Start by marking “The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings” as Want to Read:

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  223 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
"The Genesis Record" is the only commentary on the complete Book of Genesis written by a creationist scientist. Written as narrative exposition rather than a critical verse-by-verse analysis (although discussions on all important historical and scientific problems are woven into the narrative), "The Genesis Record" is equally useful to both the theologically trained and th ...more
Published February 1st 1976 by Baker Books

To ask other readers questions about The Genesis Record, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Genesis Record

Joshua Mitchell
Jan 19, 2012 Joshua Mitchell rated it really liked it
Wow...this devotional and scientific and historical commentary took me about 5 years to get through. But that included putting it down for about 1 year before I got married and then for 2 years while I lived "overseas" in Hawaii. This is a fantastic commentary with tons of great information about the culture, geography, and events that surrounded the development of the nation of Israel. I highly recommend that if you are a Biblical scholar, or try to be, like myself...pick it up and struggle thr ...more
Rich
Dec 12, 2008 Rich rated it really liked it
Jesus said that if you do not believe the words Moses wrte how will you believe what He says?

If you have a difficult time with "in the beginning God" creatd. Then we will have a difficult time knowing He can make us new creations.
Don't let the lies and science so called of today and the world trip you up. Grab this study and go verse by verse with the dependability of the WOrd of God witha good teacher and some wonderful proofs the Lord has given us that point to Him.
Lisa
Apr 09, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! It is unlike any other commentary. At times, I felt as though I was reading a novel. This book made Bible characters and places more real to me. I felt sad when some of the characters died because I almost felt like I knew them. A must read for anyone studying Genesis or for someone who has grown bored with familiarity and needs a fresh perspective.
Larry Killion
Sep 17, 2013 Larry Killion rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bible-commentary
“This is quite possibly the BEST Commentary on the Book of Genesis that you will find on the market today. I've rated it as 5 stars and marked it as one of my FAVORITES."

Larry K wrote this review Saturday, March 7, 2009.
Tintinrulz
Oct 13, 2014 Tintinrulz rated it really liked it
"The Genesis Record" by Henry M. Morris is an exhaustive commentary on the Book of Genesis as found in the Old Testament section of the Bible. The book tackles the many contexts contained herein: historical, cultural, theological, linguistic and even the scientific. For a book that's almost 40 years old, the scientific facts are surprisingly up-to-date (probably because he adheres strongly to a literal interpretation of Genesis). The only truly disputable theories presented are one or two histor ...more
Nancy Bandusky
Apr 13, 2014 Nancy Bandusky rated it it was amazing
Excellent uncompromising Biblical narrative commentary on the first book, the foundational book, of the inspired Word of God - The Bible.

The author takes the reader verse by verse through Genesis providing information to fully understand this important, and often ignored, book of the Bible.
Royce Ratterman
Feb 07, 2016 Royce Ratterman rated it it was amazing

Most books are rated related to their usefulness and contributions to my research.
Overall, a good book for the researcher and enthusiast.
Read for personal research
- found this book's contents helpful and inspiring - number rating relates to the book's contribution to my needs.
Dustin
Aug 06, 2015 Dustin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Morris's commentary causes the reader to view the Genesis account in new light with an in depth analysis of the true meaning of the Hebrew language in which it was written. The narrative method in which he wrote the book make the stories in Genesis more personal to the reader.
Laura Hodgins
May 16, 2014 Laura Hodgins rated it really liked it
So interesting. I can't believe I read the whole thing.
Nathan
The Genesis Record is an excellent, well-written presentation of what the book of Genesis teaches us about Creation and the Flood. This book helped me learn to take Scripture at face value and to reject man-made ideas such as the "Gap Theory".
Tim Woody
Dec 31, 2011 Tim Woody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theological
Both readable and good as a reference. He does great job on the creation narrative and one of the best exegetical treatments of Jacob. Although he does precisely what he warns against with Joseph. Readable 6/10 as a reference 8/10.
Terry Morgan
May 22, 2012 Terry Morgan rated it it was amazing
Best book I have read on the book of Genesis. I have taught Genesis for a local Bible College, and this was my go to book. This is a must have for a good Christian library.
Ben
Feb 17, 2015 Ben rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting read, and despite the fact that Morris makes some rather sizeable leaps in logic at times, I still consider this book to be a valuable resource.
Kym
Aug 01, 2012 Kym rated it it was amazing
LOVED this! Fascinating account with scientific support for the Creation and all of the histories laid out for us in the book of Genesis.
Adam Ross
May 16, 2012 Troy Mcgahan rated it really liked it
Very helpful
Jeffrey
Feb 02, 2010 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
My Genesis text book from Bible College. Henry Morris is great and this book has many good things and has with stood the test of time.
Richard Brooks
Richard Brooks marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Jonathan Ford
Jonathan Ford marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Brenton
Brenton marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
Darin Lewis
Darin Lewis marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
PickyReader
PickyReader marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Blanche
Blanche rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
David Lawrence
David Lawrence marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Philippa N
Philippa N rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Daniel Weeks
Daniel Weeks marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Sharon Williams
Sharon Williams rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
  • The Genesis Flood: The Biblical Record and Its Scientific Implications
  • After The Flood: the early Post-Flood History of Europe
  • 1 Samuel: Looking on the Heart (Focus on the Bible Commentaries)
  • The Lie: Evolution
  • Romans (Romans Series, Vol 1)
  • Reason in the Balance: The Case Against Naturalism in Science, Law Education
  • Study Bible KJV - Scofield Reference Bible
  • Starlight and Time: Solving the Puzzle of Distant Starlight in a Young Universe
  • Sketches of Jewish Social Life