Start by marking “Commit to Sit: Tools for Cultivating a Meditation Practice from the Pages of Tricycle” as Want to Read:

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  5 reviews
From the pages of Tricycle, the country’s most widely read Buddhist magazine, comes Commit to Sit, an introduction to the art of meditation. In recent years, interest in meditation has grown to include not only those on a spiritual search, but also those who are simply working toward a healthy and meaningful life.

This book brings together a broad range of Buddhist meditat
Published March 1st 2009 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about Commit to Sit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Commit to Sit

I'm sure some else may get a lot out of this book, but not me.

I would definitely NOT recommend it to someone just starting to meditate. In the first few pages it tells the reader to start with meditating 20 minutes twice a day and work up to an hour twice a day. A beginner will read that and say "I ain't got that much time" and never get started in the first place. A better recommendation would be to start at 5 minutes 3 times a day, then 10 minutes twice a day, and so on.

If however, you have
Gita Madhu
Quite boring and uninspired. Had bookmarked some pages but it's not something I'll readily pick up again to try and finish
Very good tips, but since I like reading about how meditation is good for me instead of actually meditating.... well, we will see...
Apr 29, 2010 Kristi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
This is a book that I will definetly keep out as a reference...really great book!
Karlene Olesuk
Didn't read it yet, but computer won't let me select my "to read" shelf
Cathy marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Kyra is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2015
Kraig is currently reading it
Apr 30, 2015
Sandi M
Sandi M marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Chelsey W.
Chelsey W. marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Sherilyn marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
meditation 1 6 Apr 06, 2009 03:01PM
Coffee with The Buddha Good Karma: How to Find It and Keep It Happiness: How to Find It and Keep It The Meaning of Nice: How Compassion and Civility Can Change Your Life (and The World) The Buddha ... Off the Record: Life and Themes, 563 BC-483 BC