Start by marking “Nero Corleone” as Want to Read:
Nero Corleone

Nero Corleone (Nero Corleone #1)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  264 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
»Nero« nennen sie den kleinen Kater auf dem italienischen Bauernhof, weil er ganz schwarz ist, nur mit einer weißen Vorderpfote. Nero fürchtet sich vor nichts und niemand, nicht einmal vor Robert und Isolde, dem deutschen Ehepaar, das in den Ferien das Häuschen auf dem Hügel bewohnt. Und weil er meint, das Zeug zu einem Chef zu haben, beschließt er, den Hof zu verlassen, u ...more
Published October 24th 2007 by Sanssouci (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Nero Corleone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nero Corleone

Rubinrot by Kerstin GierSaphirblau by Kerstin GierSmaragdgrün by Kerstin GierInkheart by Cornelia FunkeMomo by Michael Ende
Best German Authors
90th out of 470 books — 593 voters
Strega Nona by Tomie dePaolaBreakaway by Bryan  MurphyThe Thief Lord by Cornelia FunkeLinehan's Trip by Bryan  MurphyMurder By Suicide by Bryan  Murphy
Italy Italy
13th out of 198 books — 56 voters

More lists with this book...

Manny
May 09, 2014 Manny rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cat lovers
Recommended to Manny by: Cheshirecat
For the last few months, I've been making efforts to improve my minimal German. I started by reading German versions of children's books I was already familiar with from other languages. A couple of days ago, I decided I was now good enough to try a book I didn't know. It worked!

It is difficult to know how to evaluate Nero Corleone. My German is at a child's level, so that was how I had to read it. I didn't look up any words, which meant I often had to guess them. But the poetry of the book was
Inga
Jan 14, 2014 Inga rated it really liked it
Die kleine Katzengeschichte erzählt von einem frechen schwarzen Kater, der auf einem italienischen Bauernhof geboren wird. Mit seinem herrischen Charakter, seinem Charme und der Kraft seiner weißen Pfote setzt er sich schnell durch und erobert vor allem das Herz der deutschen Urlauber nebenan. Zusammen mit seiner Schwester Rosa reist er mit ihnen nach Deutschland, wo er auch bald alles fest im Griff hat...
Elke Heidenreichs Nero Corleone kann als Kinderbilderbuch, aber auch als Allegorie darauf g
Arlina
Dec 03, 2012 Arlina rated it it was amazing
Time after time this book ended up in my hands as a kid after visiting my elementary school's small library. Something very engrossing and magical adorns this story, recounting the days of a mischievous black kitten, born on an Italian farm on the most unlucky day of all unlucky days. He ends up growing into a real “Don” that knows how to get what he wants.

The magic might be somewhat lost when reading this for the first time as an adult, but for children, this book has the right balance of funn
Ellen Dunne
Jan 05, 2016 Ellen Dunne rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Lovely read for a lunchbreak. Simple but touching story for cat lovers.
Edith Riegler
Jul 02, 2012 Edith Riegler rated it it was amazing
This might be my all time favourite book. I cannot even put a finger on what exactly makes it good. It might even be a rather mediocre book because the last time I have read I was about 14. However, the copy of the book I have is battered and almost torn apart, that's how often young me has gotten lost in the wonderful adventures of the cat Nero.
I'd actually like to pick it up again and see if it can live up to my memories of a superb written, emotional and original story about that kind of cat
Amy
I previewed this as a possible book for my daughter's Animal Lover's Book Club. I read the first half and skimmed the rest. Is it weird to criticize a cat named Nero Corleone for being too mean? Probably. He wasn't a real gangster - killing and blackmailing and calling in favors. But he was just mean - calling his "friends" fat and dumb and making snarky comments about everything the humans did. I just found the social interactions too mean-spirited to suggest this book to our sweet little group ...more
Cal
Jul 27, 2011 Cal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adore this story. It's the best cat book I've ever read.
Ilka
Jun 12, 2011 Ilka rated it it was amazing
Mein absolutes Lieblingsbuch.
My favourite book of all times.
Roos
Dec 03, 2013 Roos rated it liked it
This used to be my favourite book when I was 10.
Uschi Lichter
Jan 27, 2014 Uschi Lichter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So incredibly beautiful..
annik
Будь я немкой, звали бы меня Эльке.
На меня напала дикая сезонная хандра. Наверняка, именно поэтому я не могу по достоинству оценить детские книжки, попадающиеся мне в последнее время. Казалось бы, самокат+котики+картиночки, и мое сердце отдано это книжке навсегда. Но я смогла только оценить иллюстрации, поистине замечательные и няшно-котяшные. В истории пыталась найти обещанную мораль и притчевость, в итоге не нашла, расстроилась, закрыла и забыла.

