Start by marking “Servant to a King” as Want to Read:
Servant to a King

Servant to a King

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  303 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
When Isabel's father offers her hand to a Nephite, she's shocked and angry--and when the offer is refused, she's utterly furious. How dare this Ammon refuse to marry the beautiful eldest daughter of King Lamoni! There could only be one explanation for this unforgivable dishonor: Ammon must be a spy.

Isabel closely watches her enemy, expecting to find evidence of treachery,
Published 2008 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Servant to a King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Servant to a King

Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
193rd out of 503 books — 448 voters
Once Upon a Road Trip by Angela N. BlountDivergent by Veronica RothMy Fair Godmother by Janette RallisonMy Unfair Godmother by Janette RallisonFame, Glory, and Other Things on My To Do List by Janette Rallison
Clean Teen Novels
96th out of 149 books — 31 voters

More lists with this book...

Renetta DeBoer
Jan 15, 2016 Renetta DeBoer rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! The more I read the more I fall in love with Ammon. I can feel the spirit reflecting out of him through his actions and words. He has an undying love for the Lord and trust the Lord in all he does. He has a love for the Lamanite people even after they had treated him badly. He loves life and enjoys laughing, joking and smiling. I can feel the warmth of his smile and it makes me happy. He thinks he was the "vilest of sinners" when he was younger, but how could he when I see him as ...more
Oct 14, 2008 Shannon rated it did not like it
Shelves: lds-fiction
The premise of taking a story from the Book of Mormon and looking at it from the unknown daughter's view is interesting, but I didn't like it in practice. I didn't think the book was either that compelling or well-written. Not one I'd pick up again.
Jan 26, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fun-read
I Loved this book, it had me going back to the scriptures to see what really happened and what was added to the story. I could cearly see in my mind what was happening, as if I was right there.
Keep them coming Sariah.
Feb 17, 2009 Heather rated it liked it
I enjoyed her other 2 books much more, so I guess I found myself a little disappointed. But still, it would be a fun read for a YA audience.
Oct 09, 2008 Kami rated it it was amazing
Sariah S. Wilson has done it again! She has quickly become my favorite author as her tales pull me in from start to finish.

When Isabel's father offers her hand to a Nephite, she's shocked and angry-and when the offer is refused, she's utterly furious. How dare this Ammon refuse to marry the beautiful eldest daughter of King Lamoni! There could only be one explanation for this unforgivable dishonor: Ammon must be a spy.
Isabel closely watches her enemy, expecting to find evidence of treachery, bu
Nov 02, 2009 Mommywest rated it really liked it
This fictionalized account of Ammon's mission to the land of Ishmael to teach the gospel to the Lamanites is very well done, but I guess I didn't like Sariah Wilson's protrayal of Ammon as well as I liked the one of Alma in another of her books, Desires of Our Hearts. The story is told from the perspective of King Lamoni's daughter, Isabel (the one he offered as a wife to Ammon when he arrived in the land), and also from the perspective of Ammon as he serves the king and his household. The story ...more
May 14, 2010 Marilyn rated it liked it
A good read...but a bit too shallow for my taste. I would have liked more in-depth detailing and about 200 more pages. I enjoyed reading this story of Ammon and King Lamonhi as if I were actually there. The romantic bit between Ammon and the King's daughter Isabel was fun. The author also added a few other interesting twists and turns to the story. I do have one huge gripe...not about the story, but the book cover photos. They are so obviously "posed by models" and cheesy, plus the model posing ...more
Apr 19, 2010 Cara added it
I loved this book!! Of all the romance books I have read, I've never read one so quickly. I just got so connected to this book, and then I couldn't set it down. I love Sariah S. Wilson, with the way she ties romance in with the Book of Mormon stories. If you are a sucker for romance books, like I am, then I would most definitely suggest this book.
Jun 10, 2013 Joy rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Dumb but fun book. Some of the brotherly bantering made me laugh - out loud. Who doesn't love a love story with a few battles? Based on a favorite "Book of Mormon" story of Ammon. A true hero, Ammon becomes a servant to King Lamoni and if you know the story, he has an interesting time while tending the kings flocks by the waters of Sebus.
Feb 28, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Who knew that Ammon had such a great sense of humor! Ammon patiently awaits the opportunity to teach the Lamanites in Ishmael the truth about God. In the meantime, King Lamoni's eldest daughter, Isabel, is making it difficult to resist. Both hearts are falling in love while trying to remember who they are.
Katie BingBag
Sep 23, 2011 Katie BingBag rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, freaking-awesome
This is a LDS romance, which is, i know, a really.........REALLY, REALLY wierd combo, but i REALLY,REALLY,REALLY like it. About a princess that hates ammon, the missionary that she thinks came to spy on the laminities. And this is his story of converting the laminities, and her story of falling in love.
Apr 13, 2010 Steve rated it it was amazing
I like the book's that Sariah Wilson wright's becoues of the waya she a little peces from the book of Mormoen and wright a houle book from it. One of my favent part's of the book is where Ammoren is aboul to trike Iesbal in to doing his work.
Oct 23, 2013 Tausha rated it liked it

