Start by marking “Sporadic Memories” as Want to Read:
Sporadic Memories

Sporadic Memories

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Sporadic Memories is an easy read. It is written poetically, which gives it justice. It begins the way it ends.Sporadic Memories is a novel about a lifestyle that needs to be read.
Published June 1st 2008 by Saga Books

To ask other readers questions about Sporadic Memories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sporadic Memories

Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Thirteenth Tale by Diane SetterfieldFallen by Lauren KateNew Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Best Book Cover Art
95th out of 5,319 books — 5,117 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareBlood Promise by Richelle MeadHunted by P.C. CastEvermore by Alyson Noel
Books for 2009
204th out of 575 books — 2,392 voters

More lists with this book...

Oliver
I agree with my wife, beautifully written. I was a bit sad thinking that I haven't done enough in my life outside of work after reading this book. I think I will retire for sure now!
Ali
May 19, 2009 Ali rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: on-my-table
I should have been the first one to rate my novel as I am so very proud of myself and my work!

I hope you enjoy(ed) it!?

Sincerely,
Ali :)
Erma Odrach
This is not a novel in the normal sense of the word but a novel of poetry; it is about love and loss and about time and life. The apple on the cover symbolizes ecstasy, fertility, abundance and love, and when an apple tree is planted on pg. 160, it brings with it inspiration. I love the recipes that follow: apple pie, curried apple soup, apple butter and more. I even tried a couple (apple baked pancakes and apple jelly) and both were really good. Honest and engaging, this is a book from the hear ...more
Bridget
I will admit that this book was hard to read at times. Even though I was prepared for that because of what the back of the book said I still had to put it down sometimes and take a breather. The way the main character feels about her partner is how I feel about my husband and I just kept thinking about how I would feel if he were to pass away.
Urenna Sander
Throughout the book, Ali Marsman’s writing invoked almost continuous, intense love and yearning. The person, who I presume passed, was much loved and revered. Some passages are beautifully written and heartfelt. The theme appeared to be apples, which is depicted on her book cover.

Apples have many symbolisms, but I think the symbols in Ali’s book are love, beauty, and remembrance. The apple tree represents immortality; the person will always be alive in their heart. There are several apple recip
Bhumi
I received this book from First Reads giveaway.

I thought this was a mediocre book. There were a few touching parts, but sometimes it seemed slightly amateur.
Shannon
So, this book was not what I was expecting at all. And I have to admit that after reading the back cover, I was really not excited. That was the worst back cover writing I think I've ever read!
Now, the book itself read more like a poem. A very, very long poem. In some ways I liked this as it was unique and felt very melodious and peaceful, tranquil and soft, serene and soulful... However, the book/poem was truly about 100 pages too long. And I got a little tired of reading kind of the same thing
Tara bosch
i have known ali for a long time and this book i love so much that i couldnt put it down and when i was done reading it the first i had to read it again. he work is so great that it touches me keep up the great work ali my sista love ya
Lady
Written entirely in poetry the plot is elusive but the romance between these two artists is vividly and uniquely evoked. This is definitely an interesting book that paints a relationship rather than telling a story.
Deseree
I throughly enjoyed the book, yes it was not your normal read but I loved the recipes and the women empowerment. It certainly reflecs the title and you just may sporadically read it! I can't wait for the next edition!!!
Jeanette
May 26, 2009 Jeanette rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: The world!!
This is an amazing book!! I recommend it to all! I know once you pick it up, you wont be able to put it down, magical words Ali, Keep the books coming! LOVE IT!!!!!!
Frances
I had an appreciation for life, but since reading this novel, even more so.
Beautifully written/inspiring and by a Canadian author!
Brad
Dec 26, 2010 Brad added it
My Mom always said, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."
Grace Brewster
I met the author. Such a creative soul!
Danielle
A great read, I recommend to all:)
Jeanette
Mar 05, 2009 Jeanette rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!
This is an amazing read. I recommend you read it, I can't wait for the next one to come out..............
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Fardina
Fardina marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Kenny
Kenny added it
Oct 11, 2014
klo
klo marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Stunning Mess
Stunning Mess marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Micheline Hughes
Micheline Hughes marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Marcy
Marcy marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Yukki
Yukki marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Paola Vangjeli
Paola Vangjeli marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
  • Wave of Terror
  • A Child's Wound
  • When the Leaves Stop Falling
  • Mourning Doves and other stories.
  • Tuesday Tells it Slant
  • Second Chances
  • Leyla's Locket (Sera Chronicles, #1)
  • You Can Be Right or You Can Be Married: Love-Based Solutions for Couples
  • The Samson Effect
  • Eclipsed By Shadow (The Legend of the Great Horse, #1)
  • Molly September
  • Love Endures All Things: A Journey with Alzheimer´s
  • Sing the Light (Singers of Nevya, #1)
  • Once Upon a Christmas (Nobody, #2)
  • Better Late Than Never (The Smith Sister's Trilogy #1)
  • The Hidden Will of the Dragon (Countess Elizabeth Bathory #2)
  • Murder Off the Books (Sullivan Investigations Mystery, #1)
  • The Killing Hands (Sophie Anderson,  #4)
Ali Marsman was born in Nova Scotia in 1978; she spent twenty-five years living there, and now lives in British Columbia. Her first books sent her on a journey throughout Canada presenting motivational workshops and speeches, in schools, group homes, shelters, and within various other organizations and societies.

Ali has received many awards for her writing, and has been profiled in magazines, on
More about Ali Marsman...
Heal With Me & Our Journey Goes On

“Week 34:
Write a love letter to yourself, and then give yourself to someone as special.”
1 likes
“Week 51:
Believe that everyone has good intentions, and keep yours the same.”
1 likes