Start by marking “The Medici Dagger” as Want to Read:
The Medici Dagger

The Medici Dagger

WALK THE KNIFE'S EDGE BETWEEN EXCITEMENT AND TERROR....
THE MEDICI DAGGER
Hollywood stuntman Reb Barnett lives on the edge to avoid the nightmares of his past -- until an anonymous phone call pulls him from his world of cinematic illusion and sends him to Italy on a desperate quest where danger and violence are chillingly real. Reb seeks Leonard da Vinci's Circles of Trut
Published September 1st 2004 by Pocket Star (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Medici Dagger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Medici Dagger

Laras
Mar 08, 2017 Laras rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A 'gym' type version of Da Vinci Code which is more of a 'library' type. The quick pace seems to say that the book has movie deal in mind.
Lauren
Nov 23, 2014 Lauren rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-read
Stuntman Reb Barnett doesn't like thinking about the past. His parents were killed in a fire while his dad was trying to acquire papers from Da Vinci. Since then, Reb has lived on the edge and had troubles trusting people. He gets a call from someone that is supposed to be dead to help continue his dad's quest and Reb can't help but continue to live dangerously and complete his dad's quest. This takes him to Italy and in to the path of Ginny, who has two of the papers. When people try to kill th ...more
Lizbeth Gabriel
Dec 03, 2015 Lizbeth Gabriel rated it it was ok
Fast paced, well-written, gripping and fun. The reason I did not give it a higher rating are the characters. The female protagonist is hysterical. Yes, women are emotional, but they don't burst into tears, punch people and yell until they turn lobster-red. At least they don't do it without a reason. I understand being upset and scared, but she tears up and yells even when there is no immediate threat. Moments later she smiles. That's a bit extreme.
The male protagonist is a marriage between a co
Tasya Dita
Dec 02, 2015 Tasya Dita rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-bahasa
1.5/5 stars

I think this book could be an okay book. This book just... tries too hard. It was too rushed, and a lot of things are thrown in all at once. And the characters are just so unlikeable UGH.

Plot. EVERYTHING IS SO RUSHED AND SO MANY THINGS ARE HAPPENING ALL AT ONCE. One moment we're in USA, then Milan, California, then Rome. They're EVERYWHERE. We have the myth of the Medici's Dagger, then we have national security problem, and then the characters got insta-lovey and tries to hard to have
Karlie Nyte
In the line of the Da Vinci Code, this book tells of how Leonardo invents an amazing and indestructible metal with which he creates the Medici Dagger. He then determines that this metal would be misused by all, or at least by many, and so he hides the dagger, and encodes where the hiding place is located within his notes. However, over time, the notes are lost, and when they are rediscovered, disaster follows closely on the heels of those who discover them. The main character, Reb, has long ties ...more
Nguyen Phuong
Jan 13, 2012 Nguyen Phuong rated it really liked it
In 1491, Leonardo da Vinci invents a new alloy. He shapes it into a blade and places it inside a vise. He slams a mallet on the tip only to see the hammer split apart while the dagger remains whole. Knowing how his benefactors think, Leonardo believes that his creation would be used as a weapon of destruction. He hides his findings with the hope that the future will beget a world filled with peace that can use his alloy for the common good.

Five centuries later internationally recognized da Vinci
Janet
Aug 20, 2013 Janet rated it did not like it
I can’t give this book zero stars because I did finish it. If you like Dan Brown’s books, you will probably like this book. This was a summer action movie waiting to happen. Personally I am tired of bad guy assassins talking their potential victim to death, just shoot the guy. No assassin worth his/her weight would engage the target in conversation.

The story line did flow even if it was punctuated with action/violence. I mostly liked the main characters even if they were pretty much a stereotype
Brad
Jan 22, 2011 Brad rated it it was ok
Shelves: thriller, z-2011
Probably more like 2.5, but it definitely had some solid 3 star parts, mostly due to the plot and its twists. The characters were somewhat shallow and underdeveloped, and some of the writing was just plain strange (some of the author's comparisons and some of the main character's dreams), but it was an exciting story.

It feels like a first novel, and probably isn't good enough that I would recommend it to anyone. I picked it up at Salvation Army for 30 cents, and at least I don't feel like it wa
Sridhar Babu
May 07, 2011 Sridhar Babu rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: this book not worthy to recommend
Recommended to Sridhar by: none
There is everything in this book..kinda formula. There is Davinci,so there is an manuscript,that leads to ancient dagger hidden somewhere.As expected there is insane villain group in search of the manuscript,coz this dagger contains an alloy, which helps in preserving nuclear weapons!!!??? As expected hero comes..ancient manuscript somehow reaches him..followed by hide and seek games, blackmails..braking the riddle formulated by Davinci...Blah...blah...blah...

