Start by marking “Before Sunrise” as Want to Read:

Diana Palmer

Before Sunrise

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,573 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
The Barnes & Noble Review
Murder, theft, and intrigue in the field of anthropology are at the heart of this top-flight novel by bestselling author Diana Palmer.

Ever since graduating from college, young Phoebe Keller has put her heart on hold and concentrated on her work as curator of a Native American museum in North Carolina. The discovery of an alleged Neanderthal sk

Published July 1st 2006 by Harlequin (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Before Sunrise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before Sunrise

Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnSeduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa KleypasScandal in Spring by Lisa KleypasNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanWhen He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn
"I've Loved You for Years."
164th out of 792 books — 953 voters
Lawless by Diana PalmerHeartless by Diana PalmerCallaghan's Bride by Diana PalmerHeartbreaker by Diana PalmerLord of the Desert by Diana Palmer
Favorite Diana Palmer Books
17th out of 59 books — 59 voters

More lists with this book...

SheLove2Read
20 something virgin heroine
15 year age difference
Eye rolling dialog
TSTL (slightly) heroine

Typical Diana Palmer cheesy goodness? !
Jacqueline
I keep telling myself I'm not going to try any more Diana Palmers but the local library is limited and I occassionally take them home. This was better than the others I've tried. At least he loved her the whole way through and knew it and wasn't an ass to her the entire time like is usual in Palmer's books.

The book was published in 2004 so I'm not sure why it was set in 1994 and 1997.

I liked the thing that kept them apart for the first 3 years. When they met again they got it out and explained
Christel
Jul 22, 2008 Christel rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance mystery readers
Shelves: diana-palmer
Another Diana Palmer book that is not set in Jacobsville. This one is a murder, mystery, romance and pretty dang good too. This story is set in North Carolina near the Cherokee reservation there.

Phoebe has been in love with Cortez since she met him in Charleston. Cortez has the same feelings for her but he is afraid. Needless to say circumstances happen that lead them to be apart from one another. If I tell it gives away a major part of the story. Phoebe now is the curator of a museum just outs
Julz
Jun 15, 2013 Julz rated it liked it
Kaycee Sapinoso
Just wow. I loved it. Well written. I loved the characters, the storyline, everything. I was so impressed. As expected.

Three years ago Phoebe Keller fell deeply in love with Jeremiah Cortez. And she thought the feeling was mutual. But he broke her heart when she received a newspaper clipping about his wedding to another woman. No words. No explanation.

Then circumstances involving murders occurred, a situation that forced them to work together closely.

*sigh* I loved Jeremiah. He's my kind of her
Jenny
Sexy, passionate and heartwarming. I adored this book! I can't believe DP wrote such sensual sex scenes. Sizzling hot!
Pat Cromwell
Feb 05, 2009 Pat Cromwell rated it liked it
One of Diana's best. Again, a tough heroine which man the insane alpha hero human.
Jenny
Apr 09, 2009 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
My favorite book of hers.
Cheesecake
Phoebe and Jeremiah. Jeremiah Cortez is better than the usual alpha-hole heroes. Sexy native american hotty fbi/prosecutor who is 13 years older than Phoebe. Three years ago she thought they were in love, until he sent her a newspaper clipping of his de facto marriage to another woman. No letter no explanation. Phoebe is devastated and retreats to a small town job as a museum curator. Then Cortez shows up as the FBI agent sent to solve the crime of a murdered anthropologist. With him, he brings ...more
Amanda Sheila
Sep 11, 2014 Amanda Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good Diana Palmer I think.

Phoebe's been in love with Cortez since her years in college. At that time, Cortez promised her future together. Until one day he left and sent her a letter, with his marriage clipping in it! Heartbroken and alone, Phoebe went work at a museum. Three years later when she's involved with a murder case, Cortez's the one who investigate it. What will happen next?

I kind of liked it. I find Cortez's not that snob as Diana Palmer's Hero usually be. He's tender and s
Consuela Rossetto
"Rosso Passione" ed.DCuorehm (2006)

Phoebe Kellec, esperta di cultura dei nativi americani, viene contattata da un antropologo, che sostiene di aver trovato uno scheletro di uomo di Neanderthal.

Phoebe, un po' scettica, si reca sul posto per saperne di più, ma prima che possa affrontare l'argomento con lo studioso, questi viene assassinato.

Jerry Cortez arriva per indagare, ma con sua grande sorpresa si ritrova davanti alla donna che, anni prima, si è visto costretto a dimenticare.

