Start by marking “Groo: Hell on Earth” as Want to Read:
Groo: Hell on Earth

Groo: Hell on Earth (Groo the Wanderer)

Groo is BACK And, oddly enough, that might not be the biggest disaster looming over the planet. It seems that things are getting hotter everywhere . . . that is, in those places where it isn't getting colder than ever before The usual suspects - Sergio Aragones and Mark Evanier - once again join forces to bring you a sidesplitting tale of the world's stupidest barbarian. ...more
Published January 20th 2009 by Dark Horse Books (first published September 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Groo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Groo

g026r
Mar 24, 2011 g026r rated it it was ok
This is honestly a tough one to rate so low, for the simple reason that I'm doing so not because I disagree with the central message of the work. (In fact, based on Evanier's afterword, I'd say that I pretty much agree with him on the subject matter.)

What it boils down to is this: I don't read Groo primarily for an essay on sociological, environmental, or any other matters. If there's some in there, that's a bonus. What I read it for is to be amused by Groo's incompetence and the troubles that g
Ann
Jul 08, 2010 Ann rated it really liked it
Blast from the blast: I used to read the Groo comics back in the day. I'm delighted to report that Groo is just as clueless, just as bumbling, and just as much of a destructive force of nature as ever. Artist Sergio Aragones's style should be familiar to any one who grew up with MAD magazine: each panel of this Groo graphic novel is a little epic comic snapshot all by itself, I could spend hours soaking up all the small comic details throughout the book.

Groo: Hell on Earth gives the familiar Gr
RØB
Feb 18, 2010 RØB rated it it was amazing
A GROO book about global warming? Another interesting and humorous read to no surprise. It avoids being too ham-fisted by virtue of it being a GROO comic, of course. Mark Evanier makes explicit the fact that he doesn't know whether Global Warming is real or not, in the end-essay, which is a nice touch.
Richard
Jul 23, 2009 Richard rated it liked it
I was sort of surprised to learn that Groo comics are still being made. This one is even on the modern topic of climate change. Sergio Aragones is an amazing cartoonist, but this book isn't as fun as it should be.
Lloyd
Nov 29, 2009 Lloyd rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I have been reading Groo since it first came out from the now defunct Pacific Comics lo those many years ago and there is one thing that remains true to this day: Groo is a visual treat that is just plain fun to read. Hell on Earth is no different. I look forward to the next collection.
David Skies
Apr 13, 2011 David Skies rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
An unremittingly heavy-handed morality tale on climate change, done in "Blaargh" graphics. Might have found some redemption if it were humorous in any way, but it's simply tired and dull.
Nux
This is my first Groo story. Picked up the book expecting nothing more than a good laugh and a quick read, to be pleasantly surprised at the content & funny takes on the issues of climate change.
David Cole
David Cole rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Tom-Kenneth Fossheim
Tom-Kenneth Fossheim rated it really liked it
May 02, 2013
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Tom Conder
Tom Conder rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2012
Stripofil
Stripofil rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2011
Feathertail
Feathertail rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
George Gastaldi
George Gastaldi rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2013
Ido
Ido rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Baal Of
Baal Of rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2009
Stacey
Stacey rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
-joss-
-joss- rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2011
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Steve Langlois
Steve Langlois rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Dorcas
Aug 11, 2009 Dorcas rated it it was ok
Although Groo was somewhat amusing, I found the story way too didactic.
Wesy2k
Wesy2k rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2012
David
David rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Phandom Duck
Phandom Duck rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2014
LadybugPJ
LadybugPJ rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2010
Anish
Anish rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2012
Somer Hollingsworth
Somer Hollingsworth rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2012
Joseph
Joseph rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2012
Roger
Roger rated it really liked it
May 20, 2015
Justin Alcala
Justin Alcala rated it really liked it
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Sergio Aragonés Domenech is a cartoonist and writer best known for his contributions to Mad Magazine and creator of the comic book Groo the Wanderer.
More about Sergio Aragonés...

Groo the Wanderer (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Groo Adventurer (Groo the Wanderer, #1-4)
  • The Groo Bazaar (Groo the Wanderer, #5-8)
  • The Groo Carnival (Groo the Wanderer, #9-12)
  • The Groo Dynasty (Groo the Wanderer, #13-16)
  • The Groo Exposé (Groo the Wanderer, #17-20)
  • The Groo Festival (Groo the Wanderer #21-24)
  • The Groo Garden (Groo the Wanderer #25-28)
  • The Groo Houndbook (Groo the Wanderer #29-32)
  • The Groo Inferno (Groo the Wanderer #33-36)
  • The Groo Jamboree (Groo the Wanderer #37-40)