4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  452 ratings  ·  8 reviews
This volume includes several hundred excerpts from our literature, touching nearly every aspect of A.A.'s way of life. It is felt that this material may become an aid to individual meditation and a stimulant to group discussion, and may well lead to a still wider reading of all our literature. (from paperbackswap.com)
Published June 1st 1967 by Alcoholics Anonymous World Serv Inc

Jason Bickford
Bill Willson never got sober or worked a program. He switched his drug of choice from booze to unfamiliar women in early recovery. He also enjoyed a nice sobriety break while tripping on LSD so much his wife and Dr. bob had to perform an intervention. That is why I take little stock in Bill thoughts on the program he plagiarized outright from the Oxford Group. AA's grounding in Christianity and its dogmatic requirement to commune with a God also known in the Twelve Steps as Him with a capital H,...more
Jim
This is more of a daily reader for me. Bill, one of the founders of AA, was a very smart man & thought long & deeply about various aspects of the program & recovery. Each page deals with a separate subject; quickly & consisely, but with an in depth knowledge that makes me think long & hard about his points. If you're a member of AA, NA or most other 12 Step programs, it's worth reading, but I'd suggest as a page a day.
Chris Gager
I just picked this one up at my AA meeting. I try to be open about Bill's writing knowing that there's a lot of good stuff in there(mixed in with the dubious and outright crap). I especially dislike his pushing of soft-core religion. It's unnecessary and disrespectful but I suppose it was not so easy to understand that back in the day. True believers tend to have bad boundaries. We'll see...
Marisa Bennett
"As Bill Sees It" is a great book to put in another person's hand to keep by their reading table at all times!r If you are sponsoring, or encouraging another alcoholic/addict, there are small sections you can email, or even text, as a daily thought. I love this little book.
Kathleen
As Bill Sees It: The A. A. Way of Life ...Selected Writings of the A. A.'s Co-Founder by Alcoholics Anonymous World Service (1967)
Ted Guglielmo
Fantastic collection of short spiritual essays and thoughts that I read almost daily. keeps me right sized and grounded.
Jo-jo
A great book to pray for guidance and see where it opens. It's usually what I need to read or meditate on.
Mary-jeanne Smith
We use this book at our meetings every week. Great little wisp-its of wisdom for daily living.
Shannon
Musings and meditations from the founder of AA.
Oscar Rangel
Oscar Rangel marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Roy
Roy added it
Jul 15, 2014
Donald Schindler
Donald Schindler marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Suzanne Knighten
Suzanne Knighten marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Sarah Myers
Sarah Myers marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Rob K
Rob K marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Smita
Smita marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
  • One Day at a Time in Al-Anon
  • Narcotics Anonymous
  • My Name Is Bill: Bill Wilson--His Life and the Creation of Alcoholics Anonymous
  • The Sermon on the Mount: The Key to Success in Life
  • It Will Never Happen to Me!
  • Adult Children of Alcoholics
  • Facing Codependence: What It Is, Where It Comes from, How It Sabotages Our Lives
  • The Language of Letting Go: Hazelden Meditation Series
  • God Calling
  • The Spirituality of Imperfection: Storytelling and the Search for Meaning
  • Addiction and Grace: Love and Spirituality in the Healing of Addictions
  • The Courage to Heal Workbook: A Guide for Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse
  • The 12-Step Buddhist: Enhance Recovery from Any Addiction
  • In the Drink
  • Bradshaw on the Family: A New Way of Creating Solid Self-Esteem
  • Bruce Lee The Tao of Gung Fu: A Study in the Way of Chinese Martial Art
  • The Places That Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times by Pema Chodron Summary & Study Guide
  • The Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms
Alcoholics Anonymous - Big Book Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Daily Reflections: A Book of Reflections by AA Members for AA Members/B-12 Came to Believe Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age: A Brief History of Alcoholic Anonymous

“The deception of others is almost always rooted in the deception of ourselves.” 2 likes