Reading this book just as a story I really liked it. It was fun, clean, and faith promoting. I had to NOT think of it as an accurate telling of the true story! Interesting to see the author's imagination of what could have happened at the time.
Dec 23, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it
This book was awesome! Sariah S. Wilson did such a good job with this story. I never thought I could fall in love with Book of Mormon characters like I fall in love with other book, but after reading this book I realized I could.
Oct 30, 2008 Angela rated it it was amazing
I love Sariah Wilson's Book of Mormon fiction. She's able to keep her books fresh and interesting. I love how the love story of Ammon and King Lamoni's daughter is infused with this wonderful story of faith and conversion.
Apr 02, 2011 April rated it it was ok
I liked this one as much as her other book I read. This one is about the story of Ammon and his mission to the Lamanite people. I've always loved his story and it was awesome to read it as a historical fiction account.
Whitney Smith
Aug 12, 2015 Whitney Smith rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I loved this book. It was really cool to read a story from the perspective of a person who is mentioned in the Book of Mormon but that we know little about.
May 22, 2013 Deanna rated it liked it
Serious brain candy. While historically accurate there was no spiritual/doctrine depth in the amazing experiences that Ammon and his brothers go through.
Jul 06, 2012 Meg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: breaks-2012, lds
Loved it! It was the story of Ammon when he was a servant to King Lammoni, but with a rather large hint of romance. I absolutly LOVE Utah!!
Apr 06, 2011 Swhe641200 rated it liked it
GSB King Lamoni offer his daughter Isabelle to Ammon in theBook of Mormon this a story from Isabelle's point of view. Cute Story
Terri St.
Nov 02, 2010 Terri St. rated it liked it
Not as well done as the other two stories by Sariah S. Wilson. But she is still a good author and the book was enjoyable.
Lisa Anne
Jun 05, 2010 Lisa Anne rated it it was amazing
I have always loved the story of Ammon and the 'bloody arms' as my primary class called it. This was a fun adaptation.
Dec 26, 2008 Shanda rated it liked it
Fictional retelling of Ammon during his time as a servant in King Lamoni's court. LDS young women would enjoy this story.
Nicole Prentice
Sep 30, 2013 Nicole Prentice rated it liked it
The book was pretty cheesy and predictable but I did enjoy reading it and I know I would have loved it when I was in high school.
Dec 24, 2011 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I am in love with this book. It is one of my favorites. This is one I would recommend to just about anybody. :)
Sep 13, 2010 Julie rated it liked it
A nice afternoon read. It was sort of like a Mormon YA romance with Ammon as the hero. Sweet and fluffy. :)
Oct 07, 2009 Coral rated it it was ok
This was a cute story, but it seemed written for very young readers (I think Emma would enjoy it...she's nine).
Dec 10, 2008 Maria rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a wonderful book. Fell in love with Ammon. I can't wait to read the other books.
Jul 09, 2010 Lydia rated it really liked it
I thought this was a fun book it was one that I've actually picked up and reread my favorite parts.
Alesha Holt
Jan 17, 2011 Alesha Holt rated it really liked it
This was my absolute favorite out of the "series" she has!! So cute and spiritual!
  • Midnight Whispers
  • Ammon (Book of Mormon, #4)
  • The Forgotten Warrior
  • Sapphires and Smugglers (Gems and Espionage, #5)
  • Backlash (Saint Squad, #4)
  • A Modest Proposal (Butterfly Box, #1)
  • Santa Maybe
  • The Bishop's Bride
  • Ghost of a Chance
  • No Time for Love
  • All's Fair
  • Until Proven Guilty (Haggerty Mystery, #2)