Start by marking “A Galaxy Not So Far Away: Writers and Artists on Twenty-five Years of Star Wars” as Want to Read:
A Galaxy Not So Far Away: Writers and Artists on Twenty-five Years of Star Wars

A Galaxy Not So Far Away: Writers and Artists on Twenty-five Years of Star Wars

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A dazzling collection of original essays by some of America's most notable young writers on the cultural impact of the Star Wars films

A Galaxy Not So Far Away is the first ever exploration of the innumerable ways the Star Wars films have forever altered our cultural and artistic landscape. Edited by Glenn Kenny, a senior editor and critic at Premiere magazine, this singula...more
Published September 6th 2002 by Holt Paperbacks (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about A Galaxy Not So Far Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Galaxy Not So Far Away

David Volper
Highly technical layout. Informative and engaging in sections. An interesting odyssey through the eyes of those of us affected in one way or another by the Star Wars phenomena that had enraptured fans since "A New Hope" hit rolled across the silver screen in theaters nationwide.
Beau
Fantastic book that shows a few things. First, it reflects that time right after 9\11. Second, it illustrates just how many different ways people can interpret the same set of silly movies and third it features some of the neatest little moments in writing I've come across in a while. most of it is good, but some of it is really damn good.
Tina
Some essays are better than others. I could relate to the excitement of growing up Star Wars, the Sears Christmas catalog and all that good stuff. Many an action figure appeared in my Christmas stocking in my youth. My fave essay related to defending The Phantom Menace and Jar Jar Binks's existence. Priceless!
Nicholas
Some good stuff in here. It takes me out of it when one of the essays speaks well of Episodes I and II or brings up 9/11, though. Standouts include Elvis Mitchell's essay about Billy Dee Williams and America's greatest living writer (at least at the time of publication) Neal Pollock's spoof.
Krishna
As might be expected in such a book, the quality of the essays is uneven. But some of them are pretty thought provoking.
Bill
Sep 09, 2013 Bill added it
As others found it: hit and miss. Neal Pollack's contribution was vile.
Kim Garbow
lots of fun, even if you're not a star wars freak.
Jesse
The different essays in this book were hit or miss for me. I either found them really interesting or I was bored to tears.
Mickslibrarian
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Gabriel Antillano
Gabriel Antillano marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
DR
DR marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Gabriel
Gabriel marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Ann-marie
Ann-marie marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Jeni
Jeni marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Bryan
Bryan marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Dorkabrain
Dorkabrain marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Institutionlzd4114
Institutionlzd4114 marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Karl
Karl marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2013