Start by marking “As Bill Sees It: The A.A. Way of Life...Selected Writings of A.A.'s Co-Founder” as Want to Read:
As Bill Sees It: The A.A. Way of Life...Selected Writings of A.A.'s Co-Founder

As Bill Sees It: The A.A. Way of Life...Selected Writings of A.A.'s Co-Founder

From Foreword:
This volume includes several hundred excerpts from our literature, touching nearly every aspect of A.A.'s way of life. It is felt that this material may become an aid to individual meditation and a stimulant to group discussion, and may well lead to a still wider reading of all our literature.
~ Bill W., April 1967
Published December 1st 1967 by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services (first published June 1967)

To ask other readers questions about As Bill Sees It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As Bill Sees It

Jim
Jan 03, 2008 Jim rated it it was amazing
This is more of a daily reader for me. Bill, one of the founders of AA, was a very smart man & thought long & deeply about various aspects of the program & recovery. Each page deals with a separate subject; quickly & consisely, but with an in depth knowledge that makes me think long & hard about his points. If you're a member of AA, NA or most other 12 Step programs, it's worth reading, but I'd suggest as a page a day.
Jason Bickford
Nov 28, 2012 Jason Bickford rated it it was ok
Bill Wilson never got sober or even worked a program. He switched his drug of choice from booze to unfamiliar women in early recovery. He was a self centered 13th stepper. He also enjoyed a nice sobriety break while tripping on LSD so much his wife and Dr. Bob had to perform an intervention. That is why I take little stock in Bill's thoughts on the program he plagiarized outright from the Oxford Group. AA's grounding in Christianity and its dogmatic requirement to commune with a God also known i ...more
Chris Gager
Jul 09, 2012 Chris Gager rated it liked it
I just picked this one up at my AA meeting. I try to be open about Bill's writing knowing that there's a lot of good stuff in there(mixed in with the dubious and outright crap). I especially dislike his pushing of soft-core religion. It's unnecessary and disrespectful but I suppose it was not so easy to understand that back in the day. True believers tend to have bad boundaries. We'll see...
Marisa Bennett
Apr 13, 2012 Marisa Bennett rated it it was amazing
"As Bill Sees It" is a great book to put in another person's hand to keep by their reading table at all times!r If you are sponsoring, or encouraging another alcoholic/addict, there are small sections you can email, or even text, as a daily thought. I love this little book.
Karen
Mar 17, 2017 Karen rated it liked it
Very good if you're in aa.
J. Benjamin
Mar 11, 2016 J. Benjamin rated it really liked it
I'm not an alcoholic, (meaning, I never drink, not that I'm in denial about alcoholism) but I find great insights in this little book. I appreciate any writing that helps build up the spirit and destroy the ego.
Ted Guglielmo
Aug 05, 2012 Ted Guglielmo rated it it was amazing
Fantastic collection of short spiritual essays and thoughts that I read almost daily. keeps me right sized and grounded.
Kathleen
Aug 23, 2010 Kathleen rated it really liked it
As Bill Sees It: The A. A. Way of Life ...Selected Writings of the A. A.'s Co-Founder by Alcoholics Anonymous World Service (1967)
Mary-jeanne Smith
Jan 13, 2013 Mary-jeanne Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recovery
We use this book at our meetings every week. Great little wisp-its of wisdom for daily living.
Jo-jo
Sep 23, 2012 Jo-jo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recovery
A great book to pray for guidance and see where it opens. It's usually what I need to read or meditate on.
Mitzi Burton
Mitzi Burton rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2013
Mike D.
Mike D. rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2014
Leon
Leon rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2014
Katharine
Katharine rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2013
Lynne Whittle
Lynne Whittle rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2012
Marv
Marv rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2009
Matthew Iverson
Matthew Iverson rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2008
Mary Carleton gargiulo
Mary Carleton gargiulo rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2014
Claire
Claire rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2007
Sue Triforo
Sue Triforo rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
Kevin
Kevin rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2010
Daniel Mala
Daniel Mala rated it really liked it
May 09, 2013
Deirdre
Deirdre rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2014
Laurajean
Laurajean rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2012
Edie Hall
Edie Hall rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Kathleen C.
Kathleen C. rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2012
Sean
Sean rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2013
  • One Day at a Time in Al-Anon
  • A New Pair of Glasses
  • Twenty Four Hours a Day
  • Narcotics Anonymous
  • Staying Sober: A Guide for Relapse Prevention- Based Upon the CENAPS Model of Treatment
  • My Name Is Bill: Bill Wilson--His Life and the Creation of Alcoholics Anonymous
  • The Sermon on the Mount: The Key to Success in Life
  • It Will Never Happen to Me!
  • The Addictive Personality: Understanding the Addictive Process and Compulsive Behavior
  • Adult Children of Alcoholics
  • Drop The Rock: Removing Character Defects - Steps Six and Seven
  • Facing Codependence: What It Is, Where It Comes from, How It Sabotages Our Lives
  • The Little Red Book
  • The Language of Letting Go: Daily Meditations on Codependency (Hazelden Meditation Series)
  • Not God: A History of Alcoholics Anonymous
  • Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women (Hazelden Meditations)
  • Struggle for Intimacy
  • 12 Steps on Buddha's Path: Bill, Buddha, and We

“The deception of others is almost always rooted in the deception of ourselves.” 3 likes