Start by marking “Go Jump in the Pool! (MacDonald Hall, #2)” as Want to Read:
Go Jump in the Pool! (MacDonald Hall, #2)

Go Jump in the Pool! (Macdonald Hall #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  948 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Bruno Walton and Boots O'Neal try to think of ways to raise money for a school swimming pool like the one their archrivals have at York Academy.
Published January 1st 1991 by Scholastic (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Go Jump in the Pool!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go Jump in the Pool!

Alex Ristea
Hm.

It was Bruno and Boots, so I enjoyed it, but it didn't have the same punch as the first book. These are already pretty predictable and formulaic books, but this one was even worse since it was a series of "fundraisers" for the school.

There is good kids' humour, and Gordon Korman tried (and failed) to find that wit in this book.

I'm sad to say that my childhood throwback is at an end—I would prefer that the adventures of these two friends remain a cherished memory than for me to continue readi
Jane
I was stalled from finishing Go Jump in the Pool! because it unexpectedly hits my embarrassment squick and I had to put the book down for a bit. Obviously, I was able to move on.

Go Jump in the Pool! continues to be as lighthearted, funny, and sweet as set by previous and later books in the series. However, there's really nothing remarkable about this book that set it apart from the rest of the series.
Elizabeth
The best children's books ever!!!I used to read these and laugh and laugh. All about some kids in boarding school in Canada. They put Alka-selzer in the pool...my brother says the author, who wrote his first novel when he was 14, now lives in Long Island...
Erin
I just re-read this for the first time since I was about 12. At that age, I LOVED Gordon Korman's books. I am now collecting them for my kids. I have to say that Gordon Korman is still the funniest author I have ever read.
Jamie Treatman-clark
Macdonald Hall put on a talent show to raise money for a pool. I liked that the Scrimmettes wouldn't show what they were doing for the show and I think they had a good reason because they didn't want Mrs Scrimmage to find out about the cut up skirts for the show. Macdonald Hall also had a fun fair. Elmer made a ping ball machine and guarded it with traps so nobody could see it until the day. When it happened Mr Sturgeon played and played and would not stop even though he said that it was a waste ...more
Patrick Lemieux
This was first Bruno & Boots book I ever read, in addition to being the my first Gordon Korman book. I haven't read it in years, but my memories are fond and I'm told by parents that it hold up for their kids now, so I highly recommend it (and the other B&B books, among many other GK works).
Punk
YA. More fun with Bruno and Boots; this time they're raising money to get Macdonald Hall a swimming pool so that Boots won't get shipped off to their rival school, York Academy. Some of their fundraising ideas are great, and others made me cringe, but, again, everything works out fine in the end.
Nick
These are possibly the best children's books ever. They're funny most of the time bu can be serious and twisty at other times. I love the characters, they're so distinct and unique, and I especially love how the jokes and puns are written. And he's canadian!
Ferret
I think it might be my favorite of the MacDonald Hall books. The pieces just come together so well, bringing back George Wexford Smyth III at just the right moment, with that glorious prolonged climax as the stock price climbs... Beautifully executed fun.
Jacob
Proof that classic Korman is still the best. While not quite up to the excellence of I Want To Go Home, this embodies everything that makes good Korman good.
Madeleine Haltorp
Someone should have asked me to write a review when I was eleven, because I love this book too much to pick it apart.
Merianne
Another spectacular book in the Bruno and Boots series! Still makes me laugh out loud to this day!
Trin
All the Bruno & Boots books are now online: [http://calathea.livejournal.com/19875...] Yay!
Hank
Great hilarity and delightful jokes :D A great series to read as a child.
Mary M
Aug 18, 2007 Mary M rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one.
Shelves: young-adult
Not that stimulating, a rather boring. Ending is to much of a quick fix.
Jahnavi
Hilarious, like the other Bruno & Boots books.
Felix
side splitting laughing out loud funny
Partridge Public
One of my favorites.
Mickey Schulz
Another childhood favorite
Tessa
Tessa marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Cara
Cara added it
Oct 15, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
  • Alligator Pie (Collector's Edition)
  • Jacob Two-Two Meets the Hooded Fang
  • The Great Brain at the Academy (Great Brain #4)
  • Green
  • The Hockey Sweater
  • That Scatterbrain Booky (Booky, #1)
  • 101 Ways to Bug Your Parents
  • My Perfect Guy (Sweet Valley Jr. High, #14)
  • Soup for President
  • Owls in the Family
  • Kalle Blomquist lebt gefährlich
  • The Secret World of Og
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (Classic Starts Series)
  • More Two-Minute Mysteries
  • Scarlet: Chapters 1-5
  • It Happened on a Train (Brixton Brothers, #3)
  • Larger-Than-Life Lara
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While i
More about Gordon Korman...
One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2) The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8) The Medusa Plot (39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #1) Schooled Swindle