Котик по имени Неро родился в глухой итальянской
Barbara Ab
Un libro delizioso per amanti dei gatti. Una favoletta moderna raccontata da un gatto italiano, molto pieno di sè, che decide di farsi adottare da una coppia in vacanza di tedeschi e tante altre storie di gatti intorno a lui.
Si legge in due ore. La rilegatura è ben fatta con disegni all’interno. Un regalo delizioso per amanti spassionati dei gatti (infatti comprato per la mia vicina che ne è “vittima” :0)
Flauschi
Mar 31, 2016 Flauschi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yulia
Feb 21, 2014 Yulia rated it liked it
Is it sad that this is the first book I finished this year? But hey, Abitur.
Read that ages ago actually, when I was a kid. Well. Definitely cute and nicely written. Slightly sexist in a casual 1980s way, oh well. Entertaining enough, I guess (though I'm more of a dog person. At least in theory)
Lala Memmedova
Kак здесь котируются наши акции. Нас ценят.
Pişiyi olmayan birinin pişiklər haqqında oxuduğu "nağıl"lardan biri. Babat mövzudur.
Tess
Oct 18, 2011 Tess rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the story about the cat Don Nero Corleone and his adventures in Germany. The writing is simple, maybe a bit childish even, the drawings are wonderful (Quint Buchholz, after all). All in all, it's a cute read, but it didn't exactly blow me away either and I felt like there wasn't happening very much. Children and cat-lovers will probably love it, though.
Mckinley
I didn't really like this one all that much. Maybe the tone? Thought it was too old for the youngsters this would be read by.
Magda
Jul 29, 2012 Magda rated it liked it
Ja, ganz süß, aber ich bin eher eine Hundeperson und das Buch war ein wenig zu kurz um alle Charaktere ins Herz zu schließen - länger hätte es trotzdem nicht sein müssen.
Gut für zwischendurch und sehr schön geschrieben.
Steph
Oct 31, 2012 Steph rated it liked it
Read this for my German class this semester. It's an easy story to read about the cat version of the godfather. Not really, but it's my way of describing the book
Tanja
May 09, 2010 Tanja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a beautyfull story. I read this book as a teen but still think about it a lot. great for kids and teens (and of course cat-lovers)
Bookkitten
Mar 23, 2012 Bookkitten rated it it was amazing
A little comfortable book about a young Italian cat and its big travel to Cologne.
Katie Callero
This book is a good book and I would suggest it to anyone who likes animal books.
Oct 07, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
that was my absolute favorite book in my childhood
Kim
Jun 15, 2010 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Absolutely, my favorite childrens book!
Sofie
Sofie rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Slavka Mashyko
Slavka Mashyko marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Alexa
Alexa rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Jean-Paul Walshaw-Sauter
Jean-Paul Walshaw-Sauter marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Leonie
Leonie added it
Mar 29, 2016
Miriam Edmunds
Miriam Edmunds marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
  • Lippels Traum
  • Die neuen Leiden des jungen W.
  • Armer Pettersson
  • Felidae (Felidae, #1)
  • Briefe in die chinesische Vergangenheit
  • Mother Earth and Her Children: A Quilted Fairy Tale
  • No Kiss For Mother
  • Cat and Mouse in Partnership
  • Madita (Madicken, #1-2)
  • Peterchens Mondfahrt
  • Oh, wie schön ist Panama
  • The Cat: Or, How I Lost Eternity
  • La foire aux immortels (Nikopol #1)
  • Koirien Kalevala