Start by marking “Bodyline Autopsy: The Full Story of the Most Sensational Test Cricket Series - England Vs. Australia 1932-3” as Want to Read:

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The story of the most controversial Test series in cricket's history.
Published September 25th 2003 by Aurum Press (first published November 25th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Bodyline Autopsy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bodyline Autopsy

Michael Webster
I am usually quite sceptical of sports books and when I was bought this for a Christmas, many, many years ago, I was not overly impressed. I gave it a go when I first received and (I think) finished it, though I could remember none of it and didn't really enjoy it, as I was not the cricket enthusiast I am today. I picked Bodyline Autopsy up again last year and re-read it and was very much impressed. David Frith provides a solid account of the series itself, as well as the development of leg-theo...more
Geevee
A well written and balanced account of the events leading to the "Bodyline" series. David Frith not only places the main characters in cricket's most controversial test series (or indeed match) ever, but he also provides a politocal, ecomionic and social background to the matches and what it meant for the respectiove countries, spectators, administrators and players. He is interesting in his views on players such as Bradman, Jardine and Larwood being both generous and critical.

A book that is bot...more
Venky
No author before or ever since has so clinically dissected the controversies, consequences and calamities surrounding the infamous 'Bodyline' cricket series. This is a must read for everybody who nourishes even the most infinitesimal interest in this beautiful game! A veritable masterpiece
Carolyn
The author obviously did a lot of research and unearthed copious facts, seemingly using every single one in this book. The overwhelming detail made reading it a real slog. Definitely one for the purists.
Mark
Bodyline - I was running a training session a year or so back & the Australians in the audience where (still) moaning about the iniquity of the bodyline tour!
John Mcpheat
I thought this was an interesting book, it was certainly comprehensive, but I found it very hard work.
Monte
Monte marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Paul Titley
Paul Titley is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2014
Stevejames
Stevejames marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Sp
Sp marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Sheamus
Sheamus marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Rake
Rake marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Prasanna M R
Prasanna M R marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Rajneel Kumar
Rajneel Kumar marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
kaśyap
kaśyap marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Subrata Das
Subrata Das marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Abhinav Dhar
Abhinav Dhar marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Silence Of The Heart: Cricket Suicides The Fast Men: A 200 Year Cavalcade Of Speed Bowlers Archie Jackson: The Keats of Cricket One Hundred Walks Around Manchester The Battle Renewed: The Ashes Regained 2006-2007