Start by marking “Food Chain Frenzy (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #17)” as Want to Read:
Food Chain Frenzy (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #17)

Food Chain Frenzy (The Magic School Bus Chapter Books #17)

Arnold, Ms. Frizzle, and the whole Magic School Bus crew find themselves in a Food Chain Frenzy as they digest lots of fab facts on ecosystems and eating habits.
Ms. Frizzle is the weirdest teacher around, and Arnold is her most reluctant student. A field trip on the Magic School Bus can be torture for Arnold, and there is just one thing that can make it worse: his cousin
Published February 1st 2004 by Scholastic, Inc. (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Food Chain Frenzy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Food Chain Frenzy

Erin Dixon
SUMMARY: Food Chain Frenzy by Anne Capeci is a Magic School Bus Adventure. Arnold, the narrator, is telling the story of Ms. Frizzle's class going on a field trip to the science museum. Of course, MS. Frizzle has something other than the science museum in mind in order to teach her students about the food chain.
CRITIQUE: The book is authentic but accurate when it comes to the information conveyed to the reader. The Magic School Bus series helps to teach children because the books are written so
Sarah Mckelvy
I homeschool my daughter and have been teaching her about habitats for science. When we came to food chains, I read this book every night for about a week to help her remember some of the things covered. This book is great because it does not just give facts about food chains in a usual boring, dry way. Rather it brings things to life as Ms. Frizzle once again takes her class on an outrageous field trip. One small fact your child/student will learn, "During photosynthesis, the light energy trapp ...more
Dolly
Mar 18, 2013 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Our girls adore Magic School Bus and we've read every book we can get our hands on. This is a great chapter book; it is not too long, and still has lots of pictures. It offers a compreshensive look at food chains and food webs as well as the cycle of life. Our girls especially enjoyed solving the "Incredible Edibles Riddles" before the class did.

Overall, it's an entertaining and exciting story - the author really brings the science to life. We have read most of the books in this series and we w
Kendra Wheeler
Apr 17, 2013 Kendra Wheeler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edre-4870-002
Food Chain Frenzy (The Magic School Bus) by Anne Capeci, is about Ms. Frizzle’s class taking a field trip to the science museum. This book teaches students about the ecosystem, eating habits, and about the food chain.

The illustrations in this book are fun and informative. The content in this book is very detailed but it is still easy enough for kids to be able to read and understand the material.

This book would be great to inspire a lesson about the food chain. In the class activity, each stude
Marcie
Jun 15, 2009 Marcie rated it liked it
The MSB chapter books are much better than the picture books. I never liked to read all the little captions and comments in the picture books. The chapter books include some side notes but I don’t feel obligated to read them. My DD and I had some great discussions about the food chain (natural and human-controlled) while reading this book. This book introduced a lot of new vocabulary and ideas to my 5YO.
Katherine
Aug 09, 2008 Katherine rated it it was ok
Magic School Bus Chapter Books are not very interesting or well written. Their only redeeming quality is getting kids who like Magic School Bus picture books weaned off of them.
Sheila Read
Jun 22, 2013 Sheila Read rated it it was amazing
the kids I was taking care of loved the magic school bus books also watching it so I started trying to get it all of them.
Justine
jahniya
Rickieria Means
Nov 06, 2009 Rickieria Means rated it it was amazing
I never seen a Magic school bus charter booki,but onece
im thinking it would be good.
Luke Ewell
Jan 04, 2015 Luke Ewell rated it liked it
Shelves: 3rd-grade
I learned that when plants or animals are eaten by other animals or humans energy is absorbed. It is a good science book if you want to learn about food chains- read it!
Annie
Annie rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2012
Avril
Avril rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
MICHELLE
MICHELLE rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Charles S
Charles S rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2015
Shelby Swanson
Shelby Swanson rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Anya
Anya rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Willia Hector
Willia Hector rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2015
Zoey Dg
Zoey Dg rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2012
Jenny Mahurin
Jenny Mahurin rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2013
Jacey
Jacey rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2015
Danika Santee
Danika Santee rated it really liked it
May 06, 2015
Marissa
Marissa rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2015
Matthew
Matthew rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2015
Ilvanys Deleon
Ilvanys Deleon rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Fishy Field Trip (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #18)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Butterfly Battle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #16)
  • The Magic School Bus in the Arctic: A Book About Heat: A Book About Heat
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • The Magic School Bus Wet All Over: A Book About The Water Cycle
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Programmed
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Cold Feet: A Book About Hot- and Cold-Blooded Animals
  • The Magic School Bus Meets The Rot Squad: A Book About Decomposition

The Magic School Bus Chapter Books (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Truth About Bats (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #1)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)