Start by marking “Fortunes Of Captain Blood” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Fortunes Of Captain Blood

Rafael Sabatini

Fortunes Of Captain Blood (Captain Blood #3)

The swashbuckling tale of pirate-turned-naval commander develops as Blood boards the ship of his attackers in an attempt to commandeer the ship and enlist it in the services of the Royal Navy.
Published (first published 1936)

To ask other readers questions about Fortunes Of Captain Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fortunes Of Captain Blood

Evgeny
Sep 02, 2015 Evgeny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
The last book of the trilogy feels like a second half of the second one to the point where I really do not understand why these two could not be combined - this is actually what I did with my copies (Calibre rules) and as the result the reading experience was quite smooth.

Everything I said about the second installment applies here so I could just copy my review of that one and paste it here. Anyway, this is a collection of 6 shortish stories about further exploits of Peter Blood; all of them ta
Daniel Garrison
May 07, 2016 Daniel Garrison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unlike the first book of this series, which was a single story throughout, this is a collection of short(ish) stories that are very loosely bound together. It was no surprise to me - as a huge Sabatini fan - that I enjoyed every story in the book. His writing is as smooth as Captain Blood when his back is against the wall. Plot twists, adventure, revenge, and pirates, oh my!
Scott
Nov 08, 2012 Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book! I could read/listen to this over and over!
Rachel Teng
Oct 02, 2012 Rachel Teng rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As expected, Captain Blood! Good, good.
J.M. Aucoin
Sep 20, 2013 J.M. Aucoin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rafael Sabatini is a huge influence on my work. The plot lines are so cleverly crafted and no author turns a phrase quite as well as Sabatini. I fell in love with Captain Blood about as soon as I opened the book and the opening phrase to The Tavern Knight is still one of my personal favorites. Scaramouche is also a fantastic historical adventure epic and even The Sea Hawk is enjoyable if you can get past the fact that the protagonist’s love interest is the most annoying female character written ...more
Laureen
Oct 07, 2013 Laureen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Captain Blood is a loveable rogue who fights for the good rather than the riches as most pirates do or so we are led to believe. I am really enjoying the tales of swashbuckling heroes. Captain Blood reminds me of our modern day comic super heroes who go about teaching the baddies some long overdue lessons through showing them up and bringing them low. I have read a couple of other classic authors whose tales are of a similar nature and I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I shall look for more.
Ronald
read between summer 1970 & summer 1974
Coy
May 18, 2012 Coy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book was the best because it was one coherent story with an injustice and redemption, but the other two books of short stories were still quite good. They were like the friend who you can always depend on to say "yes" when you want to go to the game, go to the movie or come over for a few beers. For me these books were dependable, entertaining and bred a bit of nastalgia for characters and time that in this ideal form I'm sure never wholly existed, but it's nice to think about.
Donna
Jul 19, 2013 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, sabatini
Some of these short stories started to feel like retreads, so I liked Captain Blood Returns better. Elements of the characterization also felt a little off to me.
Rosava Doshchyk
Jul 09, 2016 Rosava Doshchyk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Іще одна хороша пригодницька книжка, де кожна підлота отримує по заслузі, а панянки отримують знаходять своїх рятівників.
Will
Dec 15, 2009 Will rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sabatini short stories that are as sharp as a rapier. Fun, interesting reading.
Didoni
Nov 17, 2014 Didoni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favourite childhood stories is the one of Captain Blood. I enjoyed this book a lot.
Ed Patterson
Great adventure!
Jane Chromova
Aug 02, 2016 Jane Chromova rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
пиrrrrаты <3
Kamilya
Kamilya rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2012
Marguerite Sentes
Marguerite Sentes rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Val
Val rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2010
Maelgon
Maelgon rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2011
Matek
Matek rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2013
Matthew Philips
Matthew Philips rated it it was ok
Jun 14, 2011
IgorP
IgorP rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Abster
Abster rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Anton
Anton rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Andrey
Andrey rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Enjolras
Enjolras rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2017
Deadsalesman
Deadsalesman rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Julia Tisler
Julia Tisler rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2013
Alexander Motola
Alexander Motola rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Musia Push
Musia Push rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
Shannon Stephens
Shannon Stephens rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2014
  • The Parthian (The Parthian Chronicles, #1)
  • Pharaoh's Son
  • Strategos: Born in the Borderlands (Strategos, #1)
  • The Lost Continent: The Story of Atlantis
  • House of Corruption
  • The Complete Moon Trilogy: The Moon Maid/The Moon Men/The Red Hawk
  • The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters, Volume Two (Miss Temple, Doctor Svenson, and Cardinal Chang #1.2)
  • Three John Silence Stories
  • The Mortal Immortal: The Complete Supernatural Short Fiction of Mary Shelley
  • Ayesha: The Return of She
  • The Norton Shakespeare, Based on the Oxford Edition: Histories
  • The Devil's Concubine
  • The Ghost Pirates
  • The House of Mirth / The Reef / The Custom of the Country / The Age of Innocence
  • Chained to the Barbarian (Palace Brides #2)
  • Dick Sands the Boy Captain (The Extraordinary Voyages #17)
  • Prince of Foxes
  • Caesar and Cleopatra
Rafael Sabatini (1875 - 1950) was an Italian/British writer of novels of romance and adventure. At a young age, Rafael was exposed to many languages. By the time he was seventeen, he was the master of five languages. He quickly added a sixth language - English - to his linguistic collection. After a brief stint in the business world, Sabatini went to work as a writer. He wrote short stories in the ...more
More about Rafael Sabatini...

Captain Blood (3 books)