Start by marking “As Bill Sees It: The A. A. Way of Life ...Selected Writings of the A. A.'s Co-Founder” as Want to Read:

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  567 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This volume includes several hundred excerpts from our literature, touching nearly every aspect of A.A.'s way of life. It is felt that this material may become an aid to individual meditation and a stimulant to group discussion, and may well lead to a still wider reading of all our literature. (from paperbackswap.com)
Published June 1st 1967 by Alcoholics Anonymous World Serv Inc

To ask other readers questions about As Bill Sees It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As Bill Sees It

Jim
This is more of a daily reader for me. Bill, one of the founders of AA, was a very smart man & thought long & deeply about various aspects of the program & recovery. Each page deals with a separate subject; quickly & consisely, but with an in depth knowledge that makes me think long & hard about his points. If you're a member of AA, NA or most other 12 Step programs, it's worth reading, but I'd suggest as a page a day.
Jason Bickford
Bill Wilson never got sober or even worked a program. He switched his drug of choice from booze to unfamiliar women in early recovery. He was a self centered 13th stepper. He also enjoyed a nice sobriety break while tripping on LSD so much his wife and Dr. Bob had to perform an intervention. That is why I take little stock in Bill's thoughts on the program he plagiarized outright from the Oxford Group. AA's grounding in Christianity and its dogmatic requirement to commune with a God also known i ...more
Chris Gager
I just picked this one up at my AA meeting. I try to be open about Bill's writing knowing that there's a lot of good stuff in there(mixed in with the dubious and outright crap). I especially dislike his pushing of soft-core religion. It's unnecessary and disrespectful but I suppose it was not so easy to understand that back in the day. True believers tend to have bad boundaries. We'll see...
Marisa Bennett
"As Bill Sees It" is a great book to put in another person's hand to keep by their reading table at all times!r If you are sponsoring, or encouraging another alcoholic/addict, there are small sections you can email, or even text, as a daily thought. I love this little book.
Kathleen
As Bill Sees It: The A. A. Way of Life ...Selected Writings of the A. A.'s Co-Founder by Alcoholics Anonymous World Service (1967)
Ted Guglielmo
Fantastic collection of short spiritual essays and thoughts that I read almost daily. keeps me right sized and grounded.
Jo-jo
A great book to pray for guidance and see where it opens. It's usually what I need to read or meditate on.
Mary-jeanne Smith
We use this book at our meetings every week. Great little wisp-its of wisdom for daily living.
Shannon
Musings and meditations from the founder of AA.
Lakmal Rajapakse
Lakmal Rajapakse marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Kate Bagoy
Kate Bagoy marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Megan Hoover
Megan Hoover marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie is currently reading it
Jul 03, 2015
David Nichols
David Nichols marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Lori
Lori added it
Jun 24, 2015
Shishank Sabharwal
Shishank Sabharwal marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Ann De villiers
Ann De villiers marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
  • One Day at a Time in Al-Anon
  • A New Pair of Glasses
  • Twenty Four Hours a Day
  • Narcotics Anonymous
  • My Name Is Bill: Bill Wilson--His Life and the Creation of Alcoholics Anonymous
  • Staying Sober: A Guide for Relapse Prevention- Based Upon the CENAPS Model of Treatment
  • The Sermon on the Mount: The Key to Success in Life
  • It Will Never Happen to Me!
  • The Addictive Personality: Understanding the Addictive Process and Compulsive Behavior
  • Adult Children of Alcoholics
  • Drop The Rock: Removing Character Defects - Steps Six and Seven
  • Facing Codependence: What It Is, Where It Comes from, How It Sabotages Our Lives
  • The Language of Letting Go: Daily Meditations on Codependency (Hazelden Meditation Series)
  • Not God: A History of Alcoholics Anonymous
  • Struggle for Intimacy
  • Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women
  • UNIX in a Nutshell: System V Edition: A Desktop Quick Reference for System V Release 4 and Solaris 2.0
  • The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous
Alcoholics Anonymous - Big Book Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Daily Reflections: A Book of Reflections by AA Members for AA Members/B-12 Came to Believe Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age: A Brief History of Alcoholic Anonymous

“The deception of others is almost always rooted in the deception of ourselves.” 3 likes