Food Chain Frenzy (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #17)

Food Chain Frenzy (The Magic School Bus Chapter Books #17)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Arnold, Ms. Frizzle, and the whole Magic School Bus crew find themselves in a Food Chain Frenzy as they digest lots of fab facts on ecosystems and eating habits.
Ms. Frizzle is the weirdest teacher around, and Arnold is her most reluctant student. A field trip on the Magic School Bus can be torture for Arnold, and there is just one thing that can make it worse: his cousin...more
Published February 1st 2004 by Scholastic, Inc. (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Food Chain Frenzy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Food Chain Frenzy

Erin Dixon
SUMMARY: Food Chain Frenzy by Anne Capeci is a Magic School Bus Adventure. Arnold, the narrator, is telling the story of Ms. Frizzle's class going on a field trip to the science museum. Of course, MS. Frizzle has something other than the science museum in mind in order to teach her students about the food chain.
CRITIQUE: The book is authentic but accurate when it comes to the information conveyed to the reader. The Magic School Bus series helps to teach children because the books are written so...more
Kendra Wheeler
Food Chain Frenzy (The Magic School Bus) by Anne Capeci, is about Ms. Frizzle’s class taking a field trip to the science museum. This book teaches students about the ecosystem, eating habits, and about the food chain.

The illustrations in this book are fun and informative. The content in this book is very detailed but it is still easy enough for kids to be able to read and understand the material.

This book would be great to inspire a lesson about the food chain. In the class activity, each stude...more
Dolly
May 17, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Our girls adore Magic School Bus and we've read every book we can get our hands on. This is a great chapter book; it is not too long, and still has lots of pictures. It offers a compreshensive look at food chains and food webs as well as the cycle of life. Our girls especially enjoyed solving the "Incredible Edibles Riddles" before the class did.

Overall, it's an entertaining and exciting story - the author really brings the science to life. We have read most of the books in this series and we w...more
Marcie
The MSB chapter books are much better than the picture books. I never liked to read all the little captions and comments in the picture books. The chapter books include some side notes but I don’t feel obligated to read them. My DD and I had some great discussions about the food chain (natural and human-controlled) while reading this book. This book introduced a lot of new vocabulary and ideas to my 5YO.
Katherine
Magic School Bus Chapter Books are not very interesting or well written. Their only redeeming quality is getting kids who like Magic School Bus picture books weaned off of them.
Sheila Read
the kids I was taking care of loved the magic school bus books also watching it so I started trying to get it all of them.
Rickieria Means
I never seen a Magic school bus charter booki,but onece
im thinking it would be good.
Justine
jahniya
Zoya
Zoya marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Nirav Gandhi
Nirav Gandhi marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Anya R
Anya R added it
Aug 26, 2014
Cooper
Cooper added it
Jun 25, 2014
Mrsvvnhongmail.com
Mrsvvnhongmail.com marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Arnaud
Arnaud marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Alex
Alex added it
May 27, 2014
Andra
Andra marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Kalah Weaver
Kalah Weaver marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Nolan
Nolan added it
May 13, 2014
Emma
Emma added it
May 12, 2014
Chelsea Aulenback
Chelsea Aulenback marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6) Electric Storm (Magic School Bus Chapter Books, #14) The Magic School Bus Has a Heart Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11) The Magic School Bus Rides The Wind (Science Reader)