Start by marking “Turn of the Cards (Wild Cards, #12)” as Want to Read:
Turn of the Cards (Wild Cards, #12)

Turn of the Cards (Wild Cards #12)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  352 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Pursued by the CIA, the DEA, and the Wild Card mistress of the winds, Mistral, renegade biochemist Mark Meadows uses the three personalities buried in his psyche in order to outwit his pursuers.
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published January 1st 1993 by Spectra

To ask other readers questions about Turn of the Cards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turn of the Cards

Watchmen by Alan MooreSoon I Will Be Invincible by Austin GrossmanThe Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael ChabonAmerican Gods by Neil GaimanHero by Perry Moore
Superhero Fiction
202nd out of 429 books — 747 voters
Aces High by George R.R. MartinJokers Wild by George R.R. MartinWild Cards by George R.R. MartinFort Freak by George R.R. MartinDown and Dirty by George R.R. Martin
The Wild Cards Saga
14th out of 25 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Jareed
Let me start off by saying that the wild card series has a way of endearing itself to its readers considering the volume and extent to which the series has grown. Of course, the finesse of workmanship that goes with the series captivates one in further picking up the next book in the series, and that is how, I find myself writing a review for the series in this twelfth book.

The continuity by which the series' has been riddled with can be said to be one its strength and yet it too is the source
Shayne
I'll start by saying that this has been my least favorite of the Wild Card books so far. That surprised me, as it's basically a Cap'n Trips novel, and he's one of my favorites. But it was slow going, and at times downright boring as hell.

That being said, the last quarter of the book changed the anticipated two-star rating I had planned to its current four-star. Exhilarating action coupled with, I think, the most satisfactory ending in the series thus far, completely changed my outlook.

All is for
Colateral Damage
This book takes so long to get good. The end of the book is quite an upswing and the final scene on the runway was great but it took far too long to get there. The first third of the book is pretty much a fugitive on the run. The side story with Mistral (Helene Carlysle) can almost be thrown away, though I'm sure we'll see the tail end of that in time, the Wild Cards series has a way of doing that. Though I do have to concede that it does serve to bring character to J. Robert Belew and show us t ...more
Robert
Overall, I thought this book was lackluster compared to the others in the series thus far. It started off strong, but about halfway through it devolved into a pantheon of acronyms, disjointed narrative, and a monotonous stroll through Capt. Trips' inner turmoils. In the end, I felt happy to be done with it, rather than wanting to learn more as I have with the previous books. Also, a contributor to my dissatisfaction was the really poor editing, or perhaps lack of any editing.
Theresa
Review: Turn of the Cards, it took a long time to get into this story, I have no love of playing soldiers and slogging through Vietnam jungle was more boring than anything which I guess happened to the soldiers all the time... but near the end the meaning of the story comes through, as the lessons of the wild card series comes through.
Charl
Jan 07, 2013 Charl rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: quit
I've just never gotten into Meadows/Capt. Trips' character. He always strikes me as just a whiner who never stands up for himself, and I'm not interested enough in him to finish the book and see if that ever changes.
Drsilent
Nothing special about this one... It does get a little long at times. Read it mostly to know the details if the backstory which is hinted at in more recent books.
AndrewP
Better than the previous one I read, but inconsistent stories.
Steven Morton
Interesting book, slow but once again any focus on Trips I enjoy.
Eric Bauman
Easily the least of the series to date.
bluetyson
isbn,original
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Yushak
Yushak added it
Nov 23, 2014
Lisa Nelson
Lisa Nelson marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Theodora
Theodora marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Jasmin Begic
Jasmin Begic marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Jon Estavillo
Jon Estavillo marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Chuck
Chuck marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Generalduke
Generalduke marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Anna Isaeva
Anna Isaeva marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Sher
Sher marked it as to-read
Alun Phillips
Alun Phillips marked it as to-read
Pitt Crandlemire
Pitt Crandlemire marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
  • Dealer's Choice (Wild Cards, #11)
  • Double Solitaire (Wild Cards, #10)
  • Death Draws Five (Wild Cards, #17)
  • Far Horizons: All New Tales from the Greatest Worlds of Science Fiction
  • Callahan's Secret (Callahan's Series, #3)
Victor Woodward Milán is an American writer known for libertarian science fiction and an interest in cybernetics. In 1986 he won the Prometheus Award for Cybernetic Samurai. He has also written several shared universe works for the Forgotten Realms, Star Trek, and Wild Cards Universes. He has also written books under the pseudonyms Richard Austin (Jove Books The Guardians series), Robert Baron (Jo ...more
More about Victor Milán...
War in Tethyr (Forgotten Realms: The Nobles, #2) Close Quarters From the Depths Hearts of Chaos Black Dragon