Start by marking “YouTube 4 You” as Want to Read:
YouTube 4 You

YouTube 4 You

VIEW. UPLOAD. SHARE. That's what YouTube is all about-viewing, uploading, and sharing your favorite videos. And the book you hold in your hands will help you get the most out of this hot website. You'll learn how to find the latest viral videos, share your favorite videos with friends and the YouTube community, and shoot and upload your own videos to the YouTube website. " ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Que (first published April 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about YouTube 4 You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about YouTube 4 You

Dan Hahn
Aug 29, 2007 Dan Hahn rated it it was ok
I was only interested in this book because I wanted to find out how to download movies from youtube into a file format that I can save on my computer. Here's what I learned: movies on youtube and other streaming video websites encode their movies as 'streaming' flash movies that cannot be downloaded directly. So what do you do if you see a video for a unique live musical performance and you want to get just the audio in order to burn to a music cd? Or what about downloading a music video that yo ...more
Dec 12, 2008 D'Anne rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is painful to read. Here's how it begins:

"You've been there. You've seen it. You know that YouTube is hot--because it's cool. That's why you like it. But what makes YouTube so cool--and so hot? It's all about videos, and about sharing them."

There is a small amount of useful information here, though nothing you couldn't find somewhere else or that couldn't be contained in a pamphlet some guy might hand you outside of a Gateway store urging you to join his cult of "YouTubers."
This book was published in 2007, so some of the information is outdated. Still, this is an easy introduction to people who have absolutely no experience with YouTube, whether it be watching or uploading videos. A lot of the advanced information I was looking for was included, but you could probably find it searching on Google. A great book to borrow from the library, but not one you necessarily should spend money on.
Oct 22, 2007 Michelle rated it liked it
Recommends it for: beginer youtube users
Shelves: reference, technology
I wanted to see what this book was about, so I checked it out from the library. Its wasn't too bad. Although a lot of the information you can get for yourself by just playing around with YouTube. I did discover a few things with this book. I would really recommend this book to people who know next to nothing about YouTube and want to get started on making movies for themselves.
Nov 04, 2007 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Great book -- Very informative! Provides detailed instructions and captured screen shots for how to access this media website. It provides info. for not only the very beginner (me), but more advanced users, as well.
Jan 15, 2008 Claire rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Nerds, Geeks, youtube users,
It has useful info. My brother uses it because he has an account on youtube. (NarutoUzumaki9tails is his username.) It is also good for learning how to download YouTube vids onto your iPod. :)
Cek  virabey
Cek virabey rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Cecilia rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2015
Monika Dec
Monika Dec rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Morgan rated it it was ok
Aug 26, 2013
Tansy rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Azarin Hajiyeva
Azarin Hajiyeva rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015
Feb 02, 2015 Terri rated it really liked it
Shelves: tech-help, 2015
A really good, complete guide to all things You Tube.
Mar 02, 2008 Forzewanna rated it did not like it
to read
Xandra rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Lord Kai
Lord Kai rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2010
Michael Miller received a Marketing degree from Indiana University in 1980. After graduation, he worked for seven years in his family's retail business, then spent twelve years in various positions at Macmillan Publishing. In his last position as Vice President of Business Strategy, he helped guide the strategic direction for the world's largest reference publisher and influence the shape of today ...more
More about Michael Miller...