Start by marking “Midori Days, Volume 1 (Midori Days, #1)” as Want to Read:
Midori Days, Volume 1 (Midori Days, #1)

Midori Days, Volume 1 (Midori Days #1)

Seiji Sawamura is the toughest seventeen-year-old in town, feared by all for his fighting prowess and his deadly "devil's right hand." But at heart, Seiji is a softy, and all hew wants is an end to his seventeen-year history of being a lonely single guy. Unfortunately, his tough-guy reputation only serves to decrease his popularity with the ladies.

Then one day, Seiji wakes
Published July 1st 2005 by Viz Media (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Midori Days, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midori Days, Volume 1

Rafaela
[Esta reseña corresponde a la serie completa, no solo al primer volumen. Contiene espóilers que aluden al contexto general de la historia, aunque no se exceden de la sinopsis].

El macho patotero de secundaria, generalmente con una atormentada relación con las mujeres (marcada por la timidez), es el héroe recurrente de Inoue, que en esta ocasión, su manga más célebre, se personifica en Seiji, un adolescente sin amigos que gana cualquier pelea sin mucho esfuerzo. Nunca ha tenido una novia y no se
Yuu Sasih
This review and rating are for all of the completed volumes.

Seiji is a notorious thug in his city, eventhough he actually never hit someone first. Because of his notoriousness, and his scary face, Seiji never had the chance to get a girlfriend. That's it, until one day his notorious right hand suddenly changing into a girl named Midori.

The idea is interesting, though it's a bit unrealistic how people around Seiji could easily accept Midori when they found out, but it's done in a comic and humoro
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
From the summary, it should be pretty evident that this is both a humorous manga and a very, very strange one. Manga in general has a reputation of being quite strange, and that's certainly a deserved reputation, although I wonder if it's really that much weirder than anything else, but whatever. Of the manga I've read, Midori Days is definitely one of the weirdest.

This is not to say that I didn't enjoy it, because I did. However, I also had some serious issues with it. The first couple volumes
Lucy
Jul 30, 2013 Lucy rated it really liked it
Seiji Sawamura is renowned and feared for his "devil's right hand". So feared in fact that no girl will dare go out with him! For seventeen years he's been single and miserable, until the night of his twentieth rejection-- when suddenly his right hand turns into a girl!

I really cannot stress just how much I love this series. When I first picked it up in EB (back when EB still sold manga and anime) I sort of wrinkled up my face in response to the back summary. A romantic comedy about a dude and a
Teresa
May 05, 2015 Teresa rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I saw the anime first and it was actually hilarious so I thought i'd read the manga. It's a fun piece of fluff, don't go into this expecting anything deep it's not meant to be that, it's meant to be funny and it is.

So you got your typical delinquent boy who everyone in school avoids but actually has a heart of gold and hes very hard up for a girlfriend...then one day he wakes up with a girl in place of his right hand. I think this is supposed to be a play on the whole concept of a "right hand m
Yue
Nov 06, 2015 Yue rated it it was ok
First I thought this was a shoujo. The plot is very girly to me. And it turned out it is a shounen... although it makes kind of sense, if you look at the art.

It is not a bad manga, it is funny, but very silly... and awkward. I seriously was not compelling to read it, but the woman that sells me manga recommended it to me several times, and one day, when I did not find anything else to buy -and I knew I could not leave with empty hands- I bought it.

How awkward is to have a girl -a girl who knows
Ulrike
Dec 29, 2015 Ulrike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: visual, 日本, 2015
This was so cute.

My boyfriend lent this to me when I left Japan, saying it was exactly the type of manga I would like. He was right.

It tells the story of Seiji, who is a high school bad boy, known for getting into fights. This guy wakes up one morning with an adorable girl for a right hand (you can imagine the many masturbation jokes), who tells him she's had a crush on him for years. The contrast between the cool, serious Seiji and the sweet, loving Midori is highly amusing, as they figure ou
hujanlia
Nov 11, 2008 hujanlia rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Nothing else Seiji Sawamura desires than having a girlfriend. But being a well known delinquent by the name of 'Mad Dog Sawamura', no girl dare to know him better.

Untill one day, his dream to be -literally- close to a girl came true. He woke up to find his right hand substituted by a tiny girl named Midori Kasugano.

This misplaced scheme of having a girlfriend stressed Seiji. On the other hand, Midori was very pleased because she said Seiji is her crush since quite a long time.

