Start by marking “Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured” as Want to Read:
Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured

Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Emergency Care And Transportation Of The Sick And Injured, Ninth Edition Is The Center Of An Integrated Teaching And Learning System That Will Help Define The Future Direction Of EMS Education. It Combines Comprehensive Medical Content With Dynamic New Features And Interactive Technology To Better Support Instructors And To Help Prepare Students For The Field. An Interacti...more
Paperback, Ninth Edition, 1195 pages
Published June 6th 2006 by Jones & Bartlett Publishers (first published January 1st 1993)

Be the first to ask a question about Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured

Michael Dacre
Easily the most repetitive book I have ever encountered. It is massive, weighs a ton, and contains enough information to fill a reasonably sized 150-page text book, the information is just repeated over, and over, and over, and over again.

This wouldn't be a big problem (other than that it makes the book massive), since there is actually a lot of really good information in there, if it weren't for the poor layout. It is structured such that all of that good, important information is deeply buried...more
Anna
I have to read this book for my EMT-Basic class. For it being a text book, it actually isn't as bad as reading out of ther textbooks. I also think that it isn't as boring to me because it deals with medicine and medicine is something I am interested in. This book covers Medical Emergencys, Airway, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, and many more pre-hospital care items. I would recommend this book for someone who is interested in becoming an EMT-Basic.
Ty
On one hand, I didn't find the format of this book to be all that helpful... a lot of useless tables and figures, that at times were almost distracting. On the other hand, there is a stockpile of valuable information in here, and because of this, I passed the course the first time I took it. The online resources are actually the way to go for studying, which you will be doing a lot of, if you sign up for this course.
Teri Temme
I have always had an interest in this and I am glad I read the book, I am equally glad this isn't my career field. I have a renewed respect for those of you who put your life on the line for others daily.
Jeremy
Probably one of the most inconsistent textbooks I've ever come across. To that, the publisher provides online tests and quizzes which contain questions to which no answer is ever provided in the text - a theory which was proven right when neither of my paramedic instructors could locate the answers either.

This book is decades old now and should have been revised to the point of near perfection, but instead is surprisingly frustrating to follow.

On the other hand - it is *the* definitive work for...more
Angel S
This book has a good amount of information in it. It gets a low rating because here's so much unnecessary filler, repeated information, and information any given topic spread throughout. It makes it rather difficult to find information on something when you need it, and it's not set up that great for studying what's important.
Aj Logan
Love this book. This was the main tool I needed to gain the knowledge of being an EMT. As I continue to touch up and refresh on some things the book seems smaller and smaller the more I read it. It's a essential book for all EMTs, anyone preparing to pass the NREMT, or anyone who wants to know what we do.
Lisa
... I learned that when life throws you lemons- you should make lemonade

Do it trembling if you must,
but do it !

The only place where dreams are impossible
is in your own mind....

*Support Your Local Volunteer Ambulance*

=)

Richelle
This is so neat! I took the class at Mount Nebo training center!
I didn't finish the whole book, because I was becoming EMR certified. I'm not old enough to be an EMT, but the class was awesome!

Vegan Warrior
Poor character development. Loose, disjointed plot made the book difficult to follow at times. Overall, I thought it was going to be more funny.
Alex
What a page turner! I finished it in three weeks! Great pictures, brilliant prose.
Gary
I read one of the first editions back in the late 70s when EMS was young.
Syl
Well written and easy to understand. Everybody should read this book.
BM
I'll let you know 8 weeks from August 18th.
Herman Garcia
Herman Garcia marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
James DeBee
James DeBee marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Alexander L.
Alexander L. marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Kevin Parker
Kevin Parker marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Alicia Hill
Alicia Hill marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Ssg- EMT- Intermediate Student Workbook Advanced First Aid, CPR, and AED Emergency Student Workbook: Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Nancy Caroline's Emergency Care in the Streets Critical Care Transport