deber, uno que te nace cuando la primera entrega es buena y crees que la segunda quizás sea mejor y pues bien, esta vez, sí, lo fue. Deno recalcar que ayudó bastante el hecho de que estuviera basado en esta época, lo que hace que un interés más bien del pasado ayude bastante, pero en fin.

Bi
Shiran
Christian of Acre is a prince who wishes to never return to his home land and become the king he is. Having spent years in a Saracen prison and escaping, Christan has vowed to help those still held captive and in loyal only to the Brotherhood of the Sword. But when his wife Queen Adara shows up and quite literally bares herself to him, he realises that you cannot fight fate.

Adara is the kind of woman I know I would be friends with, she is strong and proud but when it comes to saving her people s
Kathy
Britta
Two souls both desperate for a family cling together in the hopes for salvation. Can they save themselves? Can they save each other? Can they save the kingdoms each is supposed to rule?

Queen Adara has ruled without her husband since she was seven. Waiting for her beloved was her only goal but the power hungry steward of the neighboring country is pressuring her to denounce her husband as dead. Instead, Adara wishes to find the man she has always loved and bring him home so he can finally help he
Zai
This is the sixth book in the Brotherhood Series and I was expecting it to be nearly as good as the first 3, but truly, expectation hurts. I am terribly disappointed with this one, seems like Adara and Christian are just another version of the H/h in the first three books. The way they think and make decisions are uncomfortably similar. Even the description of the character's lovemakings are done in the same manner, like, you know licking fingers, guiding hands and all...well I don't have to go ...more
Jill Twigg
Love a book that can make me laugh. Enjoyed the bantering between Adara and Christian as well as the fool Lutien and some of the Brotherhood. The story begins with (Queen) Adara sneaking off from her country to look for a man that she married when she was a very young child to help save her people from a tyrant. This is the second book I believe in the Brotherhood of the Sword series, so I will have to look for the others. Looking forward to the stories of the other men in the Brotherhood.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Enough synopsis' are written, so my added comment is this:

This was a great series written by SK aka KM. It didn't go over well & out came the Dark Hunter books. This series was abandoned. I think too soon. Although I did not really go for the king and queen bit of the story, the romance was great. The action and fight of the Brotherhood was great etc. I did love the "Fool" Lutian. He was funny as hell, and then you hear his story which makes everything he already said even funnier.

I wish thi
Trudy Miner
Threatened by a power-hungry relative and devoted to her people, Queen Adara leaves her Middle Eastern kingdom and travels to England in search of her husband whom she married when the were both children. Unfortunately, Christian of Acre doesn't remember marrying her; they were children after all! Until they were attacked in his rooms by her uncle's soldiers, Christian refused to help her. Queen Adara wants him to return with her or, provide her with an heir so that her kingdom is safe from a ta ...more
Melissa
Adara and Christian are "married" and have been since about the age of seven. Christian's parents then die and his life takes him to various parts of Europe. He seems to think he was never married but that it was just an betrothal. He is dedicated to the Brotherhood of the Sword and helping its various members to readjust to normal lives. As he is making a life for himself as an adult, Adara seeks him out and wants him to return with her to their kingdom. Although he is tempted by Adara he doesn ...more
PepperP0t
As teasingly declared by Stryder of Blackmoor, a day would come when Prince Christian of Acre would not be able to ignore his throne or his betrothed. Queen Adara, at wit's end decides she must have her husband rule by her side as she cannot continue to keep both kingdoms, both thrones
This entire review and others can be found at: http://www.ireadthatbook.com
Maura
Celestita Giron
Que fantástica continuación de una serie tan buena como la de Kinley MacGregor. Sin duda, de las mejores que le leido
Becky
I loved this book. Always a sucker for a damaged character and hoping he finds happiness.
Precious of The Flipping Bookworm
Totally loved this one! I am just so glad that I decided to continue reading this series.
Shaye Lowe
My favorite in the series so far. Loved the political intrigue.
SANDRA
This series gets better and better like a fine wine... :)

This is the story of Prince Christian and his Queen Adara. How a very powerful queen goes after her king to return him to his thrown.. And end up falling in love, and bring a upsurper to his knees it was def a great story to read about. I fell in love with Christian!! Than again i am a love whore when it comes to the brotherhood..

It def helped to know more of the brotherhood but did nothing to answer the many questions I have about the s
  • Where's My Hero?  (Gamblers, #3 / Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5 / Splendid, #3.5)
  • Highland Angel (Murray Family, #7)
  • Master of Torment (Blood Sword Legacy, #2)
  • Highlander Unmasked (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #2)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • Seducing a Scottish Bride (MacKenzie, #6)
  • Desiring the Highlander (The McTiernays, #3)
  • A Scotsman in Love
  • The Hellion and the Highlander (Devil of the Highlands, #3)
  • Complete Abandon
  • A Fiery Baptism (Mills & Boon Romance, #3499)

Brotherhood/MacAllister (7 books)
  • Master of Desire (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #1)
  • Claiming the Highlander (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #2)
  • Born in Sin (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #3)
  • Taming the Scotsman (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #4)
  • A Dark Champion (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #5)
  • The Warrior (Brotherhood/MacAllister Series, #7)
Sword of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #1) Born in Sin (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #3) Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2) Master of Desire (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #1) Taming the Scotsman (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #4)

“Only a fool would be fighting them, my queen, and though I am a fool, I’m not that foolish. (Lutian)” 3 likes
“She reached up to place her fingertips to his lips as she stared up at him with a warm, tender expression. "I wish you had come home to me so that I could have helped you."

He pulled the cloth away from her face and stared at her for a hard second. "Had I known what was waiting for me, my lady, I would have."

-Christian and Adara”