Start by marking “The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings” as Want to Read:

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Massive and scholarly, but written for scientific and theological lay persons, this book combines the findings of many disciplines.
Published February 1st 1976 by Baker Books

To ask other readers questions about The Genesis Record, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Genesis Record

Joshua Mitchell
Wow...this devotional and scientific and historical commentary took me about 5 years to get through. But that included putting it down for about 1 year before I got married and then for 2 years while I lived "overseas" in Hawaii. This is a fantastic commentary with tons of great information about the culture, geography, and events that surrounded the development of the nation of Israel. I highly recommend that if you are a Biblical scholar, or try to be, like myself...pick it up and struggle thr ...more
Rich
Jesus said that if you do not believe the words Moses wrte how will you believe what He says?

If you have a difficult time with "in the beginning God" creatd. Then we will have a difficult time knowing He can make us new creations.
Don't let the lies and science so called of today and the world trip you up. Grab this study and go verse by verse with the dependability of the WOrd of God witha good teacher and some wonderful proofs the Lord has given us that point to Him.
Lisa
Loved this book! It is unlike any other commentary. At times, I felt as though I was reading a novel. This book made Bible characters and places more real to me. I felt sad when some of the characters died because I almost felt like I knew them. A must read for anyone studying Genesis or for someone who has grown bored with familiarity and needs a fresh perspective.
Larry Killion
“This is quite possibly the BEST Commentary on the Book of Genesis that you will find on the market today. I've rated it as 5 stars and marked it as one of my FAVORITES."

Larry K wrote this review Saturday, March 7, 2009.
Tintinrulz
"The Genesis Record" by Henry M. Morris is an exhaustive commentary on the Book of Genesis as found in the Old Testament section of the Bible. The book tackles the many contexts contained herein: historical, cultural, theological, linguistic and even the scientific. For a book that's almost 40 years old, the scientific facts are surprisingly up-to-date (probably because he adheres strongly to a literal interpretation of Genesis). The only truly disputable theories presented are one or two histor ...more
Nancy Bandusky
Excellent uncompromising Biblical narrative commentary on the first book, the foundational book, of the inspired Word of God - The Bible.

The author takes the reader verse by verse through Genesis providing information to fully understand this important, and often ignored, book of the Bible.
Laura Hodgins
So interesting. I can't believe I read the whole thing.
Nathan
The Genesis Record is an excellent, well-written presentation of what the book of Genesis teaches us about Creation and the Flood. This book helped me learn to take Scripture at face value and to reject man-made ideas such as the "Gap Theory".
Tim Woody
Both readable and good as a reference. He does great job on the creation narrative and one of the best exegetical treatments of Jacob. Although he does precisely what he warns against with Joseph. Readable 6/10 as a reference 8/10.
Terry Morgan
Best book I have read on the book of Genesis. I have taught Genesis for a local Bible College, and this was my go to book. This is a must have for a good Christian library.
Ben
This was an interesting read, and despite the fact that Morris makes some rather sizeable leaps in logic at times, I still consider this book to be a valuable resource.
Kym
LOVED this! Fascinating account with scientific support for the Creation and all of the histories laid out for us in the book of Genesis.
Kristopherandmary
Logos prepub $29 with another book. $27 amz
Jeffrey
My Genesis text book from Bible College. Henry Morris is great and this book has many good things and has with stood the test of time.
Tabitha Dufrene
Tabitha Dufrene marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Brenda B.
Brenda B. marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Shem
Shem marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Kit Portillo
Kit Portillo marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Michael Locklear
Michael Locklear marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Gary
Gary marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Steven Ruff
Steven Ruff marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Akira
Akira marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Alberta
Alberta marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
  • The Lie: Evolution
  • Safe in the Arms of God: Truth from Heaven about the Death of a Child
  • A Survey of Old Testament Introduction
  • Study Bible KJV - Scofield Reference Bible
  • In Six Days: Why Fifty Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation
  • Sketches of Jewish Social Life
  • Reason in the Balance: The Case Against Naturalism in Science, Law & Education
  • Starlight and Time: Solving the Puzzle of Distant Starlight in a Young Universe
  • Always Ready: Directions For Defending The Faith
  • Bones of Contention: A Creationist Assessment of the Human Fossils
  • Annals of the World
  • The Search for the Twelve Apostles
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Darwinism  And Intelligent Design
  • The Witness of the Stars
  • The Message of Ephesians (Bible Speaks Today NT)
  • Romans (Romans Series, Vol 1)
  • Kingdom of Priests: A History of Old Testament Israel
  • Stand: A Call for the Endurance of the Saints
Librarian Note: There is more than one author with this name in the Goodreads database.
More about Henry M. Morris...
Genesis Flood Scientific Creationism The Long War Against God: The History & Impact of the Creation/Evolution Conflict Remarkable Record Of Job Pb Men of Science, Men of God: Great Scientists Who Believed the Bible