I felt re reading a novel of "Dan
Bryan Kornele
Aug 03, 2010 Bryan Kornele rated it it was ok
Did not seem that great of story. In some places the characters just seemed pasted in and the names seemed like aliases. I did like the puzzle concerning the circles of truth though but it just was not enough. There also was some sentences that just made no sense at all.
“Whoa, a Tony Roma’s onion loaf on my head.” - ?
“I dreamt I was an abacus, or a billiards scorekeeping rack, I don’t know which. Faceless fifteenth-century soldiers, with dirty fingernails, kept sliding my alabaster Life Savers o
Ben
Aug 18, 2008 Ben rated it liked it
Not bad. interesting plot, with some good twists. Some were from out of the blue, while others were lead up to well, with foreshadowing and some predictability. Neat ideas for any Leonardo lover, this would be an easy one to believe he actually made the dagger... :) A little odd in the dream sequences, and a couple racy scenes that didn't go anywhere, but were graphic enough to not want me to share it with younger readers. Otherwise, it could have been a good youth fiction novel. But what do you ...more
Joe
Jun 25, 2011 Joe rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
Intersting...Fun...older book from 2001. Enjoyed the Characters! Esp. main guy...Reb Barnett...daredevil, stunman working in Hollywood..trying desperatly to understand his past, his dreams about his father and his death and how it revolved around Leonardo da Vinci...his "Circle of Truth" a coded 15th century map that revels the location of a weapon, so light and indestructible it's worth a fortune - The Medici Dagger!

Many twists and turns...travel to Italy, meets a beautiful Italian woman who he
Larashi
Mar 29, 2012 Larashi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure, history, 2012
Cepet banget ceritanya
Mulai dari masa kecil tokoh utama sampai sejarah dia jadi stuntman hebat
Gara gara penasaran dengan teror yang melenyapkan orang tuanya, dia pun ngotit mau nyari
Harta karun belati medici yang merupakan salah satu peninggalan kuno
Beneran bacaan selintas lalu, tapi ga meninggalkan kesan
Jadi dua bintang aja cukup deh
Satu buat kasian, satu lagi buat sejarahnya xD
Whitebeard Books
Oct 05, 2011 Whitebeard Books rated it liked it
The story concept here is really great, with solid characters that any reader will like, but the writing seems rushed, details added not so much to aid in the telling but to increase word count. I believe a re-write and a better editing job could produce a world class novel.
Langit Amaravati
Ini jenis tema yang klise. Ada pencarian yang dilatarbelakangi oleh dendam, ada tokoh jagoan, lalu ada perempuan cantik nan cerdas yang kemudian jatuh cinta kepada tokoh utama. Khas film-film Holywood. Membosankan.
Ayu Noorfajarryani
Awalnya bagus..tetapi entah kenapa di tengah-tengah si pengarang seperti lost sehingga banyak yang tidak nyambung. Rasanya mau jadi kayak harlequin di tengah-tengah tetapi malah jadi aneh.
Patty
May 03, 2009 Patty rated it liked it
This was a good suspense novel. I'd recommend it for a quick read.
Devi
Jun 28, 2011 Devi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those seeking a summer read.
This was a lite read - kind of a DaVinci code code knock off - but still fun for the beach or the plane.
mr. 阿創
Sep 21, 2015 mr. 阿創 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed, 小說, 懸疑
開場兩顆星,到結尾只剩一顆星,每下愈況。作者忝為心理學博士,故事裡最讓我失望的,偏偏就是角色情緒轉移太快,說哭就哭,破涕又笑,活生生的演技大考驗。

下午在圖書館讀這本小說,偏生隔壁桌有對小情侶在那邊情不自禁,當真是書中有動作,書外也有動作,看得我心裡七上八下,直想走過去教育咱們的下一代這個「恥」字要怎麼寫。
Motunrayo
Sep 29, 2015 Motunrayo rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventures, art-crime
Very interesting book. So much action.
Robert
Jan 25, 2009 Robert rated it it was ok
Shelves: x2004-5-season
completely ridiculous - wooden characters in contrived situations.
Bushra
Oct 14, 2009 Bushra rated it really liked it
excellent bk like dan brown's
but too much melodrama made me giv it a 4 instead of 5!
Matthew
Jan 17, 2009 Matthew rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
The author seemed more interested in selling an option for a screenplay than writing a book and it seemed a derivative of the da Vinci Code. A movie version probably would be better than the book.
Nissa
Mar 22, 2008 Nissa rated it it was ok
terlalu davinci code
Rini Novrianti
Rini Novrianti rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2007
Oltea
Oltea rated it it was ok
Jun 30, 2015
Sue Owens
Sue Owens rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2009
Poncho
Poncho rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2011
RUSI HAKIM
RUSI HAKIM rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2007
  • The Book of Q
  • Fat Tuesday (Thomas Black, #4)
  • Strange But True: Mysterious and Bizarre People
  • The Blue Corn Murders (Eugenia Potter, #5)
  • The Brotherhood of the Holy Shroud
  • The Pharos Objective (Morpheus Initiative, #1)
  • Winter Dreams
  • Great Detectives: A Century of the Best Mysteries from England and America
  • Splintered Icon
  • Thinning the Predators
  • Daughter of God
  • The Deceit
  • City of the Lost
  • Wyrmhole (Jack Stein Series #1)
  • Haunted Britain and Ireland