Start by marking “The Medici Dagger” as Want to Read:
The Medici Dagger

The Medici Dagger

2.95 of 5 stars 2.95  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  22 reviews
WALK THE KNIFE'S EDGE BETWEEN EXCITEMENT AND TERROR....
THE MEDICI DAGGER
Hollywood stuntman Reb Barnett lives on the edge to avoid the nightmares of his past -- until an anonymous phone call pulls him from his world of cinematic illusion and sends him to Italy on a desperate quest where danger and violence are chillingly real. Reb seeks Leonard da Vinci's Circles of Trut
Published September 1st 2004 by Pocket Star (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Medici Dagger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Medici Dagger

Lauren
Stuntman Reb Barnett doesn't like thinking about the past. His parents were killed in a fire while his dad was trying to acquire papers from Da Vinci. Since then, Reb has lived on the edge and had troubles trusting people. He gets a call from someone that is supposed to be dead to help continue his dad's quest and Reb can't help but continue to live dangerously and complete his dad's quest. This takes him to Italy and in to the path of Ginny, who has two of the papers. When people try to kill th ...more
Nguyen Phuong
In 1491, Leonardo da Vinci invents a new alloy. He shapes it into a blade and places it inside a vise. He slams a mallet on the tip only to see the hammer split apart while the dagger remains whole. Knowing how his benefactors think, Leonardo believes that his creation would be used as a weapon of destruction. He hides his findings with the hope that the future will beget a world filled with peace that can use his alloy for the common good.

Five centuries later internationally recognized da Vinci
Janet
I can’t give this book zero stars because I did finish it. If you like Dan Brown’s books, you will probably like this book. This was a summer action movie waiting to happen. Personally I am tired of bad guy assassins talking their potential victim to death, just shoot the guy. No assassin worth his/her weight would engage the target in conversation.

The story line did flow even if it was punctuated with action/violence. I mostly liked the main characters even if they were pretty much a stereotype
Brad
Probably more like 2.5, but it definitely had some solid 3 star parts, mostly due to the plot and its twists. The characters were somewhat shallow and underdeveloped, and some of the writing was just plain strange (some of the author's comparisons and some of the main character's dreams), but it was an exciting story.

It feels like a first novel, and probably isn't good enough that I would recommend it to anyone. I picked it up at Salvation Army for 30 cents, and at least I don't feel like it wa
Sridhar Babu
May 07, 2011 Sridhar Babu rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: this book not worthy to recommend
Recommended to Sridhar by: none
There is everything in this book..kinda formula. There is Davinci,so there is an manuscript,that leads to ancient dagger hidden somewhere.As expected there is insane villain group in search of the manuscript,coz this dagger contains an alloy, which helps in preserving nuclear weapons!!!??? As expected hero comes..ancient manuscript somehow reaches him..followed by hide and seek games, blackmails..braking the riddle formulated by Davinci...Blah...blah...blah...

I felt re reading a novel of "Dan
Langit Amaravati
Ini jenis tema yang klise. Ada pencarian yang dilatarbelakangi oleh dendam, ada tokoh jagoan, lalu ada perempuan cantik nan cerdas yang kemudian jatuh cinta kepada tokoh utama. Khas film-film Holywood. Membosankan.
Bryan Kornele
Did not seem that great of story. In some places the characters just seemed pasted in and the names seemed like aliases. I did like the puzzle concerning the circles of truth though but it just was not enough. There also was some sentences that just made no sense at all.
“Whoa, a Tony Roma’s onion loaf on my head.” - ?
“I dreamt I was an abacus, or a billiards scorekeeping rack, I don’t know which. Faceless fifteenth-century soldiers, with dirty fingernails, kept sliding my alabaster Life Savers o
Joe
Intersting...Fun...older book from 2001. Enjoyed the Characters! Esp. main guy...Reb Barnett...daredevil, stunman working in Hollywood..trying desperatly to understand his past, his dreams about his father and his death and how it revolved around Leonardo da Vinci...his "Circle of Truth" a coded 15th century map that revels the location of a weapon, so light and indestructible it's worth a fortune - The Medici Dagger!

Many twists and turns...travel to Italy, meets a beautiful Italian woman who he
Ben
Not bad. interesting plot, with some good twists. Some were from out of the blue, while others were lead up to well, with foreshadowing and some predictability. Neat ideas for any Leonardo lover, this would be an easy one to believe he actually made the dagger... :) A little odd in the dream sequences, and a couple racy scenes that didn't go anywhere, but were graphic enough to not want me to share it with younger readers. Otherwise, it could have been a good youth fiction novel. But what do you ...more
Larashi
Cepet banget ceritanya
Mulai dari masa kecil tokoh utama sampai sejarah dia jadi stuntman hebat
Gara gara penasaran dengan teror yang melenyapkan orang tuanya, dia pun ngotit mau nyari
Harta karun belati medici yang merupakan salah satu peninggalan kuno
Beneran bacaan selintas lalu, tapi ga meninggalkan kesan
Jadi dua bintang aja cukup deh
Satu buat kasian, satu lagi buat sejarahnya xD
Whitebeard Books
The story concept here is really great, with solid characters that any reader will like, but the writing seems rushed, details added not so much to aid in the telling but to increase word count. I believe a re-write and a better editing job could produce a world class novel.
Matthew
The author seemed more interested in selling an option for a screenplay than writing a book and it seemed a derivative of the da Vinci Code. A movie version probably would be better than the book.
Ayu Noorfajarryani
Awalnya bagus..tetapi entah kenapa di tengah-tengah si pengarang seperti lost sehingga banyak yang tidak nyambung. Rasanya mau jadi kayak harlequin di tengah-tengah tetapi malah jadi aneh.
Devi
Jun 28, 2011 Devi rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those seeking a summer read.
This was a lite read - kind of a DaVinci code code knock off - but still fun for the beach or the plane.
Bushra
excellent bk like dan brown's
but too much melodrama made me giv it a 4 instead of 5!
Patty
This was a good suspense novel. I'd recommend it for a quick read.
Robert
completely ridiculous - wooden characters in contrived situations.
Gretchen
Fast-paced with interesting twists. Great summer read.
Carolyn
Stupidest book I ever read.
Nissa
  • In a Heartbeat
  • Vigil
  • The Turk and My Mother
  • Forests of the Night: A Novel
  • Old Scores (The Chris Norgren Mysteries, #3)
  • The Blue Corn Murders (Eugenia Potter, #5)
  • The Tower
  • Hunter
  • The Medici Secret
  • Day Of Confession
  • The Magdalene Cipher
  • The Magician's Tale
  • The Takeover
  • Splintered Icon
First Person Plural: My Life as a Multiple Futurecard Earth Explored: Water: Cutting Edge with T Earth Explored: Life & Work of Sir James Earth Explored: Plate Tectonics Revolutio