Start by marking “Mama Gena's Marriage Manual: Stop Being a Good Wife, Start Being a Sister Goddess!” as Want to Read:

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  61 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Why be a saintly Good Wife, caring for his every need, when you can be a sexy Sister Goddess and make you both twice as happy?

"Diva of Desire" Regena Thomashauer (a.k.a. Mama Gena) delivers a saucy, surprising, absolutely essential guide to reviving passion and pleasure in your marriage.
Let Mama cure you of the "Good Wife Syndrome" -- that common malady characterized b
Published April 5th 2005 by Simon & Schuster (first published June 7th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Mama Gena's Marriage Manual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mama Gena's Marriage Manual

Kas
Aug 08, 2011 Kas rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. This book was just weird. The author is a lady who uses terms like "yo" and calls her readers and clients "sister goddesses." Not really who I want relationship advice from, but that's just me.
Cori McGraw
Dec 25, 2014 Cori McGraw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In full disclosure, I have seen Regina Thomashauer speak in person, and she is really dynamic live, so that probably inclined me even further toward the 5 star rate. (As did the fact that she made her entrance to the speaking engagement on a live horse... on the second floor of the Miami Convention Center - she certainly knows how to stretch your mind in terms of what is and isn't possible, that is for sure!) I think I had to see her in person to more fully "get" the gist of her viewpoint. She i ...more
Adrienne
Apr 11, 2014 Adrienne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
While I'll admit that I'm torn over her basic principle that simply "living your pleasure" and surrounding yourself with things to remind you of what you really want out of life will magically make your marriage and everything else better, I do like to think it's possible. I've heard the basic idea from other self-help gurus and it always sounds like hoo-doo bullshit, but I keep reading these books BECAUSE I WANT TO BELIEVE. There's always this tiny bit of hope deep inside of me that if I just f ...more
Bethany McKay
Mar 26, 2014 Bethany McKay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mama Gena is leading the next generation of women down a bad, horrible path. She is trying to raise selfish "children" she calls her Sister Goddesses. She says she is trying to help reverse the divorce rate, but she is adding to it! SOME of her so-called wisdom is good insight, but the language and word choices muck it up. And if her now-failed marriage is any indication, if you are getting married or are having marriage problems, seek out another book!!!
Jan 10, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than her second installment, "Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men" (her point was fabulous but the language around it made me cringe, just as women are not chattel, neither are men!), this book was full of relationship wisdom ... and I still highly recommend her first book, "Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts: Using the Power of Pleasure to Have Your Way with the World"
Catherine
Apr 11, 2016 Catherine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
so mixed on this! had a few good parts/advice. But the whacky far-out-ness of her style turned me off a lot too.
Maya Hazan
Jun 05, 2010 Maya Hazan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great book!! never had so much fun in my life taking turns reading and practicing with my hubby - he is a new man now...
Deepika
An amazing book- every women is a goddess/princess and needs to treat herself like one....
Spiritasmarcelle
May 28, 2009 Spiritasmarcelle rated it it was amazing
this one totally rocks! very helpful concrete recommendations and exercises
Sharon Starr
Sharon Starr marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Lisbeth
Lisbeth rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Shondria Seaton
Shondria Seaton marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Andie
Andie marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Cristail
Cristail marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Snow Adams
Snow Adams marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Nicole Peterson
Nicole Peterson marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Robin A Sacco
Robin A Sacco rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Ley-Ann Frederiksen
Ley-Ann Frederiksen rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Sheng
Sheng marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Sabrina Choi
Sabrina Choi marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Morgan Schulman
Morgan Schulman rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Megan Price
Megan Price rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Emma Frost
Emma Frost marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Nadine
Nadine rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2015
Marilyn
Marilyn rated it really liked it
May 14, 2015