Start by marking “Let's Go Visiting: Lap-Sized Board Book” as Want to Read:
Let's Go Visiting: Lap-Sized Board Book

Let's Go Visiting: Lap-Sized Board Book

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  111 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Children will love counting their favorite baby animals--like foals and puppies and ducklings--in this spirited lap-sized board book edition of Sue Williams and Julie Vivas's barnyard adventure.
Board Book, 32 pages
Published March 1st 2006 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Let's Go Visiting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's Go Visiting

Russell
An idyllic time romping around with farmyard friends on the surface, but some of the faces depict that not everyone's having the same level of fun. (view spoiler)
Paula
A counting story in which a boy visits his farmyard friends, from one brown foal to six yellow puppies.
Gianni Llano
I didn't enjoy this book, much of it had to do with the fact that I don't get it.
Michelle
Apr 23, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute counting book that also teaches the names of baby animals.
Kelsey Ruggirello
Feb 05, 2015 Kelsey Ruggirello rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute book about a little girl visiting animals
Shelley
Wonderful ones 4/4/2014
Taylor
While reading this can get very repetitive, it is wonderful for making animal noises, identifying colors and farm animals, and a good one for an early read-along. Julie Vivas is an excellent artist and her pictures have lots to look at. I am particularly fond of the duck on the "six yellow puppies" page that is clearly body slamming one poor terrified puppy. If it weren't for the antics of the kamikaze duck, the many, many readings of this book might have driven me crazy ages ago.
Tyrone Hardy
Apr 10, 2013 Tyrone Hardy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: math-to-literacy
“Lets Go Visiting,” by Sue Williams and illustrated by Julie Vivas, would be absolutely perfect for kindergartners. The book is about, that may be a girl or boy, and the child going on a visit to play with the animals on the farm. This book provides rhyming, counting, exploring oppurtunites for kindergartners. This book have great artwork, and can be used as a math and science introduction piece, because of the animals, and keeping track of them.
Jack Kirby and the X-man
Jul 06, 2009 Jack Kirby and the X-man rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jack Kirby and the X-man by: Playgroup
A lovely counting book, which incorporates the counting as part of the story (which I love).

This is a repetitive book, but X-man loves the repetition, and it is not as irritating as many children's books!

Julie Vivas's illustrations are wonderful, but at times I feel they are a little soft compared with the frivolity of the story.
Jan 02, 2013 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, candy
Let's go visiting. What do you say? One brown foal is ready to play. Lets's go visiting. What do you say? Two red calves are ready to play...Three black kittens...Four pink piglets...Five green ducks...Six yellow puppies...No more visiting. No more play. Let's curl up and sleep in the hay.
Heather
May 24, 2011 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-library
24 months - we are a bit beyond this book at this point but it is a cute counting book of animals. Would be a good signing book for numbers and animals as well. Of course there are many books that do similar so I wouldn't say this one really stands out.
DaNette
Apr 18, 2008 DaNette rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
LOVE the illustrations, fun easy read for learning animals and counting to five. A bedtime favorite at our house.
Theresa
let's go visiting by sue williams is an early reader, read aloud kindergarten, sequence of events
Elke Ursin
Feb 13, 2010 Elke Ursin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is surprisingly good! I thought it read really well and baby really enjoyed it.
Meg McGregor
Jun 05, 2013 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-lexi
A fun look at farm animals and the child who loves them. Wonderful illustrations!
Ellen
Jul 17, 2008 Ellen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: babies-toddlers
Good book to share with babies and toddlers
Elizabeth
Jun 02, 2012 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful illustrations with simple text.
Jeannette Dreher
Jeannette Dreher marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Bob Wu
Bob Wu marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
May 30, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Maria
Maria added it
May 27, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
Christa Norman
Christa Norman marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
gloria mccracken
gloria mccracken rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add this book 5 15 Apr 07, 2014 12:29PM
  • Let's Count Goats!
  • Silly Little Goose!
  • What Shall We Do With The Boo Hoo Baby?
  • The Deep Blue Sea: A Book of Colors
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • My Car
  • Farmyard Beat
  • Ten Tiny Babies
  • Two at the Zoo
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • One Duck Stuck