Start by marking “Uncanny X-Men: The New Age, Volume 1: The End of History” as Want to Read:
Uncanny X-Men: The New Age, Volume 1: The End of History

Uncanny X-Men: The New Age, Volume 1: The End of History (Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 1 New Age 1)

New alliances are forged as old friendships are rekindled, but one thing is certain: The X-Men will never be the same With the team split in two, the Uncanny X-Men must face the unbridled force of the Fury on two sides of the globe Will the villain's "divide-and-conquer" plan prove to be the X-Men's ultimate undoing? Collecting Uncanny X-Men #444-449.
Published December 15th 2004 by Marvel Comics

To ask other readers questions about Uncanny X-Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncanny X-Men

Chris Witt
Oct 16, 2010 Chris Witt rated it it was ok
I was excited when I heard Chris Claremont had returned to the X-Men after a long absence. I read X-Men a lot when I was in junior high and high school and LOVED it... At least until Claremont left. Then the series went south in a hurry (in my opinion).

But this series may as well have been titled "Uncanny X-Men: You Can't Go Home Again". Melodramatic. A boring villain who carries no explanation for where he/it came from. I was a bit bummed. But it did save me a few bucks since I had no urge to f
Josh
May 15, 2009 Josh rated it really liked it
This was a good TPB. As I am just getting back into comics, it was a good starting part in the uncanny x-men series(which is several hundered comics large right now), but still had some characters who I was not familiar with.
Michael Barenbaum
Jan 06, 2016 Michael Barenbaum rated it liked it
this was a strange run for the book. Coming off of an overly dark time the book was in a transitional period. Form the moment I read it I still recall being wowed by Allen Davis art an slightly underwhelmed by cris clearmont writing. I mean know one has writing the characters more over years. Like I said not his best but some of the new concepts work great. An some characters return who were not in the book for sometime. The new villains were the weak point of this volume. An I enjoyed the the c ...more
Avery
Sep 16, 2016 Avery rated it liked it
At the beginning it starts out really slow and the don't do much. But towards the middle it starts too pick up. I would have say my favorite part is when they are fighting Sage and they have to take their friend down. I also like the ending and it's a big cliff hanger.
Enrique Peral
Apr 07, 2015 Enrique Peral rated it it was ok
Chris Claremont sólo molaba al principio. Al menos dibuja Alan Davis.
LARRY
Feb 18, 2008 LARRY rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
As posted in [http://www.amazon.com]:

As a fan of the X-Men and all the other X-titles, I was sorely disappointed in this graphic novel.

The beginning, which featured a baseball game with the residents of X-Mansion, was perhaps the only best thing of the entire novel. After that, it just went downhill!

The battle with the Fury just simply bored me. The Fury, to me, was simply a repackaged version of the Sentinels or Nimrod. Except this time, it's...well, computer vs. computer (Sage).

Murderworld.
Christian Smith
Aug 22, 2016 Christian Smith rated it it was ok
"I'm falling asleep:("
Lord
Mar 06, 2011 Lord rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, marvel
Dull, dumb and uninspired. Mr. Claremont should realize this is the 21st century and he should leave the job to other writers. Or maybe I shouldn't have read the X-Men from Grant Morrison and Joss Whedon beforehand. The art is good, by the way.
Chris
Apr 05, 2007 Chris rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-books
Claremont's back . . . to remind you why he left in the first place. He's better than Austin, but that's like saying having breast cancer is better than bone cancer. Tired, uninspired, and tepid.
Jen
Jul 25, 2016 Jen rated it it was ok
I like the Wolverine-Storm-Nightcrawler team up. Sage was also a pretty decent character (one I am ultimately not familiar with yet).
Frank Taranto
Apr 29, 2009 Frank Taranto rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Just shows me how far the X-men have changed since I read them regularly. Still, the artwork and story are enjoyable.
Angela
Mar 06, 2011 Angela rated it liked it
New team, Captain Britain's nemesis, and murderworld. It's ok, but nothing major in character development.
James Anderson
James Anderson marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Steve Schafer
Steve Schafer rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Maisey
Maisey rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Chip Follett
Chip Follett rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Nausicaa
Nausicaa rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Porsha
Porsha marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Richard Anderson
Richard Anderson marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Jessie Thomas
Jessie Thomas marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Matthew Price
Matthew Price rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Reggie Olds
Reggie Olds marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Owen Taylor
Owen Taylor rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
P J B
P J B rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Jesse
Jesse marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Rafal Cebula
Rafal Cebula rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Guibbs
Guibbs rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Boyle
Boyle rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
  • X-Men: Emperor Vulcan
  • Uncanny X-Men: Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire
  • Uncanny X-Men By Kieron Gillen, Volume 1
  • The Origin of Generation X: Tales of the Phalanx Covenant
Chris Claremont is a writer of American comic books, best known for his 16-year (1975-1991) stint on Uncanny X-Men, during which the series became one of the comic book industry's most successful properties.

Claremont has written many stories for other publishers including the Star Trek Debt of Honor graphic novel, his creator-owned Sovereign Seven for DC Comics and Aliens vs Predator for Dark Hors
More about Chris Claremont...

Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 1 (1 - 10 of 113 books)
  • Marvel Masterworks: The X-Men, Vol. 1