Start by marking “My 'g' Sound Box” as Want to Read:
My 'g' Sound Box

My 'g' Sound Box

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A little girl fills her sound box with many words beginning with the letter 'g'.
Published August 1st 2000 by Child's World (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about My 'g' Sound Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My 'g' Sound Box

Meg McGregor
This book is one in a series of books that concentrate on one letter of the alphabet and in this one, it is the letter G.

In this one, Little G decides he wants to fill up the box with items that begin with the letter G.

Little ones will like the use of the same letter and will enjoy learning so many new words.

The only thing that I don't like are the pictures. For little ones, it is important for the pictures to be special; especially in a vocabulary book like this one.
Love IT! I would love to get my hands on each and every My "letter" Box book! These books are such a great tools to introduce phonics and letter sounds. I love the way that Jane creates a story using different objects that have the G sound. I would love to use this book in a kindergarten classroom and as a resource for the students to use throughout the school year.
Yates Marie
This book is about a little girl names little g and she puts only things that begin with g in her box. This is good for early readers because they can look at the pictures to help them figure out what some of the words are. Also Little G puts animals in her box that begin with the letter G.
Celticoracle
With the goats and the gorilla dancing together, I think this is the favourite of the series so far for both Mini-Me and me. This book really makes her giggle, which makes me smile. And it's fun to read, too!
Andd Becker
Linda Hohag's lovely illustrations of a girl, two goats, a gorilla, a goose, and a gander make this book fun for young readers to read.
Carol
I love this whole series of books for reinforcing the letter sounds. These are a great addition to our phonics text.
Melissa
Great book for children learning the sounds of the letter G, the author actually has it for all letters and more.
Ruthanne
These books are great for recognizing objects with /g/ sounds as well as saying words.
Emily
Good book for reviewing the letter "G" and its sounds.
Dallas Madden
Nov 24, 2012 Dallas Madden is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
good
Purley College
Purley College marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Michal Steinberg
Michal Steinberg marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Rici
Rici marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
W
W added it
Nov 24, 2013
Pamela Cogswell-reed
Pamela Cogswell-reed marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
Conquering Dinner
Conquering Dinner marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Jane Belk Moncure (born December 1926) is an American author of early childhood non-fiction, fiction and poetry. She has also written under the names Bruce Wannamaker and Jennie Davis.

Moncure has lived in Virginia and North Carolina. She worked in early childhood education for thirty-five years. She lives in Elon College, North Carolina.

Moncure is a creative and prolific author: there are millions
More about Jane Belk Moncure...
A dragon in a wagon (Magic castle readers) My "a" book (My first steps to reading) What Do You Say When a Monkey Acts This Way? (Magic Castle Readers) My 'b' Sound Box My 'c' Sound Box