Start by marking “Holy Fire: The Battle for Christ's Tomb” as Want to Read:
Holy Fire: The Battle for Christ's Tomb

Holy Fire: The Battle for Christ's Tomb

An insightful look at the ?miracle? that has led to centuries of controversy and hostility within the Christian faith. Every year the ?miracle? of the Holy Fire is enacted in front of hundreds of the faithful at Jerusalem's Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the church built around the purported tomb of Jesus of Nazareth. For centuries, Orthodox Christian pilgrims have made the ...more
Published December 1st 2005 by MacAdam/Cage Publishing (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Holy Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holy Fire

Oct 28, 2011 Fiona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I chose this book because I was taking a trip to Israel and wanted to have some sort of background on the religious tension there. For the first few chapters I was frustrated with the book as I felt I wan't getting the information I wanted, but there was so much information. As I continued, I realised that this information was necessary to understand more recent events.
So much has happened in Israel, so many different religions and Victoria Clark does a superb job of tying them all together, or
May 17, 2008 Tiffany rated it liked it
The history was certainly interesting and I learned a lot from this book. People are appalling, and the US is full of big fat hypocrites. That's mostly what I've learned. Seriously, though, interesting discussion, although I found the author's transitional prose to be juvenile. Definitely good preparatory reading for a trip to the Holy Land.
Cathy Johnson
Cathy Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2012
Doug rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Fresh And
Fresh And rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2014
Miguel A.
Miguel A. rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Michael rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2013
Everett rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012