Start by marking “The Day I Became a Canadian: A Citizenship Scrapbook” as Want to Read:
The Day I Became a Canadian: A Citizenship Scrapbook

The Day I Became a Canadian: A Citizenship Scrapbook

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  1 review
On a snowy morning, little Xiao Ling Li and her parents are about to take part in a ceremony — one that will make them Canadian citizens. To record the day for her new brother or sister, she decides to keep a scrapbook to treasure the day.

The Day I Became a Canadian is not only the story of one special girl and her family, it is a tribute to Canada. Xiao Ling Li’s scrapbo
Published September 23rd 2008 by Tundra Books (first published July 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Day I Became a Canadian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Day I Became a Canadian

Ubalstecha
This book explains the Canadian citizenship ceremony through the eyes of a child. And while the illustrations are lovely (although the hairstyles are dated), there is an earnestness to this book that makes the story feel forced.
Hossam Mohamed
Hossam Mohamed marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Elaine Ayre
Elaine Ayre marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Jc
Jc added it
Jul 26, 2013
Jason Manford
Jason Manford marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Jenny
Jenny added it
Apr 21, 2012
Jesse Gladman
Jesse Gladman marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2012
Children’s author Jo (Elizabeth Jo-Anne) Bannatyne-Cugnet was born on July 19, 1951, in Estevan and grew up in that city. She completed a BSc in Nursing at the University of Saskatchewan in 1974, and started work in Weyburn as a public health nurse. Bannatyne-Cugnet wrote to learn for herself and to teach her four sons about life on a prairie farm. She has been most successful in collaboration wit ...more
More about Jo Bannatyne-Cugnet...
A Prairie Alphabet A Prairie Year Grampa's Alkali Estelle and the Self-Esteem Machine Heartland: A Prairie Sampler