Start by marking “X-Force: Famous, Mutant & Mortal (X-Statix) (Hardcover)” as Want to Read:
X-Force: Famous, Mutant & Mortal (X-Statix) (Hardcover)

X-Force: Famous, Mutant & Mortal (X-Statix) (Colección Extra Superhéroes: X-Statix #1)

Long persecuted for their genetic differences, some mutants are cashing in on their special gifts. Widely accepted by the general populace, the all-new, all-different X-Force stands in defense of the free world. . . but only if they get paid. A story about money, race, sexuality and America's obsession with celebrities -- disguised as a super hero comic.
Published December 1st 2002 by Marvel Comics Group

To ask other readers questions about X-Force, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Force

Jason
Feb 09, 2013 Jason rated it it was amazing
It's Amazing that you can be attached after only 14 issues to a bunch of characters you've never heard of before. I'm a big fan of allred's art, so I was already on board the moment I found out about his involvement. But milligan's storytelling, which I'm not familiar with, was a nice surprise. The two styles-art and writing-worked together wonderfully, and I can't wait to read the rest of the story in the x-statix omnibus I recently ordered from amazon!
Jessica
Mar 12, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Seemingly fame obsessed mutant team by Vertigo style creators. Many previous 90's style big guns fans hated it. I welcomed the change to the X-Force name, adored the art (Allred is an example of an artist that can draw women that look different), and loved the characters.
Variaciones Enrojo
Reseña de Jordi T. Pardo para Zona Negativa:

“Están muertos. [...] Aunque si fuera ustedes, yo no me desharía de mi merchandising de Fuerza-X… porque es probable que su valor suba por las nubes”
Temidos y odiados por un mundo al que han jurado proteger frente a cualquier tipo de peligro o amenaza. Esa ha sido la contradictoria realidad a la que han tenido que hacer frente desde siempre los mutantes creados por Stan Lee y Jack Kirby, ha sido así desde el primer
Javier Muñoz
Nov 05, 2016 Javier Muñoz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
tras algunas desastrosas etapas de X-force, les dieron carta blanca a Milligan y Allred para que hicieran lo que quisieran con la serie rompiendo si era necesario con todo lo anterior, y vaya si se lo tomaron en serio... personajes inadaptados con poderes muy raros, con nombres como mister sensible(luego el huérfano), el anarquista o doop... abuso de alcohol y drogas, juergas y orgías, tratamiento sin tapujos de temas como la homosexualidad y el racismo, interés cero en el bien común...

es un gir
Feather Mista
Mar 09, 2010 Feather Mista rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Todo el mundo.
Recommended to Feather by: La curiosidad y sus autores.
Esta serie la leí en números sueltos, pero tenerla toda junta en semejante tochonazo debe ser una experiencia espectacular, digna de una mezcla de los más adictivos alucinógenos con lo mejor del mundo del comic y lo peor del de la tv. Ojalá lo consiga en algún momento, sea esta edición u otras más económicas.
La Revistería Comics
Integralazo con la revoluciotrunca X-Force de los sinvergüenzas de Milligan & Alllred.
Matt Graupman
Aug 22, 2015 Matt Graupman rated it it was ok
I'm not a fan of superhero comics like I once was. I still enjoy a good superhero movie but I find the comics nowadays to be too repetitive and uninspired; the stories, if they're not reboots or retreads, usually fall flat, existing as filler between generic fight scenes. I was intrigued, however, to read Peter Milligan' and Mike Allred's "X-Force" because it promised to be a subversive exploration of superpowered beings in our greedy, celebrity-obsessed culture. The reality was that it was whin ...more
Andrew
Oct 06, 2009 Andrew rated it did not like it
Probably my least favorite Milligan effort of all time. Allred is in fine form, but the themes of media and celebrtiy are simplistic at best and precious at worst.
P.K. Lentz
P.K. Lentz rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2015
Josh
Josh rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2012
Lou Rosen
Lou Rosen rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2011
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
MORBUS UNTERMOND
MORBUS UNTERMOND rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2014
Gabriel Skoog
Gabriel Skoog rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2008
Doyle
Doyle rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Albert
Albert rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Rachel Johannigmeier
Rachel Johannigmeier rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Richie Churm
Richie Churm rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2014
Brandon
Brandon rated it liked it
May 13, 2008
Joe Wygocki
Joe Wygocki rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2011
Glen
Glen rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Chloe A-L
Chloe A-L rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Sauron
Sauron rated it liked it
May 15, 2015
Arianna Haviv
Arianna Haviv rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Joseph
Joseph rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Red Rocket 7
  • Agents of Atlas
  • She-Hulk, Volume 2: Superhuman Law
  • Black Panther: Enemy Of The State (Black Panther)
  • Scooter Girl
  • The Incredible Hercules: Secret Invasion
  • Hellboy Library Edition, Volume 4: The Crooked Man and the Troll Witch (Hellboy, #7,10)
  • The Uncanny X-Men Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • New X-Men by Grant Morrison Ultimate Collection - Book 2
  • Heavy Liquid
  • The Punisher MAX, Vol. 2
  • El Borbah
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 2
  • Mage: The Hero Discovered (Mage: The Hero Discovered #1-15)
  • Formerly Known as the Justice League
  • Daredevil Omnibus
19445
Peter Milligan is a British writer, best known for his work on X-Force / X-Statix, the X-Men, & the Vertigo series Human Target. He is also a scriptwriter.

He has been writing comics for some time and he has somewhat of a reputation for writing material that is highly outlandish, bizarre and/or absurd.

His highest profile projects to date include a run on X-Men, and his X-Force revamp that relau
More about Peter Milligan...

Colección Extra Superhéroes: X-Statix (3 books)
  • X-Statix: De entre los muertos (Colección Extra Superhéroes, #66; X-Statix, #3)
  • X-Statix: Buenos presagios (Colección Extra Superhéroes, #47; X-Statix, #2)