While trying to fi
Shan
Jan 16, 2013 Shan rated it really liked it
A boy finds he has lost a hand but gained a tiny girl with green hair. Her name is Midori which translates into the word 'green'. The story is more shoju than shonen. The girl is someone who has had a crush on the boy for some time.
He is considered by others to be a goof-off who loves to fight. While Midori is a shy,studious rather sheltered girl. The story is odd yet funny,romantic and touching.
There is even a visual allusion to the film 'Evil Dead' in one volume.
It is also an anime which
Miss Ryoko
Aug 12, 2013 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
Actual rating: 3.5

This was a cute and fun manga. I love Japanese manga for things like this - who thinks up a crazy storyline where a teenage boy's hand gets turned into the girl who is crushing on him? Only Japan :-p

Seiji kind of reminds me a mix of Vash from Trigun and Kyo from Fruits Basket. He's an interesting character.

The manga is silly. I'm looking forward to reading the rest (and yay for only 8 volumes!!)
Denise
Feb 11, 2009 Denise rated it liked it
Bucletina
Aug 18, 2015 Bucletina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta serie no me gustaba nada... Hasta que la leí. Gratísima sorpresa me llevé cuando vi que no era la típica serie ecchi hueca donde todo pasa por mostrar una teta (que lo hacen, pero no es el punto). Creo que la leí entera pero tendría que corroborarlo libro en mano, y ver cuándo reseño lo que me falta.
Lucie Lacoste
J'ai commencé à lire Midori Days en 2007. C'était ma première série de manga. Je la relis aujourd'hui avec grand plaisir.

Seiji, lycéen violent se réveille un matin avec une fille à la place de sa main droite Midori. Celle ci est folle de lui. Ils cherchent à savoir ce qu'il s'est passé. Une belle histoire
Dana *
Cute is only word to describe the relationship between boy and his .... hand?
The lonely boy makes a wish, and his right hand becomes a miniature girl who adores him.
Problem is, how do you get in fights, or ride a bike, or go to the bathroom with a girl for a hand?
Tara Calaby
Aug 03, 2008 Tara Calaby rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, glbtq-content
Light, fluffy and downright ODD in concept, this was a likeable but forgettable read. Will possibly pick up other books in the series, but don't feel a burning urge to do so.
Dan Grendell
Dan Grendell rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2009
Marjo
Marjo rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Deisy DeLuna
Deisy DeLuna rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2012
Nana
Nana rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2012
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Serenity Tuscumbia
Serenity Tuscumbia rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2012
Kruszer
Kruszer rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it did not like it
Jun 29, 2014
Silence...
Silence... rated it did not like it
Apr 26, 2015
uchie
uchie rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2007
Melisa
Melisa rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2011
Anu Sharma
Anu Sharma rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Hana Bilqisthi
Hana Bilqisthi rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2012
Rosalía
Rosalía rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2015
Maggie Loh
Maggie Loh rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
  • Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 3
  • Hayate the Combat Butler, Vol. 4
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2 (Azumanga Daioh, #2)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 06
  • Fate/stay night, Volume 2
  • Cherry Juice, Vol. 02
  • Full Metal Panic! Volume 2 (Full Metal Panic!, #2)
  • Flame of Recca, Vol. 01 (Flame of Recca, #1)
  • DearS, Vol. 4
  • 花君と恋する私 1 [Hana-kun to Koisuru Watashi 1]
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 4
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 8 (Boys Over Flowers, #8)
  • Silver Diamond 5
  • .hack//G.U.+, Volume 2 (.hack//G.U.+, #2)
Kazurou Inoue (井上 和郎, Inoue Kazurō) is a Japanese mangaka.

Born May 1, 1970, he received recognition for his manga Dream Security Mao (Dream Security マオ) at the 40th Rookie Comic Awards. After training under Kazuhiro Fujita, he published Heat Wave in Shōnen Sunday Super for a short while.

He is most known for Midori no Hibi (美鳥の日々, Midori Days) series which was adapted into a 13 episodes anime serie
More about Kazurou Inoue...

Midori Days (8 books)
  • Midori Days, Volume 2 (Midori Days, #2)
  • Midori Days, Volume 3 (Midori Days, #3)
  • Midori Days, Volume 4 (Midori Days, #4)
  • Midori Days, Volume 5 (Midori Days, #5)
  • Midori Days, Volume 6 (Midori Days, #6)
  • Midori Days, Volume 7 (Midori Days, #7)
  • Midori Days, Volume 8 (Midori Days, #8)