La passione tra P
Andrea
Jul 28, 2010 Andrea rated it really liked it
Overall this was a really good book. The only thing that this author does that puts me off slightly is her multiorgasmic men. Which in itself isn't a bad thing but if all her books contain multiorgasmic men it gets old. Now the plot in this book was great. There was dager, secrects, and romance. It caught my interest and kept it. I'd reconmend this book.
Aug 08, 2008 Linda rated it it was ok
This will be a quick review. I would NOT recommend this book. Although the mystery kept me reading, the dialogue was stilted and weak. I trudged through it and won't read another Diana Palmer book.
Rachael
Jun 24, 2008 Rachael rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
A terrible book about an anthropologist and the jerkwad Native guy she loves for some unfathomable reason. He's an ass, she's stupid, and the whole thing is unbelievable and poorly written.
Jignasha
Aug 11, 2010 Jignasha rated it really liked it
read first book by Diana Palmer...like this book...hope to read some more good books by same auther.
Glenda
Dec 02, 2008 Glenda rated it really liked it
Liked her style this time too. She is great if you just want a feel-good book.
Laurie O'
Jan 29, 2009 Laurie O' rated it it was amazing
Another good book of Diana Palmer's, that I just couldn't put down.
Apr 26, 2010 Linda rated it liked it
Another good one by this Author.
Toni
Jun 18, 2009 Toni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, fiction, crime
Having got a few chapters in I recall reading this sometime last year.
Its a story off a girl broken hearted, who moves away to a small remote town who has got a degree in anthropology, but she is currently working in a library to heal her broken heart running away from a romance that was cut short with no explaination. The man she was in love with and has never gotten over is a cherokee indian "Cortez' with long dark hair and much older than her. It is when the girl recieves an anonymous phone c
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 06, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing
Amanhecer e Meia-Noite 2/2
Antes Do Sol Nascer
Diana Palmer
H.R. Romance 36
2009

Paixão...

É com certeza uma ótima leitura, ainda mais se vc for fã da DP, pois vai encontrar alguns personagens conhecidos, e é claro há o casal principal Cortez e Phoebe e todo o drama envolvendo suas vidas.

Bom, não é o melhor livro da DP, mesmo assim é ótimo.

E ainda tem a adorável e maluca Alice Jones que num futuro próximo encontrará seu par, no nosso amado Harley Fowler.

E os policiais Parker e Dane que ultimamente a
Catherine Townsend-Lyon

This was the first of MANY books I intend to read of Diana Palmer's. I really enjoyed "Before Sunrise" as the story & characters were of Indian decent. The plot explored & did share tidbits of history in the story line, which I also found interesting.

How the story took a twist of a MAN of HONOR I thought it to be, when a brother pass's away, leaving a woman who was blindly in love with him became pregnant with his child. The living brother comes to help, but that's all I will share, as
Chantal Main
This one is an awesome read by DP even when they make love you can feel their emotions. It was so real and poignant. I have read and re read this book several times. Loved it.
Mar 10, 2013 Linda rated it it was ok
I can't understand how Diana Palmer can be a New York Times bestselling author as this book claims if all of her writing is like this. She is clearly trying to combine too many elements into one book, mystery, crime, and romance, and is not doing a very good job at any of them. I found the romance to be too graphic in parts and just plain laughable in others. The crime and mystery was far-fetched to say the least. For an FBI agent, the main character, Jeremiah Cortez, seemed to blunder through t ...more
Winnernu
Apr 06, 2014 Winnernu rated it did not like it
I've read Diana Palmer before but this wasn't one of my favs. The story line was pretty trite (even for a romance) and the murder mystery was shallow.
Mandy
Apr 20, 2012 Mandy rated it did not like it
I knew this book wouldn’t interest me from the blurb. I only read it to fill in a blank in a decades challenge. Of course, the library had it incorrectly labeled when I downloaded it. I knew something was up when the heroine talks about saving something to a floppy…of course there’s a continuity problem and a few pages later it’s referred to as a cd.

I didn’t like how so much of the storyline takes place outside of the book. The couple meeting, their supposed great attraction to one another, and
Diane
Mar 20, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it
This was the first book I have read by Diana Palmer. Loved it, read it in one day. I will be looking forward to reading more of her books. Quick read love story.
Jan 19, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
murder, mystery, romance and pretty dang good too.
This story is set in in my native North Carolina near the Cherokee reservation.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
May 04, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it liked it
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Another dollar book find!

Hero not as awful as some of her others. Still a jerk, though.

Wow! A Diana Palmer that didn't TOTALLY turn me off from the hero. Although, I wonder if it's because her previous heroes were such jerks that this guy was a prince among them?

I liked this book. I liked the characters and supporting characters, too. It was a quick, engaging, sexy read.

Speaking of sexy...the heroine's loss of her virginity was one of the sexiest scenes I have read to date. We're not talking ero
Taisha
Mar 26, 2012 Taisha rated it it was amazing
The passion between Phoebe & Cortez is lovely. At first, when Cortez sent her the clipping of his wedding i thought he had no heart cause that's just unforgivable especially if you know that the person is waiting for you to come back. But then he came back, in his sexy ways & he got to explain to her what actually happened. His life got pretty bad but i still think he could have told her that in the letter. His little kid/nephew is sooo adorable. I fell in love with that kid. The plot wa ...more
  • Sheikh's Desert Duty (The Chatsfield, #9)
  • Taken: The Spaniard's Virgin (Mediterranean Brides, #2)
  • The Italian's Token Wife
  • The Only Woman to Defy Him (Alpha Heroes Meet Their Match #1)
  • The Italian's Runaway Bride (Harlequin Presents, No. 2219)
  • What the Greek Can't Resist (The Untamable Greeks, #2)
  • Dark Angel (Sister Brides, #4)
  • Bought For The Marriage Bed
  • The Sicilian's Unexpected Duty (Irresistible Sicilians, #2)
  • No Way to Begin
  • Warrior (Silhouette Desire, #631)
  • An Insatiable Passion
  • Desert King, Pregnant Mistress (Bought for Her Baby) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #18)
  • Love's Legacy
  • His Unexpected Legacy
  • The Blackmail Baby
  • Mistress: Pregnant by the Spanish Billionaire
  • The Wedding in White

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...