Start by marking “Toy Box Leadership: Leadership Lessons from the Toys You Loved as a Child” as Want to Read:
Toy Box Leadership: Leadership Lessons from the Toys You Loved as a Child

Toy Box Leadership: Leadership Lessons from the Toys You Loved as a Child

Reach back into your childhood and recapture the leadership principles you learned from your favorite toys.

What can LEGOS teach you about building your business through connection? How can Slinky Dog demonstrate the value of patience when you're growing your organization? What has every little boy learned from his Little Green Army Men that he can use in business strategy?
Published July 15th 2008 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Toy Box Leadership, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toy Box Leadership

Heather
Nov 25, 2016 Heather rated it liked it
As most other reviewers said, every paragraph is just a quote from another book he read. The author defines for us words like "latrine" (bathroom). He cited know your audience, yet defines the simplest words and concepts as if to a 4 year old. This book has a nice idea, but as others have said, the writing would not have passed any college class I took. It was like reading an outline, with an outline it it, with an outline it, with an outline in it......To Infinity and Beyond.

Becky Frost
Jun 13, 2016 Becky Frost rated it it was ok
I read this book as a recommendation from someone I know. And I must start out by saying that this book reads like someone's dream after watching Toy Story and they wanted to ride on that bandwagon with trying to give some cutesy, but terrible TED TALK on this subject. Seriously, this book reads like a horrible TED TALK written by a high school senior on the subject of "Leadership."

First off, it is dated. I mean it is stagnated to 2008. When the author talks about Blockbuster like it will rally
Todd Mckeever
Jun 28, 2012 Todd Mckeever rated it it was amazing

I truly enjoyed this book even as short as it was. Great book that made a connection to me as it used toys I was familiar with and inspired me to use it as a springboard to create my own lessons of toys and leadership lessons.
Melissa
Sep 03, 2009 Melissa rated it liked it
A fun way to look a leadership using childhood toys as metaphors. Some of the metaphors were a bit of a stretch. A few of the toy choices are a bit outdated and may not be recognized immediately by the younger generation. A quick read with some good ideas.
tracirw McClure Westbrook
May 16, 2009 tracirw McClure Westbrook rated it it was amazing
A great book!

Shared this book with an alliance of mine.

Use your toys, Share your toys and put your toys away :)
Efumarola
Jul 29, 2008 Efumarola is currently reading it
I love the analogies they draw. It really helps me mentally visualize and relate these skills back to people
Erin
Feb 20, 2012 Erin rated it it was amazing
This book is great for use with student leaders. It teaches 10 important lessons that people can learn from different childhood toys.
Jennifer Keegin
Jennifer Keegin rated it liked it
May 22, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Diana Sarao
Diana Sarao rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Malorie Robbins
Malorie Robbins rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Phillip
Phillip rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2015
Kelly Armes
May 20, 2016 Kelly Armes rated it it was amazing
Love how toys were used for such clear and relatable examples of situations for work!
Connie
Connie rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2014
Alexander Kay
Alexander Kay rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Lindsay Norman
Lindsay Norman rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Cody
Cody rated it liked it
May 05, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2010
April Romero
April Romero rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
John
John rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Christian
Christian rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Tyler Richter
Tyler Richter rated it it was ok
Feb 15, 2015
Joanne
Joanne rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2014
Rebecca Brooks
Feb 26, 2012 Rebecca Brooks rated it really liked it
Of the leadership books I have read, this one was just fun!
Lindsay Malone
Lindsay Malone rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Linda Porter
Linda Porter rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2014
Sam Bell
Sam Bell rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2011
Anthony Hogan
Anthony Hogan rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Amanda Shirley
Amanda Shirley rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2016