Start by marking “Sporadic Memories” as Want to Read:
Sporadic Memories

Sporadic Memories

Sporadic Memories is an easy read. It is written poetically, which gives it justice. It begins the way it ends.Sporadic Memories is a novel about a lifestyle that needs to be read.
Published June 1st 2008 by Saga Books

To ask other readers questions about Sporadic Memories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sporadic Memories

Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Thirteenth Tale by Diane SetterfieldFallen by Lauren KateNew Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Best Book Cover Art
6,007 books — 5,559 voters
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodAnne of Green Gables by L.M. MontgomeryThe Book of Negroes by Lawrence HillLife of Pi by Yann MartelThe English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
Canadian Fiction
690 books — 509 voters

More lists with this book...

Ali
Mar 19, 2009 Ali rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: on-my-table
I should have been the first one to rate my novel as I am so very proud of myself and my work!

I hope you enjoy(ed) it!?

Sincerely,
Ali :)
Oliver
Jan 09, 2009 Oliver rated it it was amazing
I agree with my wife, beautifully written. I was a bit sad thinking that I haven't done enough in my life outside of work after reading this book. I think I will retire for sure now!
Erma Odrach
Jul 23, 2009 Erma Odrach rated it it was amazing
This is not a novel in the normal sense of the word but a novel of poetry; it is about love and loss and about time and life. The apple on the cover symbolizes ecstasy, fertility, abundance and love, and when an apple tree is planted on pg. 160, it brings with it inspiration. I love the recipes that follow: apple pie, curried apple soup, apple butter and more. I even tried a couple (apple baked pancakes and apple jelly) and both were really good. Honest and engaging, this is a book from the hear ...more
Bridget
Feb 05, 2009 Bridget rated it liked it
I will admit that this book was hard to read at times. Even though I was prepared for that because of what the back of the book said I still had to put it down sometimes and take a breather. The way the main character feels about her partner is how I feel about my husband and I just kept thinking about how I would feel if he were to pass away.
Urenna Sander
Sep 02, 2009 Urenna Sander rated it it was amazing
Throughout the book, Ali Marsman’s writing invoked almost continuous, intense love and yearning. The person, who I presume passed, was much loved and revered. Some passages are beautifully written and heartfelt. The theme appeared to be apples, which is depicted on her book cover.

Apples have many symbolisms, but I think the symbols in Ali’s book are love, beauty, and remembrance. The apple tree represents immortality; the person will always be alive in their heart. There are several apple recip
Bhumi
Nov 06, 2009 Bhumi rated it did not like it
Shelves: own, first-reads
I received this book from First Reads giveaway.

I thought this was a mediocre book. There were a few touching parts, but sometimes it seemed slightly amateur.
Shannon
Sep 04, 2009 Shannon rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
So, this book was not what I was expecting at all. And I have to admit that after reading the back cover, I was really not excited. That was the worst back cover writing I think I've ever read!
Now, the book itself read more like a poem. A very, very long poem. In some ways I liked this as it was unique and felt very melodious and peaceful, tranquil and soft, serene and soulful... However, the book/poem was truly about 100 pages too long. And I got a little tired of reading kind of the same thing
Tara bosch
Feb 16, 2009 Tara bosch rated it it was amazing
i have known ali for a long time and this book i love so much that i couldnt put it down and when i was done reading it the first i had to read it again. he work is so great that it touches me keep up the great work ali my sista love ya
Deseree
Feb 20, 2009 Deseree rated it it was amazing
I throughly enjoyed the book, yes it was not your normal read but I loved the recipes and the women empowerment. It certainly reflecs the title and you just may sporadically read it! I can't wait for the next edition!!!
Lady
Jul 10, 2009 Lady rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Written entirely in poetry the plot is elusive but the romance between these two artists is vividly and uniquely evoked. This is definitely an interesting book that paints a relationship rather than telling a story.
Jeanette
May 26, 2009 Jeanette rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: The world!!
This is an amazing book!! I recommend it to all! I know once you pick it up, you wont be able to put it down, magical words Ali, Keep the books coming! LOVE IT!!!!!!
Jeanette
Jul 29, 2008 Jeanette rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!
This is an amazing read. I recommend you read it, I can't wait for the next one to come out..............
Frances
Jan 09, 2009 Frances rated it it was amazing
I had an appreciation for life, but since reading this novel, even more so.
Beautifully written/inspiring and by a Canadian author!
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2009
TeeBee
TeeBee rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2017
Luke
Luke rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2017
Ivy
Ivy rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2009
Robert Cunningham
Robert Cunningham rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2009
Elisha Johnson
Elisha Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2017
Grace Brewster
Jul 07, 2009 Grace Brewster rated it it was amazing
I met the author. Such a creative soul!
Sadie
Sadie rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2017
Lacresha
Lacresha rated it really liked it
May 15, 2009
Terry Burke
Terry Burke rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2015
Mollianna
Mollianna rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2009
Deaidra Coleman
Deaidra Coleman rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2015
Casa Margaritas
Casa Margaritas rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2017
Penelope J
Penelope J rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2009
Kiarash Farahbakhsh
Kiarash Farahbakhsh rated it liked it
May 21, 2009
Yankeebell
Yankeebell rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2011
Samuel
Samuel rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2010
  • Wave of Terror
  • A Child's Wound
  • Second Chances
  • Leyla's Locket (Sera Chronicles, #1)
  • Mourning Doves and other stories.
  • Duel of Hearts
  • When the Leaves Stop Falling
  • Sammi Ever After
  • Redemption
  • Ménage à 20, Tales with a hook
  • Molly September
  • Murder Off the Books (Sullivan Investigations Mystery, #1)
  • Knight of Glory (Kingdom of Arnhem, #2)
  • The Hidden Will of the Dragon (Countess Elizabeth Bathory #2)
  • The Last Apprentice
  • The Samson Effect
  • Captive Spirit
  • Confidential Communications
Ali Marsman was born in Nova Scotia in 1978; she spent twenty-five years living there, and now lives in British Columbia. Her first books, 'Heal With Me' and 'Our Journey Goes On' sent her on a journey throughout Canada presenting motivational workshops and speeches, in schools, group homes, shelters, and within various other organizations and societies.

Ali has received many awards for her writin
More about Ali Marsman...

“Week 51:
Believe that everyone has good intentions, and keep yours the same.”
7 likes
“Week 34:
Write a love letter to yourself, and then give yourself to someone as special.”
6 likes