Start by marking “The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica 6” as Want to Read:
The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica 6

The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica 6

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A seductive selection of new writing from 2005–2006, The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica offers selections by bestselling erotica anthologist Maxim Jakubowski. These sensual tales are by authors from around the world and explore all the variety of the human erotic experience. This book is filled with explicit sexual drama from some of the best writers in the field.
Published January 2nd 2007 by Carroll & Graf (first published December 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica 6

Hector
Feb 01, 2008 Hector rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no
Recommended to Hector by: I read it because I was doing some research.
The book has plenty of sexual fantasies played out and after you've read four or five they seem to mesh. It is a decent book that I would not recommend you read. I read it only because I was conducting some research. We are publish a book of erotic short stories.

PS. In my humble opinion, I believe that women write better erotica than men.
Phillip
Jul 13, 2008 Phillip rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: the open mided
Shelves: erotica
Probably one of the best erotic short stories books I've read. And I've read plenty.
Mike Kimera
Maxim Jakubowski's "Best New Erotica" series has been providing the showcase for the best in erotic short fiction for almost a decade now. Many anthologies concentrate on a specific niche of erotica: BDSM, Gay, Lesbian, By women for Women etc, Maxim covers all tastes and all styles of writing in his huge selection of the best of the year.

Maxim also provides a platform for new writers who want to see their stories in print. He searches sites such as ERWA and Clean Sheets for the best stories by n
Rosalía
This mammoth book of erotic fiction collects a surprising number of well-written stories. I would label some erotic, some unique, and some not so erotic. All were well-written, though. I thought the most sensual story was ANOTHER ASSIGNATION WITH CHARLES BONNET. My other favorites were APPETITES, PHOTOS, and NEON LIGHTS. And I usually don't read science fiction but ORBITING IN RETROGRADE and DIFFERENT FLESH had some very interesting concepts to ponder.
Cheryl
Some of the stories were good, some were bad enough that I sort of did a speed reading of them just to get to the next story. Some were dark and sad, some were comical. None of them stood out as stories I would want to find more by the author. This has been a book I take camping. A little light reading before bed. It is that sort of book, but nothing I would recommend.
Tará O'Sullivan
Three stars are given only for two choice stories in here. The rest are pretty horrible. (Regarding Volume 4.)
Snuf
The stories in this book seem to be all build up and no climax. Quite the let down.
Angela Ainsworth
Angela Ainsworth marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Vanessa Martinez
Vanessa Martinez marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Albert
Albert marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Leonidas Lambchop
Leonidas Lambchop marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Chapparita
Chapparita marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Steff
Steff marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Jasmin Begic
Jasmin Begic marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Keith Spencer
Keith Spencer marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Alan Green
Alan Green marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Jessica Claycomb
Jessica Claycomb marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Cody
Cody marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Poeticdemise
Poeticdemise marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Sami Storey
Sami Storey marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Maxim Jakubowski is a crime, erotic, and science fiction writer and critic.

Jakubowski was born in England by Russian-British and Polish parents, but raised in France. Jakubowski has also lived in Italy and has travelled extensively. Jakubowski edited the science fiction anthology Twenty Houses of the Zodiac in 1979 for the 37th World Science Fiction Convention (Seacon '79) in Brighton. He also con
More about Maxim Jakubowski...
The Mammoth Book of Jack the Ripper The Mammoth Book of Erotica: New Edition The Mammoth Book of Illustrated Erotica Mammoth Book Of Pulp Fiction The Mammoth Book of Historical Erotica