Start by marking “Dishing Hollywood: The Real Scoop on Tinseltown's Most Notorious Scandals” as Want to Read:
Dishing Hollywood: The Real Scoop on Tinseltown's Most Notorious Scandals

Dishing Hollywood: The Real Scoop on Tinseltown's Most Notorious Scandals

"Dishing Hollywood" is a delightful and naughty romp through some of the biggest scandals that have rocked Hollywood - from the earlier part of the twentieth century to the present. Some of the stories appear here for the first time. Some you might think you've heard, but you haven't heard it all! To add a little spice to the story, the author includes a recipe with each " ...more
Published November 1st 2003 by Cumberland House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dishing Hollywood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dishing Hollywood

Nov 01, 2007 Laurie rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
“Spicy dish…a smorgasbord of snoop…” Publisher’s Weekly

Romance, scandal and murder can really work up an appetite. Dishing Hollywood serves up the real scoop on 43 scandals with a recipe connected to each one: last suppers, first dates, favorite dishes – stories with some real meat to them. Lives tragically cut short, unsolved mysteries, dramatic suicides, steamy affairs -- the town’s full of tales like that. The town is also full of people who pay big dough to make sure certain details of those
Sep 14, 2007 Shelley rated it really liked it
Shelves: history, media
This was pretty damn awesome. Granted, I was familiar with a few of the scandals, and her facts weren't always completely factual. But this is a gossip book, and I don't generally judge gossip books on their facts. *g* I loved the tone and the stories and the recipes were so tacky, it was awesome.

She loses a star for saying that her research has solved two cases, because, no, it hasn't, and I cannot stand writers who say that. (Looking at you, too, Patricia Cornwell.)

And now I feel like digging
Amanda Harford
Oct 02, 2013 Amanda Harford rated it really liked it
I just eat up books like this. It's not horribly taudry but has that wonderful feeling of a friend whispering in your ear. This book is a fun "well shelia told me that she heard from tina that..." sense to it where it makes it impossible to put down. Nothing is implied or based on some crazy heresay, it's simply "Hey, don't kill the messenger, this is just what i've heard." I LOVE it!!
Jul 06, 2009 Chris rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. It was an easy read, about various older Hollywood stars that had an untimely demise. Some of the people I had never heard of before. The author included a recipe of something pertinent to each person, which was also fun. So, thanks, Sue, for mentioning this book!
Jan 26, 2009 Sue rated it really liked it
Hopeless movie-head that I am, I could not put down this book! What sets it apart from other books of this genre, is that the author is an insider in Hollywood. She is married to a former child actor and has accumulated a lot of facts over the last 30 years. Now I'm off to find her other 2 books!
Sep 07, 2007 Rory rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: me
Shelves: nonfiction
it's hard not to love a book that was obviously written for me. it's all about old hollywood scandals--with recipes tackily tacked on the end of each chapter. the voice is really scathing and slangy without being cloying. LOVED IT. lordy, you should read the gary cooper chapter....
Dec 29, 2008 Carol rated it liked it
Didn't learn anything that I hadn't already read in other books about Hollywood scandals but a fun read nonetheless, with the bonus of a few good-looking star recipes at the end of each chapter.
Shari  Stacy
Jan 31, 2012 Shari Stacy rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best pieces of gory 'literature' I have ever read (twice). Scandals and the last meals of those involved. Wow. This is some good kind of bad!
Dec 05, 2012 Kyla rated it it was amazing
Fun and easy read. The related recipes make a nice tie-in, making the book a good choice for foodies AND fans of Hollywood dish.
Gjo rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2016
Micki added it
Oct 15, 2016
Ivy Blue
Ivy Blue marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2016
Tiffany Artiaga
Tiffany Artiaga marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2016
Jenn Davis
Jenn Davis rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Laurie rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Diana marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Peachfuzz92 rated it liked it
May 11, 2016
Nicole Gauss
Nicole Gauss marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Nicole Meyerhofer
Nicole Meyerhofer marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Richard A
Richard A rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Athenasdaughter marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Emily rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Lady added it
Jan 15, 2016
Leander Gasse
Leander Gasse rated it did not like it
Dec 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
When Laurie moved to L.A., she quickly found her way to Harvey Lembeck's Comedy Improv Workshop, working for years with classmates Robin Williams, John Larroquette, John Ritter and more. While performing with comedy groups and as a stand-up, Laurie was uncovering and reveling in the history of those who had come before her. The stories and interviews she collected became the basis for her first bo ...more
More about Laurie Jacobson...