Start by marking “Midnight's Choice” as Want to Read:
Midnight's Choice

Midnight's Choice (Switchers #2)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  350 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Kate Thompson's sequel to Switchers has Tess confronting the sinister Martin, who as a vampire encourages her to join him in his evil ways. She is alone in her struggle because her friend Kevin has become a phoenix and now resides in a zoo.
Published May 7th 1998 by Putnam Aeronautical Books

To ask other readers questions about Midnight's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight's Choice

Magda
I really hate that this book equates good with disinterested. I couldn't get past that, and then, to hammer in the blurb on the back's "young people are going to enjoy every bit as much as The Golden Compass," on page 138, "There was a certain arrogance about the bird's demeanor as he hung there above them all, passing his benevolent eyes from one to another, as distant as a priest handing out communion."

There are too many places to begin attacking that analogy. My husband is a priest, and he ta
Barbara ★
This is book 2 of the Switchers series (book 1 is Switchers). Tess is fourteen and only has one year to decide what she wants to be forever. At the age of 15, she can no longer switch shape at will. Her old switcher friend, Kevin reappears as a phoenix and Tess thinks it would be cool to be a phoenix forever, as well. Then she meets another switcher, Martin, who is a vampire and she's conflicted.

In a juvenile way this is an interesting series. Definitely something the younger generations would e
Aelvana
The second book in the Switchers trilogy, this book begins a few months after the first one ended. Tess is glad Kevin survived by turning himself into a phoenix, but she's having second thoughts about his new form when he's captured by the zoo and sold to a private collector. With only a week before he's shipped to America, she has to think of a way to save him, fast. But Martin, a new Switcher she's discovered, is complicating her life. Martin wants her to become a vampire like him, or he'll ma ...more
Relyn
Jul 31, 2013 Relyn rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Switchers fans
Recommended to Relyn by: I loved the book Switchers
I just love libraries! I really wanted to read this hard-to-find book, so I did an interlibrary loan request. My library borrowed it from a library 5 hours away and had it sent to me. For free! God bless public libraries!

SPOILER ALERT
Anyway. I read the first book in this series called Switchers many years ago. I recently read it again and enjoyed it just as much. I looked to see what else Kate Thompson had written and found this sequel. To be honest, I found myself enjoying the book and then ann
Kelsie Beaudoin (The Bookworm)
This is the second book in the series, and I have to admit I did not like it as much as the first one. But it was good all the same.

It follows the story of Tess as she tries to decide which animal she will choose forever, because at 15 you lose the ability to shift into any animal, you have to choose just one. Kevin chooses a phoenix, which Tess considers, but then she meets Martin, whose forever shape is a vampire. And she has a hard time deciding what she will choose when her time comes.

This w
Emily Porcupine
good. a little cheesy but good:-) :-) :-) quick and fun
Madi Schoenecker
Becca Wren
Great book for young readers who like fantasy/paranormal that want something other than vampires or werewolves. There are few shape shifter books out there for children. Its short but does not feel like it was rushed in any way
Oanh
Less compelling and engrossing and (dare I say it w.r.t YA fantasy ...) credible than the first Switchers, but still very enjoyable. I read it in a single sitting, so I must have liked it!
Nicole
Nov 10, 2012 Nicole rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Gina Claphan
Powerful female main character that has to make some difficult decisions. Interesting read, introduction of vampire element, but only just
Natasha
It was interesting and had a much better sense of time than the previous. I definitely like this book more than the first one.
Vern
Great read. Good story. Looking forward to #3. Vampyrs in this one!
Angelina
it was fun to read and exsting
Lola
Lola marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Danyel Anastasiou
Danyel Anastasiou marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Rebekah Robinson
Rebekah Robinson marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Abigail Nielsen
Abigail Nielsen marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
  • Owl in Love
  • Danger in the Palace (Circle of Magic #4)
  • Gom on Windy Mountain (Gom, #1)
  • Growing Wings
  • Uma Aventura no Verão
  • Timekeepers
  • O clube das chaves entra em acção
  • The Goldsmith's Daughter
  • The Wild Hunt
  • The Ring-O-bells Mystery (Barney Mysteries, #3)
  • The Children's Crusade (The Books of Magic, #3)
  • Cold Tom

Kate Thompson is an award-winning writer for children and adults.She has lived in Ireland, where many of her books are set, since 1981. She is the youngest child of the social historians and peace activists E. P. Thompson and Dorothy Towers. She worked with horses and travelled in India before settling in the w
More about Kate Thompson...

Switchers (3 books)
  • Switchers (Switchers, #1)
  • Wild Blood (Switchers, #3)
The New Policeman (New Policeman, #1) Switchers (Switchers, #1) Creature of the Night The Last of the High Kings (New Policeman, #2) Wild Blood (Switchers, #3)