Start by marking “Confessions Of A Demented Housewife: The Celebrity Year” as Want to Read:
Confessions Of A Demented Housewife: The Celebrity Year

Confessions Of A Demented Housewife: The Celebrity Year

Susie Hunt is back and this time she's on a mission - to become a celebrity housewife. The only thing standing in the way is her stubborn jelly belly - and her hilariously complicated home life, of course.
Published November 11th 2008 (first published June 5th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Confessions Of A Demented Housewife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions Of A Demented Housewife

Jirinka (sony08)
Oct 22, 2009 Jirinka (sony08) rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this as it put me in a good mood, made me laugh and made me cringe at times. It's written in a very easy to read diary style and a great read for those miserable autumn evenings.
Amanda Patterson
Nov 16, 2010 Amanda Patterson rated it did not like it
Susie is spoilt, self-obsessed and smug.
This is not a good thing for light-hearted reading requirements. Marian Keyes understands this. Her heroines may be selfish, vain and egotistical but they are never smug. Susie has everything she is supposed to want. A rich husband, a lovely home, two children - Jack who thinks he’s a dog, and Katie, who wants to be a P**** Cat Doll. Telling, isn’t it?
Poor, bored little Susie tries to make her life more interesting by engineering encounters with men she fa
Bernie
Nov 06, 2012 Bernie rated it it was amazing
The book was written as a diary which makes it easier to step into the characters shoes (if you want to). It's far from a serious read as there are issues Susie finds herself in that are totally avoidable; she has a slight smugness to herself which can be off putting and makes you forget she's a mother of two not a teenager- at times the angst is distracting.

Don't get me wrong though this book will make you laugh- A LOT. It's rather unapologetic and hilarious to read.
Heather Cawte
Mar 25, 2009 Heather Cawte rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was so badly written that I couldn't finish it. The main character is silly and shallow.

If you want a good 'chick lit' book about acquiring a celebrity friend, I recommend Gill McNeil's Divas Don't Knit, which is everything this is not....
Anne
Oct 25, 2012 Anne rated it it was ok
There were funny parts, but the book just didn't make that of an impact. Susie was kinda annoying and too self-centered for me to even care about what happens to her in the end. It was too Bridget-Jonesy to me, and though that book was marvelously funny, this book failed in comparison. Oh well. At least it entertained me, in bits and pieces.
Paula Sealey
Aug 24, 2009 Paula Sealey rated it liked it
A light read that I found quite funny in parts. I believe there is another book in the series and I would definitely buy it based on reading this book.
Jeanette
amazingly funny book. this authour never fails to make me laugh. Hope she has some more books coming out soon
Renae
May 31, 2011 Renae rated it did not like it
I hated this book. I only finished it in the hope that the main character would somehow redeem herself and not continue to be pathetic and shallow.
Lisa Chawner
Fun, easy, quick, familar with characters from 1st book. Took a bit to get going thought it was a bit repeatitive at first but then got into it. Good fun read, enjoyable.
Rosie
May 22, 2010 Rosie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2010
A fantastic follow up to Secret Diary of a Demented Housewife. Again, lots of twists (although some predictable) and lots of humour.
Theresa
Jan 29, 2012 Theresa rated it liked it
I liked this book i thought it was slow going and the main character really annoyed me wasnt as good as the first book.
Abdimalik
Abdimalik rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Minoo Lohani
Minoo Lohani rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Jayne Harris
Jayne Harris rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2012
Sasha
Sasha rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2011
Joy
Joy rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2011
Breda Gillespie
Breda Gillespie rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Alixia
Alixia rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Lisa Green
Lisa Green rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Tania Downer
Tania Downer rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2014
Godiva3
Godiva3 rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2012
Claire smith
Claire smith rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Stella Love
Stella Love rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2016
elizabeth dawson
elizabeth dawson rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2012
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was ok
May 26, 2011
Kelly Shaw
Kelly Shaw rated it really liked it
May 28, 2015
Rachael
Rachael rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2013
  • The Desperate Diary of a Country Housewife: A Cautionary Tale
  • The Yummy Mummy
  • Celebrity Bride
  • The Gap Year For Grown Ups
  • Love Another Day (Agent Ex, #5)
  • Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City (Holly's Inbox #2)
  • Georgia's Book of Wisdomosity