Let's Go Visiting: Lap-Sized Board Book

Let's Go Visiting: Lap-Sized Board Book

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Children will love counting their favorite baby animals--like foals and puppies and ducklings--in this spirited lap-sized board book edition of Sue Williams and Julie Vivas's barnyard adventure.
Board Book, 32 pages
Published March 1st 2006 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1998)

Taylor
While reading this can get very repetitive, it is wonderful for making animal noises, identifying colors and farm animals, and a good one for an early read-along. Julie Vivas is an excellent artist and her pictures have lots to look at. I am particularly fond of the duck on the "six yellow puppies" page that is clearly body slamming one poor terrified puppy. If it weren't for the antics of the kamikaze duck, the many, many readings of this book might have driven me crazy ages ago.
Tyrone Hardy
“Lets Go Visiting,” by Sue Williams and illustrated by Julie Vivas, would be absolutely perfect for kindergartners. The book is about, that may be a girl or boy, and the child going on a visit to play with the animals on the farm. This book provides rhyming, counting, exploring oppurtunites for kindergartners. This book have great artwork, and can be used as a math and science introduction piece, because of the animals, and keeping track of them.
Jack Kirby and the X-man
A lovely counting book, which incorporates the counting as part of the story (which I love).

This is a repetitive book, but X-man loves the repetition, and it is not as irritating as many children's books!

Julie Vivas's illustrations are wonderful, but at times I feel they are a little soft compared with the frivolity of the story.
Let's go visiting. What do you say? One brown foal is ready to play. Lets's go visiting. What do you say? Two red calves are ready to play...Three black kittens...Four pink piglets...Five green ducks...Six yellow puppies...No more visiting. No more play. Let's curl up and sleep in the hay.
Heather
24 months - we are a bit beyond this book at this point but it is a cute counting book of animals. Would be a good signing book for numbers and animals as well. Of course there are many books that do similar so I wouldn't say this one really stands out.
DaNette
LOVE the illustrations, fun easy read for learning animals and counting to five. A bedtime favorite at our house.
Elke
This book is surprisingly good! I thought it read really well and baby really enjoyed it.
Meg McGregor
A fun look at farm animals and the child who loves them. Wonderful illustrations!
Ellen
Good book to share with babies and toddlers
Elizabeth
Wonderful illustrations with simple text.
Neha
Neha marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Erin
Erin added it
Feb 16, 2014
Lori Schlossberg
Lori Schlossberg marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Kristen Phillips
Kristen Phillips marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Courtney Mccoid
Courtney Mccoid is currently reading it
Nov 03, 2013
Kristie Gray
Kristie Gray marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add this book 5 15 Apr 07, 2014 12:29PM
I Went Walking And Then the Darkness Mean Streets Kind Heart World Beyond Tears: The ongoing story of Father Chris Riley Death of a Doctor